Tristam Core/Medical Records
Medical records for Tristam Core.
|Nothing on record|
- 238510.11: Treated for minor burns on left hand.
- 238511.13: Treated for minor burns on right hand.
- 238610.25: Check up. No ongoing medical problems to note.
- 238708.01: Explosion in the USS Pioneer's Main Engineering. Core's head impacts with a bulkhead, crushing his skull and causing damage to his brain. His left leg is also pinned underneath rubble.
- It takes medical staff up to twelve hours to ensure he does not go into a state of brain death.
- Is transferred to a medical facility as soon as he was in a stable condition.
- 238708.02: Core's telepathic lobe is deemed irreparable. Doctors begin repairing the damage to Core's left leg - his knee requires a total reconstruction.
- 238708.08: Core awakes after several bouts of surgery, begins rehabilitation and is given 12 months medical leave of absence.
- Is required to attend regular counseling sessions. Continues these willingly throughout his leave.
- 238905.12: Attends physical aboard Deep Space 17.
- 239109.23: Awakens in USS Garudas Sick Bay after a heavy mission aboard the USS Mercury. He is treated for a scapula and clavicle fractures, and head trauma.
- 239202.02: Develops Rodulan stomach flu. Is given a low-level pain medication to ease abdominal pain.
- 239203.24: Admitted to Sick Bay after two weeks spent 10000 years in the past on Peppalexa. Though there are no major issues with Core's health, he mentions that he has been having trouble speaking in full sentences (e.g. will skip words without noticing, is unable to produce certain words when attempting to speak full sentences). He is asked to return to Sick Bay for a follow-up.
- 239205.14: Treated for minor head injuries. Nurse makes note that Core's verbal communication skills have decreased significantly.
- 239206.17: Admitted to Astrofori One emergency care with several other officers as a kidnap victim. Treated for burns on both palms (result of a significant electric shock), and is placed under observation for 24 hours due to inhalation of an unidentified gas. It's noted that his verbal ability is still in decline.
- 239206.26: LtCmdr Roshanara Rahman relieves Core of duty and he is placed on a medical leave of absence due to his (lack of) ability to communicate.
- 239207.09: Is called into Sick Bay for his follow-up appointment. LtCmdr Chythar Skyfire asks Core to consider using a telepathic inhibitor under the belief that Core's brain is repairing the damage to his telepathic lobe (which is interfering with speech production). Core declines for reasons he could not convey, though submits to a neural scan.
- 239212.28: Treated for deep gash on left shoulder, broken fifth finger on left hand, and microfracture in reconstructed knee repaired.
|Raissa Moonsong||239101.24||This is my first session with Commander Core. He has been through a great deal in the last few months. He has indicated that he is having difficulty sleeping. His experience on the damaged Mercury and the supposed death of a holographic Doctor Rahman has left him emotionally at odds with himself and his part in 'her' death, despite the fact the real Doctor Rahman is alive and well. |
He has seen and spoke to Doctor Rahman since the incident and claims that he is sleeping better. However, as lifelike as holograms can be, it will take time for him to process. Seeing the death of someone he is close to can have a traumatic effect. Since his dreams continue to disturb him, I have recommended that he begin keeping a journal of his dreams to gain better insight into what continues to bother him about that incident.
I have noted that Commander Core spends a great deal of time in his own head. His body language and facial expressions indicate that he thinks through things and is easily distracted by his own thought. I am beginning to suspect he is the type to compare past and present events in order to decide a course of action. Even when answering a simple question. It will be interesting to learn more about his thought processes as time goes on.
In addition, the Commander lost his telepathic ability five years ago, however, despite his protestations to the contrary, the loss is still affect his behavior and how he deals with others.
I will continue to see him to help him to resolve his current issues.
Though a tad spiked in capability, Core is classified under a typical Rodulan rating. He had lost all telepathic ability after severely damaging his telepathic lobe in an explosion on board the USS Pioneer, though through healing (and initially loss of speech capability) he seems to have made a full recovery five years later. He claims to struggle with control, especially when tired or groggy, though has had no notable or reported incidents with his crew or civilians of any kind. As a Rodulan, he is non-readable.