|Starbase 118 Ops / USS Narendra|
|Position||Asst Chief Medical Officer|
“If you want to harness your power, you need to learn to control your fear.”
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Family/Background
- 4 Home
- 5 Duty Post; Medical
- 6 Notable Events
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Photo Gallery
- 9 Professional History
- Height: 5 foot 8 inch
- Weight: 120lb (In Federation gravity) 15lb (On Elaysia)
- Hair: Waist length wavy blonde
- Eyes: Blue grey
- Build: Petite
For a timeline of Sheila's clothing and accessories check out: Sheila Bailey/Clothing and accessories
- As for Bailey's casual clothing style she tends to wear either modern style dresses or a retro (1970's) looking t-shirt jeans and boots.
- Hard headed
- Tough as nails
- Card games
- Opera singing (rarely used)
- Singing in Elaysian (Similar to Earth Gaelic)
- Songs mentioned in sims so far are:
- Oh Mio Babbino Caro
- Mo Ghile Mear
- Songs mentioned in sims so far are:
- Favorite animal: Butterfly
- Favorite flower: Lavender
- People thinking her incapable because of her “disability”
- Being sent back to her home planet
- Strength training (Not yet mentioned in sim)
- Playing Tongo
- Becoming CMO
- Is to hard headed to know when to stop
Full name: Sheila Jacqueline Bailey
- Mother: Genevieve Bailey (Partial hearing loss)
- Father: Raymond Bailey (Partial hearing loss)
- Siblings: 2 sisters
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Family nickname: Her mother calls her Jack which is short for Jacqueline which is her middle name
Sheila Bailey grew up on the Elaysian home world of Elaysia II and always knew she would one day take the slightly risky step of leaving. Never once however did she ask for unnecessary help; she had to be able to do things for herself if she wanted to become a successful Starfleet Doctor. Even the shuttle accident her older sister Cathleen had as a young pilot didn't deter her from leaving the plant in order to pursue her dreams. During the academy she studied both medicine and engineering. Overall Sheila Bailey is a confident woman ready to defend the crew she works with. And despite the use of an exoskeleton and crutches she is more than capable of doing any task sent her way. Throw in a little humor and your in for a good time.
- Sheila's Uncle (Her father's brother) (Marc Clarence Bailey) is know for causing trouble. He was sneaky and manipulative. Sheila hasn't gone into this part of her past (yet) but recent events in 239612 have caused her to think about the incident again. 
- Sheila has only referenced his name a few time preferring to call him Uncle instead.
- No current pictures of her Uncle exist. No pictures exist that identify's him as being Elaysian. As an adult he had elective cosmetic surgery to get rid of his Elaysian identity as he had grown to despise his people.
- So far the only person she has opened up to about her Uncle is OPS Counsoler Malko, during her first counseling session with him. 
Marc Clarence's Pencil Drawings of his niece's
- A-Style are for junior officers, and civilians with an application. They are roomier than similar quarters on a starship and feature five main rooms: a bedroom, separate bathroom, a functional kitchenette with dining area, a main room, and a recreation room. Sheila has added her own personal touch with a few different pieces of furniture as well as pictures on the walls. The quarters have also been modified to have such things like differentiated gravity and a tub in the bathroom. Overall however anyone coming over to visit won't forget that they are in fact on a Starbase.
- Living room: TBD
Duty Post; Medical
- Sheila's medical specialties include being a General Practitioner and a Rheumatologist.
- At the end of medical exams Sheila is know for handing out fruit flavored lollipops.
- In 239604 during a mission Sheila Bailey came into contact with an unknown alien species that had found it's way onto the Montreal. The creature, that she later nicknamed Rosemary, ended up wrapping it's (her) tentacles around Bailey creating a bond.
- During this mission Bailey had a few falls onto her left hip resulting in minor pain.
Shore Leave 239606
- 239606.27, During the end of shoreleave, Ensign Sheila Bailey was promoted to Lt. JG.
- On 239611.18 Sheila Bailey was transferred to Ops due to unfortunate circumstances.
- Sheila was transferred along with science officer German Galven
- Her first mission as part of the Ops crew, from 239611-12, saw her facing Klingon cultists, a stow-a-way and getting injured, all at Starfleet academy.
Shore Leave 239701
- During shore leave of 239701 Sheila first mentions her Uncle to counselor Malko.
- She also gets to talk with Chief Engineering officer Hael about updates to her mobility aids over sandwiches in San Francisco.
- 239702-03 saw Sheila participating in her first away mission to track down a former Starfleet officer at Spaceport Miranda VII.
Shore Leave 239704
- Opening up to first officer Nijil about her past (her uncle).
- Continuing engineering project with Chief Engineer Hael and Casparian.
- From 239705-06 Sheila went on her second away mission to get rid of a deadly gas on Vankoth II. During the mission she had to assist Commander Galven who got injured as well as escape from an explosion of the gas. Thankfully no one died. Here she struggled with the impending doom of possible death as well as having to remember life changing events between her and her sisters when treating Commmander Galven's injuries.
Shore Leave 239706-07
- Sheila opening up more to Sal about her past trauma.
- Next steps forward are 1. setting up safe spaces and 2. working through the process of getting a service dog.
- Sheila connected more with German Galven
- Physical Therapy Medical Exam
- Holodeck adventure where the two got to know each other more. Talked about their childhoods and the future.
- Saw some new Ensigns for medical exams
- Invited Drevas over for dinner
- Participated in a wild west holodeck adventure.
- Borg Mission
- During this mission Sheila was tasked with find a "cure" for Borg assimilation. She then took the medicine the medical team created and used it while on an away mission, though staying solely on the shuttle. While on shuttle Sheila worked with Nijil and Talas in rescuing and treating members of the ECS Andromeda. The mission was challenging both in topic and in mental capacity; At a few points Sheila experienced disassociation, and flashback as mission events presented as a trigger.
Shore leave 239709-10
- Coming back from the mission Sheila had to confront the drawing she uncle had drawn of her and her sisters.
- Sheila came to Wyn Foster to inform him of her situation and her thoughts on getting a service dog.
- Cadet Harper and Sheila Bailey worked together treating patients but not before having a frank conversation about the hardships of the mission and mental health care.
- Sheila Bailey got to know Ops's newest counselor Ensign Yael when they came in for a medical exam. Sheila took careful note of his health and the medical braces he wore on his hands. Despite not speaking directly on their shared medical needs the two held an understanding between each other.
- Bailey's face blushed when Meeks can in for a surprise medical exam. Meeks was checking in on an injury given to him from a fall in the most recent mission. Sheila provided him with excellent healing and a bruise cream.
- Sheila and Tony went for drinks after the medical exam. Drinks were long awaited.
- Sheila was surprised when Alora stopped by her office in order to offer her an African Violet. Bailey excepted the plant, giving Alora seeds for an Elaysian plant in return. While talking the two found some commonalities, making plans to meet up later and share music.
- Romy, Nalni and Sheila all bumped into each other on the Promenade ending up having lunch at a small Betazoid establishment.
- Bringing home Alistair her current service dog in training.
- Medical Crisis with Yael. Punctured lung.
Sheila knew Groz while they were both at the Academy and were close friends. Sheila looks forward to having a close friend on board the ship. She can't wait to catch up on all the hilarious stories from their time at the academy.
Sheila Baiyle has known Beelam Grog since the academy. It was their that they learned to help each other through their struggles. More importantly they were there for each other when they needed it most, bringing out the others best qualities. Sheila is able to calm Bee down better than most.
In 239604 during a mission Sheila Bailey came into contact with an unknown alien species that had found it's way onto the Montreal. The creature, that she later nicknamed Rosemary, ended up wrapping it's (her) tentacles around Bailey creating a bond. They formed a symbiotic relationship. Sheila has attempted feeding Rosemary bananas as a form of food. Sheila first gained Rosemary's trust by singing an earth opera song to her.
Starbase 118 Operation
During shore leave of 239706-07 Sheila comes to Sal as the next person to tell about what happened between her and her uncle. She had only intended to tell them in the event that something should happen. Throughout their conversation Sheila realized how scared she had been during the recent mission to get rid of the "death fog". Sal also noted several good points during the conversation making Sheila realize the anxiety she was developing. With prompting from Sal she worked on finding some safe places and setting about getting service dog.
During shore leave of 239704 Sheila went to talk with Nijil. Her XO had expressed that those that had been on the away mission with him (239702-03) could come talk to him if needed. Sheila talked to him, telling him what happened in her past. It wasn't a detailed or elaborate conversation but she could tell how carrying Nijil was.
Anthony came in for his first physical during shore leave of 239706-07. It was one of the first appointments that Bailey had after her conversation with Sal. During this one she thought more about what Sal had told her. Because of this Sheila was a little unfocused as well as anxious at the beginning of that appointment. Meeks picked up on this extending an offer for drink, whenever she wanted.
During their mission, 239705-06, to get rid of a deadly gas, en planet, German and Bailey had a moment to take a breath as Sheila tended to German's wound. It was here that they realized the way they had been walking past each other despite both working on the same posting. Despite this, walking past each other, they have worked closely with each other ever since getting transferred. They now seem determined to get to know each other more. German and Sheila have a relationship full of trust and understanding.
Sheila met Romyana when she first can to the Starbase. They worked on an engineering project with Hael to upgrade her forearm crutches and braces. They soon became good friends due to the carrying nature the two of them had towards each other. (239704)
Sheila met Drevas during his first physical exam, soon after he came to the Starbase (39706-07). The physical exam went well and at the end after expressing curiosity about Elaysian Sheila invited him to dinner at her place. During the dinner Drevas experienced Elaysian gravity and a popular Elaysian fruit.
A Gallery of photo's of sheila and her personal items:
|Starfleet Service Record
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History
- Lt. JG Sheila Bailey Hemorrhage - part one, Lieutenant Junior Grade Bailey, SB118 Operations, 239612.5
- Lt. JG Sheila Bailey Let’s talk about anything, Lieutenant Junior Grade Bailey, SB118 Operations, 239701.22
- Ensign Sheila Bailey - It what? - Part one, Ensign Bailey, USS Montreal, 239605.04
- Lt. JG Sheila Bailey - (Backsim JP) Lt. Cmdr German Galven & Lt. JG Sheila Bailey - A Respectfully Day Out With A Friend, Part 1, Lt. Cmdr German Galven & Lt. JG Sheila Bailey, Starbase 118 Operations, 239710.18
- JP Lt. Sheila Bailey & Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - Gift Exchange Part 1, Lt. Sheila Bailey & Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau, Starbase 118 Operations, 239710.25