- Full Name: Danielle Swift
- Current Rank: Cadet
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: 2367
- Place of Birth: Coranth, Devellir III
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Graham
- Mother: Michelle
- Siblings: One – Mike (older brother)
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 120 lbs
- Hair Color: Bright red
- Length of Hair: Long, braided, parted at front of face
- Eye Color: Emerald green
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Build: Petite/waiflike
^ Carriage: Long strides
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Jeans and teeshirts, leathers
- Voice: Low, fairly loud when needed
- Handedness: Either
- Danielle has superb reflexes and quickness of thought, honed by flying practice
- Danielle can be cheeky to higher ranks, especially when flying
- She has a tendency to seek out danger, being a bit of an adrenaline junkie
- She doesn't socialize much, unless it involved flying of some kind
- Flying, flying and more flying. If it doesn't involve flying, she's not interested. Everything from early 20th century (World War One) to the advent of jet combat is her favourite historical period.
- Majored in Helm/Navigation and Minored in Operations at Starfleet Academy
- Federation Standard
- Bits and pieces of Romulan, Klingon, Cardassian, Bajoran
- Anything, as long as it's Flight-connected
Danielle is cheerful, confident (sometimes overconfident) and outgoing, willing to get her hands dirty, a risk-taker – and above all, a pilot. Everything is secondary to that, for her, including friendship – if you don't like flying, you'll never be friends with her. Her cheerfulness can occasionally slip into cheekiness, though never outright insubordination. Her favorite song is Me262 (Blue Oyster Cult, late 20th Century)
Danielle's parents were mid-level personnel on the agricultural world of Devellir III, and Danielle was born in the major settlement, Coranth. From an early age, she was fascinated by flight, reading books on it.running round pretending to fly, and pestering pilots to let her sit in the cockpit at every opportunity. Finally, the Operations manager at the main processing base, a friend of the family, started getting Danielle to take the controls when shuttles were in flight – under his personal supervision, of course! To much surprise from the hardbitten farmers and workers, the little girl showed great promise as a pilot, taking to it as easily as walking.
Over the next few years, Danielle to get behind the controls of almost every craft used on the planet, as well as quite a few that were just visiting! She even started constructing her own airplanes in the style of First World War biplanes – with the aid of engineers around the farms who were amused at her precocity - which she then took up solo, even though at first she had to sit on a cushion to see out! When it came to flying, she was totally fearless.
By her teens, she was doing stunt flying down canyons at high speed, acrobatics at tree-top level, and tricks such as bouncing her undercarriage off the roofs of buildings. She studied texts on ace fighter pilots, practiced the maneuvers they'd used, and pushed herself to the limit at every opportunity. It was almost predestined that she would enter Starfleet Academy as a prospective pilot.
She passed classes with flying colours, as it were, though her lack of sociability outside the cockpit or Helmsman's seat was noted on her file. Still, her piloting skill was exceptional, as was her dedication to learning how to fly almost any ship in space., both traits that were commented on approvingly by her instructors. Now all she has to do is pass her Cadet cruise ....
- 238808.07: Assigned to Starbase 118 Ops
Missions on Starbase 118: Operations
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History