Sky Blake/Professional History
Blake suffers from severe amnesia and is unable to recall her initial experience at Starfleet Academy or her time on her previous posting. Much of her record was also purged upon Starfleet's false notification of her death, and most of her Academy records became victims of misleading information. When she joined the USS Veritas as it's strategic operations officer, Blake faced significant scrutiny in regards to her lack of experience from her captain and fellow crew members. In order to remain as the strategic ops officer on a permanent basis, and to retain the rank of Lieutenant Commander she had held prior to her initial retirement, Blake had to undergo on-the-job training and refresher courses - and still has to do so today to keep up to standard.
- There are some areas of which Blake was able to pick up almost immediately, and others of which she remembered as though she'd performed such actions for years. As Zhou Tai-Sheng made the decision to recruit her in 2392, he was primarily responsible for her crash courses in starship operations.
- She was trained in stellar cartography by Adalind Sierra, the ship's helmsman at the time, and is a capable pilot, often serving as a stand-in pilot for Veritas when dedicated staff are unavailable.
- Before she began temporary service aboard the USS Venture, Tristam Core had to give her a crash course on operating key systems of 23rd-century starships. She still struggled to handle the ancient computer, regardless of refurbishments made for the Khitomer Centennial.
- That being said, she was able to list major events from over a century ago when prompted, with little to no problems, and notes that she'd taken Starfleet history as an academy class where the Doomsday Machine was a covered topic - though whether this was something she remembers from her time at the Academy or if she'd had to take the course at Star Station Esperance is not made clear. She also manned the helm on the Venture with few complications.
- Upon meeting him personally, Joseph Washington provides her with training manuals to assist with getting her caught up on Starfleet operations outside of the Shoals - something of which Blake immensely preferred compared to Rosa Carrero's "sink-or-swim" method of training.
- When the Veritas crew is put under the command of Captain Roshanara Rahman as it undergoes repairs, Blake mentions off-hand to their new Chief Engineer (Luna Walker) that she's trained in basic engineering.
- Blake was sent to the Embassy of Duronis II when she joins the Starfleet Rangers for a short course on platoon training, observing how the Embassy's marines operated during combat scenarios.
- Repeatedly, Blake has had to act in a legal capacity for the Veritas crew, most notably to expunge any charges related to the Veritas passing the warp speed limit in the Shoals when rescuing the USS Astraeus.
- In a conversation following the bail release of Rahman, Wil Ukinix, and Kelrod on Ketar V, it's implied she at least has an intermediate knowledge of the legal systems of each colony world in the Shoals, but because each colony operates slightly differently, she has doesn't have the time to independently study each one.