SIM:Lael Rosek - I'm Sorry Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It Part I (Gorkon)
"Awake...Finally, Part II"
|Lieutenant Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
"I'm Sorry Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It, Part II"
OOC: Takes place after Lael’s “Awake...Finally Part II” OOC2: For CD in order: Family Reunion of Sorts > The Surgery > Awake...Finally > Now
((Recovery Room, Main Sickbay, USS Gorkon))
- Lael sighed as she finished the bowl of chicken broth that they’d brought in to her. Thankfully, she’d graduated fairly quickly from ice chips to liquids.::
- Chythar came into the room with a plate of salad for himself, taking a seat near her bed. He flashed a lopsided smile before making the first line of inquiry. ::
Skyfire: How’s you, lass?
- Lael couldn’t help but smile at the funny way he phrased the question.::
Rosek: Tired, but relieved. ::pauses:: Did I really--the night before the surgery, did I--?
- He tilted his head quizzically, arching a brow as he munched on his salad. He wasn’t sure what the rest of the question was, so couldn’t answer. ::
Rosek: ::blushes:: I’m not quite sure how to phrase it.
Skyfire: Well, ah cannae answer if yeh don’t ask the question.
Rosek: ::blush deepens and whispers:: Did I get drunk and do something stupid...say something stupid?
Skyfire: Aye. Surgery got pushed back as we let yeh sleep it off. :: He paused, taking another bite of his food. :: Ah told yeh you’d be fine, right?
- He left out the part where she died, but she probably noticed that her connection to Dassa was gone. Whether or not he had a mental bond with her like she had previously with Dassa he didn't know ::
Rosek: ::hesitantly:: What did I do?
- His brow quirked again in between bites, watching her silently as though to ask ‘you don’t remember?’ ::
Rosek: ::shakes her head:: Not all of it. ::blushes:: I must have been pretty messed up.
Skyfire: Got drunk and said you got laid, but that was as much as ah heard. Ah dinnae ken who else was involved, other than Dassa yellin’ at yeh for it.
Rosek: ::groans and buries her face in her hands:: Anjar. Damn it! Things between he and I were complicated enough without this happening.
- He kept his expression neutral and ate quietly as she sifted through the emotions. He also tried his hand at projecting calm, but due to her hybrid physiology he wasn’t sure it worked. ::
Rosek: ::pauses:: There’s more, isn’t there?
Skyfire: To the drunken stupor or to the surgery itself?
Rosek: ::blushes:: I said something terrible to you when I was drunk, didn’t I?
Skyfire: No. :: Again, he was a terrible liar, but then again he wasn’t directly involved in that conversation. With Dassa running damage control, he had sat in silence throughout most of that encounter. ::
Rosek: ::blushes:: Yes, I did. I accused you of abandoning me, didn’t I?
- He nodded faintly as he had another bite of leafy matter, chewing quietly on the lettuce and cucumber in his mouth. ::
- A lump formed in Lael’s throat.::
Rosek: ::whispers:: Chythar, I’m so--
- ‘Sorry’ just didn’t seem good enough. It sounded so weak and pathetic. How did somebody apologize for something like this? For hurting someone like this? Chythar had trusted her and she’d trodden all over that trust, possibly damaging it beyond repair. She grimaced. It was really becoming a bad habit for her...sabotaging the best relationships she’d ever had.::
- He said nothing, as though waiting for her to finish the sentence. The strength of the vinaigrette dressing on his salad as he continued to eat it was distracting as he attempted to formulate a response. ::
- Lael shook her head, at a loss for exactly what to say. Her head ached just thinking about everything that had happened that night, a grimace crossing her lips at the memory of what she’d been considering doing before she practically shoved him away at the dinner.::
- He finished the plate of caprese and set it aside, leaning forward to take her hands in his. ::
Skyfire: Ah understand. Ah’m still your friend, just don’t let it happen again. Aye?
Rosek: ::rasps:: No. No, it’s not even remotely okay. What I said… ::closes her eyes:: What I was thinking of doing. ::chokes:: If Alex knew, I’m certain he’d hate me.
- At the mention of Alex, it struck a nerve but he kept his face neutral. Everyone had those fantasies now and then. He recalled for a while that he was on the list of most eligible bachelors aboard the Gorkon. ::
Skyfire: Didn’t ken you felt that way…
- Her eyes flew open and she swallowed roughly.::
Rosek: You really don’t know how attractive you are, do you? How charming you are? ::grimaces and shakes her head:: Changing the subject. This isn’t a good path to start down.
- He was rather oblivious at times when it came to his own self-awareness. At the mention of the subject change, he nodded and let it rest. Since this was about her recovery, he let her choose the next topic. He kept his hands on hers, trying to reassure her they were still friends. ::
Rosek: ::murmurs:: I needed an outlet that night. For some reason, I thought that going to Anjar was a good idea. I’d put you and Dassa through enough as it was. ::grimaces:: Apparently, it was a terrible idea. ::pauses:: Something happened with the surgery, didn’t it? Something serious?
- He froze for a second as he tried to formulate words. It was one of the hardest questions to answer. Uncertain she wanted to hear it, he just nodded. ::
Rosek: ::grimaces:: I knew it was a risk, I suppose. But I drank anyway.
- Another nod accompanied his silence. ::
Rosek: ::runs her hands through her hair and sighs:: It’s all so surreal. It almost feels like a bad dream.
Skyfire: If it was a bad dream, ah wouldnae be called Lazarus for the second time in a month.
- She had heard the story behind his earning of the nickname. With Dassa’s spirituality, he had no doubt in his mind that she understood the biblical reference. ::
Rosek: ::mutters:: Just when one nightmare is over, another one starts.
A JP By
Lieutenant Lael Rosek Engineering Officer USS Gorkon I28110RH0
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire Chief Medical Officer USS Gorkon NCC-82293 O239002CS0