StarBase 118 Flight Operations Tower
The Flight Ops of StarBase 118 is the nerve center of all astroflight and Flight Combat operations activity on or around the starbase. Manned around the clock by highly-trained officers, this crew manages all things Flight, from Shuttles, Runabouts, Fighters, to cargo transport and workbees. The Flight Operations is Managed by the CAG (Commander Astroflight Group)Lt. JG Antero Flynn and the Chief Flight Office.
- 10: Observation Room and The Clear Domed Bar
- 9: Cafeteria, officers' mess, Command Staff Ward Room, Flight Ops's Command Staff Private Dining Room
- 7-8: Flight holographic imaging and Training center
- 6: CAG's Office, Flight Officers Office, Flight Ops Managers Office, Main Flight Briefing Room, Command Lounge
- 5: Flight Control and Operations, Flight Combat and Control, Flight Mission Control, Flight Directors Lounge, Chief Flight Directors Office
- 4: Communications support, Flight Directors Offices, Squadron Leaders Offices, Aces Lounge
- 3: Operations support & development, Squadron Briefing Rooms 1-10
- 2: Personnel scheduling support, Squadron Briefing Rooms 11-15, Flight Sickbay, Flight On Call Bunk Rooms
- 1: Lobby, Security, Press Room, History of Flight Museum, Hall of Heroes
Flight Control and Operations
The Flight Control and Operations is the area of the Flight Ops Tower in which the Flight control staff spend most of their time, directing operations and dealing with issues as they arise dealing with Small Craft. The Docking and Departing of Star Ships is controlled in the Hub by Flight Control (FLY-CON)
The Flight Control and Operations is a spherical, two-level, open space built in a "pit" formation. The main entrance to the Flight Control and Operations is located on the 5th floor of the Flight Tower, with all of the duty stations seated on the 5th floor. The upper area of Flight Control and Operations, encompassing what would be considered the area on the 6th floor, is mostly utilized by tactical data screens.