|Deep Space 10|
Aeryn Salarii is an El-Aurian physician posted as the Chief Medical Officer aboard Deep Space 10, and currently seconded to the USS Garuda. Unflappable, compassionate and thoughtful, she clearly enjoys her work.
- Full Name: Aeryn Salarii
- Species: El-Aurian
- Date of Birth: Unknown
- Age: It's poor manners to ask a lady her age
- Place of Birth: El-Auria
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: 0 (Unspecified ESP)
- Height: 1.80m (5'11'')
- Build: Slender, long-limbed
- Hair Colour: Flaxan Blonde
- Length of Hair: Long, usually worn in an elegant updo.
- Eye Colour: Egyptian blue
- Skin Tone: Luminous and tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: None visible
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Pierced ears
- Carriage: Languid and graceful
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Draped and fluid fabrics, flattering cuts in shades of grey, blue and purple
- Voice: Soft, warm and rich
- Handedness: Right
Aeryn is warm, generous and dependable, and has a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. She is constantly taking in information about people and situations personally important to her, and her memories regarding things consciously or unconsciously important to her can be remarkably accurate. It is not uncommon for her to remember a particular facial expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event occurred.
She has a very clear idea of the way things should be. She values security and kindness, and respects traditions and laws. Aeryn tends to believe that existing systems are there because they work, and she is likely to resist new methods, unless it is proven to be better than the established way of doing things.
She is extremely aware of her own internal feelings, as well as other people's, but she does not usually express her own, keeping them inside. If they are negative in perception, they may build until they turn into firm judgements, which can be difficult to unseed. Just as she is not likely to express her feelings, she is also not likely to let on that she knows how others are feeling. However, she will speak up when she feels another individual really needs help, and in such cases she can truly help others become aware of their emotions.
Aeryn has a very strong sense of duty, taking her responsibilities seriously, and she can be counted on to follow through, often prompting people to rely on her. She has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and can become overburdened. In such cases, she does not usually express her difficulties to others, because she intensely dislikes conflict, and because she tends to place other people's needs over their own.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Lapidary: Aeryn has a fondness for sourcing uncut gemstones and semi-precious stones from the worlds she visits, cutting and adding them to her collection once she's left.
- Rock climbing: Both a hobby and a way of keeping fit, she mostly climbs in the holodeck, but takes to a real rock face when the chance presents itself.
Likes and Dislikes
- Impatience: A combination of a long life and a naturally patient personality, Aeryn dislikes dealing with people who lack her laid-back attitude.
Ambitions and Goals
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Aeryn has an extremely well-developed sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal, which is reflected in her interior design choices. Her quarters are decorated with an eclectic, yet complementary mix of artwork and furnishings from across the Federation and beyond.
Aeryn has no family on record and rarely speaks of them. Any direct questions are usually answered with a variation of 'they've passed away' and the conversation redirected at the first opportunity.
- Marital Status: Single
Personal and Professional History
Much of Aeryn's past is undocumented; like many of her people, she has travelled extensively and often off the record. Her medical qualifications are spread throughout the Federation, and she worked extensively as a civilian doctor before signing up with Starfleet.
- 239004.14: Assigned to Deep Space 10.
|NPC Listing · USS Mercury Crew Manifest · Crew History