SIM:Lael Rosek - Awake Finally Part II (Gorkon)
"Awake...Finally, Part I"
|Lieutenant Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
"I'm Sorry Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It, Part I"
OOC: Takes place after Lael’s “Awake...Finally I” OOC2: Family Reunion of Sorts > The Surgery > Now
(( Sickbay, USS Gorkon )) (( Skyfire’s Office))
Skyfire: That’s more or less what Dassa said yesterday. Patience is a sterling virtue ah need to work on.
Kincade: ::smiles:: We all dae, lad.
- CD bit into the meat stick again, muscles starting to relax as shielding was gradually reset. He didn’t say anything in reply, once again because he had nothing to reply with. He felt something brush against his newly reset shields, but wasn’t able to figure it out. ::
- Elina opened her mouth to continue, but was interrupted when Dassa came crashing into the room, her eyes wide, struggling for breath.::
Alexander: ::breathless:: She’s waking up!
Skyfire: :: Relieved. :: Glad to hear it. We’ll be right behind you, lass. :: He glanced to Kincade. :: Unless there’s anything else yeh want to ask me first…?
Kincade: ::shakes her head:: Nae, lad. It can wait.
- Strange, but then again, Chythar didn’t know Elina very well either. Was it truly something that could wait or should he address it now? He stood up and followed Dassa, and on the way out of the office looked to the nurse. ::
Skyfire: Give us a few minutes to check her out and see if she’s up for additional company?
Kincade: ::nods:: Ah’ll join Becky out in th’ main area.
(( Rosek’s Recovery Room ))
- CD entered behind Dassa and smiled down at his friend, relaxing the shields just a bit. ::
Skyfire: How yeh feelin’ lass?
Rosek: ::groggily:: ::slurs:: Sore...and out of it. Wh’ the hell did you put in tha’ hypo, Dassa?
- Chythar arched an inquisitive brow at Dassa, the unspoken question on his face evident. It was the sort of look one gave when two team members didn’t communicate about a thing before going through with it. ::
Alexander: ::scowls:: Don’t you give me that look, Chythar Skyfire. You may be CMO on this boat, but I’m a doctor, too, and I know what I’m doing.
- She was right, and if nothing happened after a week he probably would’ve used a resuscitative hypo to wake her up or let her come out of it naturally. However, both decisions were ones he didn’t have to make, and he was grateful for that. ::
Alexander: ::to Lael:: It’s just pain meds, love. Trust me, you’ll be glad of it later.
Rosek: ::murmurs:: You’re the doctor.
Skyfire: :: taking her hand into his. :: We missed yeh, lass.
Rosek: ::smiles weakly:: Good to know. How long was I out?
Skyfire: Three days and some change.
Rosek: And the surgery?
Skyfire: So far, so good. Scans show no sign of rejection. :: As he finished the cursory scans with a satisfied nod, he added. :: Yeh have a fan club wanting tae say ‘allo.
- It was hard for the host to deny the few minutes he spent with Elina had caused parts of his normally subdued Irish brogue to become a bit more pronounced. ::
Alexander: ::teases:: Elina broke you, did she?
Skyfire: “Broke” how?
Rosek: ::smiles wanly:: Your accent. It’s stronger. Same thing happened to Dassa when Elina finally succeeded at teaching her Gaelic.
- The CMO gave a somewhat clueless shrug. His stress level had receded, but that didn’t mean he’d drop the accent just yet. Recently, he’d kept the Irish brogue on for effect, except for the Russian when he was speaking to Dassa earlier. At that point, two accents merged and indicated a higher stress level. ::
Skyfire: Eh. Comes an’ goes. Cannae say how long it’ll be b’for ah lose it.
Alexander: ::smiles wanly:: That’s good to hear. I know you were stressed earlier. Are you feeling any better?
- He nodded and took another breath, exhaling slowly before he responded. ::
Skyfire: Aye. Always makes me feel better to see patients wake up of their own volition. :: He paused and returned to the topic of her fan club. :: Becky and Elina want to see yeh, if yeh’re up for it.
Alexander: ::pauses:: Actually, I think Jansen might be here, too. I saw him out in Main Sickbay talking to Rebecca when I went out to tell her that Lael was awake.
- Lael’s heart missed a beat and tears threatened.::
Alexander: ::frowns:: Are you okay?
- CD glanced at the biobed readings to make sure she was, but said nothing. ::
Rosek: ::murmurs:: Fine. Just a bit emotional after the surgery I guess.
Alexander: ::nods:: We should probably allow one visitor at a time for the first 48 hours. Just so we don’t overstress you.
Skyfire: Good plan. Preference on who to admit first, Lael?
Rosek: ::shakes her head:: Whoever wants to, I suppose.
- Dassa nodded and hugged her friend gingerly.::
Alexander: ::murmurs:: I’m glad you’re okay, darling.
Skyfire: :: nodded in agreement and finally released his grip on her hand. :: Ah’m glad too.
- As they left the room, CD exhaled again and attempted to relax, reaching to his chest for the tags as his layers of protection reset themselves. ::
A JP By
LtJG Dassa Alexander, ChD, PD, PDS Medical Officer USS Gorkon I238110RH0
Lt. Lael Rosek HCO Officer USS Gorkon I238110RH0
Elina Kincade Civilian Nurse Earth
As simmed by Lael Rosek
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire Chief Medical Officer USS Gorkon, NCC-82293 O239002CS0 http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Chythar_Skyfire https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/User:Chythar_Daniel_Skyfire/Community_Activities