“This I'll Defend”
|Crew of the USS Gorkon|
|Lieutenant Tasha MacFarlane|
Full name: Tasha Gwyn MacFarlane
Place of Birth: Glasgow, Scotland, Earth
Date of Birth: 236906.01
Height: 1.72m (5'8")
Hair colour: Brown
Hair length: Longish (hanging down to just below shoulder blades)
Eye colour: Brown
Skin tone: Pale
Voice: Soft voice with strong Scottish accent
Tattoos/Scars: Although it is not visible, Tasha's left arm is a prosthetic from just below the elbow down.
Tasha is often described as overly energetic or hyperactive and is a big child at heart. She finds everything amazing and almost always has a smile on her face. If somebody tries to challenge Tasha's view on something she will staunchly defend her view, often to a ridiculous extent. Tasha doesn't get angry very easily but when she does she usually resorts to yelling and name calling. When she gets nervous Tasha tends to start blathering.
On Duty: Standard Starfleet uniform, with a belt holding an array of pouches and tools.
Off Duty: Tasha prefers to wear comfortable, loose shirts and trousers. She is not very fond of skirts or dresses, and only wears them on formal occasions. Although she will often be seen wearing a kilt, a kilt is not a skirt and those people who have tried to tell Tasha otherwise were very sorry later.
- Tinkering: Tasha is always working on something mechanical in her spare time.
- Music: Tasha plays the traditional Scottish Bagpipes. This led to more than one argument at the academy when she tried to practice and some people didn't like the noise.
- Model Making: Tasha has a large collection of model Starships that she has modified to be flown with a remote control.
- Cooking: Tasha is a pretty good cook and isn't a fan of replicating meals.
- Old Style Weapons: Tasha's father is a very traditional man and thought his daughter should learn what he called the "essential old skills" including how to wield a sword. Tasha enjoyed this and one of her most prized possessions is an old Scottish Claymore.
- Scotland: Tasha is VERY patriotic.
- Unicorns: Just don't question it.
- McFarlane:There is a clear difference between MacFarlane and McFarlane, Tasha gets irritated with people who can't get it right.
- Hemophobia: When Tasha sees blood, hers or someone else's, she will freak out. If the blood is not hers she will feel nauseous and begin to panic for the injured person. If it is only a small amounts she generally won’t panic. However, if the blood is hers, no matter how much there is she will panic, usually coupled with vomiting, passing out, or both. The more blood there is in this situation, the more extreme her panic attack will be.
- Hypoastrophobia: Fear of Subspace. Due to incidents on a couple of missions Tasha has begun to develop a phobia of subspace anomalies.
Father: Robert MacFarlane
Mother: Natalie MacFarlane
Siblings: Nicholas MacFarlane
Uncle: Julian MacFarlane
Aunt: Emma MacFarlane
Her Father Robert MacFarlane worked as a teacher at a primary school before the Dominion war. After the war he began teaching applied physics at a high school.
Her Mother Natalie MacFarlane is a holonovelist.
Her Uncle and Aunt, Julian and Emma MacFarlane, both live on Mars and work at the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards
Pets: Spark, Kitten
Friends and Replationships
|Friend and Commanding Officer||The first person that Tasha met when coming aboard the USS Gorkon. Coincidentally, also her commanding officer. At first Tasha was nervous about serving under such an experienced officer. Tasha has come to respect Quinn very strongly and would follow her to the end of the universe and back. She has also come to consider Quinn as a friend.|
|Friend and XO||Chief Science Officer when Tasha first met her aboard the USS Gorkon. Ayiana is now the First Officer. Tasha was wary of the Trill woman at first, but very quickly came call her a friend.|
|Friend and Department Head||Chief Engineer and Tasha's department head aboard the USS Gorkon. Tasha respects Cory and enjoys spending time with the Chief.|
|Friend||The wife of Cory Stoyer and another person that Tasha considers a friend.|
|Friend||Tasha gets along very well with Jo. She loves her ability to find the humor of any situation.|
|Friend||Tasha first met Groznin through his adoptive Klingon son Jang, whom she was teaching to use the Bat'leth. She was part of an away team with him on Sikuna and considers him a friend.|
Tasha MacFarlane was born on Stardate 236906.01 to Robert and Natalie MacFarlane. There is a history of Engineers in Tasha’s family with bother her father and uncle being excellent ones. When she was 4 years old her father joined Starfleet as an enlisted engineer to help fight in the Dominion war. Roughly 14 months later they received a report stating that her fathers ship had been destroyed and all hands were assumed lost. It came as a shock when shortly after the war Robert returned home having spent time as a prisoner of war among the Dominion. Upon his return he took up a job as a Physics teacher at a local school and much of what he taught there rubbed off on Tasha at home, leading to, among other incidents, Tasha burning down half their house trying to take apart their food replicator to see how it worked. Later that year on Stardate 237609.17 her parents had a second child, a boy they named Nicholas. Tasha loved her brother and despite the difference in their ages they were very close growing up. When Tasha was 11 her school held a science and technology fair. Tasha entered the competition with a scale model of the famous USS Enterprise-A, complete with working engines, allowing her to fly it with a remote control, and working phaser banks, low powered as to not accidentally hurt someone. She won the competition. At school from this point Tasha began to take subjects that allowed her to hone her budding engineering skills. Upon leaving school at 18 she moved to Mars and joined her aunt and uncle working at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards as an assistant engineer. She worked there for a year and a half before her uncle urged her to join Starfleet as he believed she was wasting her talents. She applied to the academy and was accepted very quickly. At the academy she majored in Engineering and decided to minor in Helm and Navigation. Tasha aced all her Engineering courses and did well in her other courses. On Stardate 239311.22 she completed her training cruise and was assigned to the USS Gorkon.
|Cadet First Class||239311.22||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Engineer|
|Ensign||239311.23 - 239504.01||USS Gorkon||Engineer|
|Lieutenant JG||239504.01 - Present|
|USS Gorkon • Sovereign class|
A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - Stardate: 239311.23 - 239312.25
Old Hatreds - Stardate: 239402.25 - 239404.10
The Silver Function - Stardate: 239405.17 - 239407.12
The Devil's Expanse - Stardate: 239409.18 - 239411.01
- During this Mission Tasha was absorbed and trapped by one of the shape shifting creatures that came to be know as the Seraphim. She was eventually released in a prisoner exchange, but suffered from nightmares for weeks afterwards
Telutho'kai - Stardate: 239412.28 - 239502.12
- During this Mission Tasha had her left hand brutally torn off by a creature from a subspace dimension. She went into severe shock and had to be taken back to the Gorkon to be treated. She is currently working on getting a Prosthetic replacement.
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History