SIM:Lael Rosek - Late Night Part II (Gorkon)
"Late Night, Part I"
|Lieutenant Junior Grade Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
"Lesson on the Bunny Slope, Part I"
OOC: Set after Lael & Jansen’s post “Awkward…”. OOC2: Set after Chythar’s “Serious Conversations”
((Observation Lounge, USS Gorkon))
Rosek: ::murmurs:: I can’t stand myself. ::blinks back tears:: I feel like the worst kind of person. ::swallows roughly:: It doesn’t help that I completely took advantage of the fact that Anjar has feelings for me. I used him and I feel awful for it.
Skyfire: So you’re afraid of rebound?
Rosek: ::laughs humorlessly:: It’s not rebound when you feel nothing for the person you slept with. Not like that.
Skyfire: Enlighten me, then. Since I’m not sure of the context.
Rosek: ::swallows roughly:: When we were back on Earth just after the mission, he left his daughter with his parents to drag my sorry drunk ass home. Then when I thought Jansen was breaking it off, he left her again and we spent two nights on a beach in the middle of nowhere with him just holding me. Is that something you do for someone who’s just a friend?
- He stroked his chin thoughtfully and contemplated the answer. His answer was probably somewhat different than the answer she was hoping for, but then again he’d never been put in that position. The one he was put into was helping Ris recover from her breakup with Carter, and he knew how that ended.::
Skyfire: Well, I haven’t done *that* before. I have held someone recovering from a breakup, but that’s more because I was her brother rather than an ex-lover.
Rosek: ::murmurs:: He kissed me that first day on the beach. I knew what he wanted. And that day in the lounge a few weeks ago… ::shivers:: It felt good at the time.
- CD nodded and had another sip of his coffee, then remembered an anecdote of wisdom he was given once or twice.::
Skyfire: Just because something seems like a good idea doesn’t mean that it is. Remember this.
Rosek: ::murmurs:: You’re one of the few people still speaking to me. ::shakes her head:: Thank God for small favors.
- Again, Chythar gave a shrug. He wasn’t a fan of any religion, nor did he follow any, so he didn’t know who to thank for such things.::
Skyfire: You’re welcome.
Rosek: ::laughs softly and shakes her head:: Oh, Chythar. How I manage to get myself into these messes, I don’t know.
Skyfire: Maybe you should stop looking to get yourself into a mess in the first place?
Rosek: ::takes a sip of her tea and grins wryly:: Maybe I should take Tobian’s advice and try the holodeck. ::grins wryly:: Build the perfect man. No real feelings to hurt except my own.
- He’d known Tobian could recommend some pretty crazy things, but he’d also heard cases of people having addictions to holodecks. With a raised brow, he queried gently.::
Skyfire: Is that a good idea?
Rosek: ::grins wryly:: Probably not.
Skyfire: Take a moment to center yourself, then tell me whether you still think it’s a good one.
- Lael grimaced. She knew the answer. It didn’t take logic to figure that one out.::
Rosek: You're right. Bad idea. ::sighs:: Guess I'll need to pick up another hobby. Sleeping around isn't the way to fix this. I have to take advantage of this to change for the better.
Skyfire: Astronomy is always good. Botany? I could go on, darlin’...
Rosek: ::nods and murmurs:: I'm going to do it right this time.
- He nodded and smiled, having another sip of his coffee.::
Skyfire: I’ll offer suggestions when you need them.
Rosek: ::smiles:: Having you as my friend is enough.
- Chythar nodded again. She looked like she needed a hug.::
Skyfire: Would you like a healing hug?
- Lael smiled and nodded, unfolding from her protective posture.::
- Chythar had learned a long time ago never to underestimate the healing power of hugs. He’d used that line on his sister, Ris, several times in the...distant…? No, recent, past. He moved his chair over alongside Lael’s and reached an arm around her shoulders, embracing her in one of his healing hugs.::
- She sighed, her eyes closed as she propped her chin on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him.::
Skyfire: Feeling better?
Rosek: ::murmurs:: Much better. Thanks. ::pauses:: I’m sorry I snapped at you. I didn’t mean it.
Skyfire: I know.
- He held her close, letting her hang on as long as she needed to. Healing hugs were the best kind. Whether or not there was a small beagle present, healing hugs were his speciality.::
--- LtJG Lael Rosek HCO Officer USS Gorkon I238110RH0
Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire Chief Medical Officer USS Gorkon, NCC-82293 History Team Co-Facilitator Medical Duty Post Facilitator Dear Doc Columnist Podcast Script Writer O239002CS0 http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Chythar_Skyfire