Jump to navigation Jump to search
Office for Junior Medical officers
- Junior Medical officers aboard the USS Astraeus use a wide variety of office designs. Some share an office while others use a simple work station. However every medical officer needs a place to sit, use a computer and fill out patient reports. For Doctor Sheila Bailey the option to use an office (built for one person) was simple, it gave her the chance to have variable gravity. Sheila also uses her office in order to talk to patients in a more private setting, store her equipment as well as conduct physical therapy. So far the rarely used office needs decorating. Maybe a few plants, a picture or two.
- Deck 12
- Variable gravity
- Sheila was unable to decorate her office before being transferred to Starbase 118 Ops.
Starbase 118 Ops
- Located on deck 500 along with Hospital Administration, Office of the Chief Medical Officer, staff commissary, and locker rooms. This office is used to conduct important behind the scene work which includes filling out patient paper work, private talks with patients, break times can be spent here etc. For junior officers, Ensign and JG's, a shared office is common. Most of the time the officer will share the office with someone else that has the same specialty as them. Medical officers with more than one specialty can choose which of their specialties will be used in sharing the office. Sheila also keeps her personal medical equipment in her office when not using them including her wheelchair, when she's not using it; Though she might keep that in her quarters as well.
- Deck 500
- Yes. The office is shared between two medical officers. Sheila Bailey share's her office with junior officer Eireen Byrne who is a emergency doctor and pilot.
- Wheelchair accessible: Desk she can roll up too
- This office does not have gravity accommodations as those are left to Sheila Bailey's quarters.
- Sheila Bailey's medical diploma hangs on the wall above her desk.
- Behind the door is a diagram of the musculoskeletal system. It shows the front as well as the back with labels for the bones and muscles.
- Along with Sheila's diploma she also has two other famed pictures above her desk.
- One picture is of a blue butterfly
- The other picture is of a red bird.
- On her desk she keeps her stethoscope