- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Todd is no longer so concerned with fashion and will dress more for comfort now.
- Quarters: Always tidy. His quarters are bare and functional with no pictures or items of sentimental importance, or any other personalisation.
- Favorite Room: His own quarters.
- Habits and Mannerisms:
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None in particular
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Listening to music, swimming.
- Ambitions and Goals: To gain in rank and renown as a doctor, eventually working up to a leadership position within the department.
- Achievements in Life: Getting a place on a popular racing team and working from being a back up pilot to a main pilot.
- Disappointments in Life: Losing his friend and fledgling racing career after a bad crash.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Agrizoophobia (Fear of wild animals, specifically of being attacked by them)
- Personality: Serious and quiet by nature. Very competitive and ambitious.
- Physical Limitations: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Niall Manius
- Mother: Ellen Manius
- Siblings: Fay Manius
When Todd was growing up he was very interested in sport and shuttle racing. He grew up watching all the races with either his father of friends. He got into the sport himself quite young and showed great promise. He was always very competitive and driven to achieve. He was attracted by the glamour and fame and enjoyed the fast life; if he wasn't racing he'd be drinking and partying with friends. He lived in the moment and liked to have all the best clothes and gadgets. He finished his high school education in 2381 and by the following year had been picked as a back up pilot for a popular racing team. He was working hard to become one of their main pilots and took whatever opportunities he could to get experience in the team.
By the beginning on 2383 he was lucky to have scored a place in the main team after a pilot took early retirement from the sport. It gave him many more opportunities to race and he was growing in strength and confidence as a racer. They were having a good season and got a P4 starting place for a key race. The team were hoping for a podium finish but little did they know how events would play out that day. Todd managed to stay at the front of the group battling for third place with a long time rival. They were only three laps in when disaster struck.
One of the pilots in the middle of the group took a big risk overtaking at a tricky section of the course. He misjudged what he was doing and clipped the shuttle next to them. While he was able to compensate and fly on the clipped racer didn't compensate quickly enough and tapped another shuttle leading to a horrific crash involving several shuttles in the tightly knit pack. Several pilots were dead before the emergency medical beam out could grab them. The race was cancelled and everyone was shocked by the events.
Todd knew many of the injured racers and one of his friends was killed. Most of the racers who survived picked themselves up and carried on but Todd found he couldn't do that. He felt that like them he should be able to get back behind the helm and get back into it but he simply wasn't able to. His personality changed dramatically and he withdrew into himself. All trace of the charismatic, sociable young man was gone. He became very withdrawn, quiet and serious, keeping more and more to himself. He lost touch with friends and couldn't face being in a shuttle even as a passenger. He received counselling and eventually overcame his problem with shuttles but by then the team had found a replacement pilot and he'd lost his place. His personality has never recovered to what it was.
Although crashes were uncommon it served to give Todd a wake up call. He reevaluated his priorities and what he wanted out of life. He went back to basics and thought about the things he was good at and decided to enroll in StarFleet later in the year. It wasn't as glamorous as racing but it gave him structure and many opportunities for advancement, which he found appealing. StarFleet Academy recruitment advisors thought they could use his existing expertise and felt he would make a perfect helmsman. Even though they tried to sell it to him pretty insistently they could not persuade him to take it as his major although he did concede and agree to take it as a minor. He had come to a point in his life where he appreciated life a lot more and wanted to act to save it, so he took a major in medical.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238801.10
- Major: Medical Officer
- Minor: Helm
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Darwin-A
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
Awards & Commendations
|StarFleet Career History