The Njörðr Incident (Gorkon)
|2396, Episode 12|
The Njörðr Incident
- Stardate 239502.05 to Present
While the USS Gorkon is in for routine repairs and maintainance at Starbase 123, Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds and company have hitched a lift with the USS Njörðr to the annual New Horizons conference; a prestigious conference to showcase new technologies for all branches of Starfleet. During their voyage, the ship encountered a nebula, suffered intense damage, and nebula gases have begun to seep slowly into the ship.
- USS Njörðr: A Dakota-class starship giving Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds and company a lift to the New Horizons conference.
- Nebula: The nebula the USS Njörðr is currently inside, seeping slowly into the ship from the bottom up (flipped upside down).
- Commander Kol ch'Vaorrohr: Andorian Captain.
- Lieutenant Commander Entai Belynn: Kerelian First Officer.
- Lieutenant JG T'Yuu: Vulcan Engineering Officer.
- Lieutenant JG T'Me: Vulcan Engineering Officer.
- Lieutenant Hamdan Said: Human Chief Medical Officer.
Click sub-headings below to expand or collapse.
Act One: The Njörðr Incident
En route to the New Horizons conference, the USS Njörðr has run aground within a nebula. Flipping over, heavily damaged, malfunctioning artificial gravity, and systems failing shipwide, suddenly hitchhiking doesn't seem like such a good idea.
- Captain's Mess, Deck 3
- Jefferies Tubes off Main Engineering, Deck 7
- Turbolift, Between Decks 5 and 6
- Medical Laboratory, Deck 4
The impact with the exploding nebula caused a shipwide malfunction, flipping the ship onto it's back like a wounded animal, artificial gravity controls haywire, and a large proportion of the ship's crew dead on impact. The Bridge and Bridge Officers were caught first in the blast, the nebula tearing apart the hull. Those on deck three in the Captain's Mess were thrown from their meeting, crashing into the ceiling, and in immediate danger as the indigio and blue nebula began to seep into the room through the crack in the viewport window.
|REV SD 239602.08|