SIM:Lael Rosek - A Break From the Devastation Part I (Veritas)
"Resolving the Tension, Part II"
|Lieutenant Lael Rosek
USS Veritas NCC 95035
"A Break From the Devastation, Part II"
OOC: Takes place after the events of Lael’s “Intruders Contained” OOC2: Takes place after Chythar's "A Certain Resemblance"
(( Holodeck, USS Veritas -- Skyfire Beach ))
- The mission had been a real doozy. Chythar had been surrounded by wounded, dying, and dead. The last few nights, he’d been getting only a couple hours of sleep, and he was trying very hard not to go back on the sedatives. Now, he was at his beach, with Devlin on his lap, meditating again at the top of the jetty to purge the energies as he’d been taught. His attire was only a pair of simple black shorts and a hair tie, his black t-shirt next to the table. ::
- She’d learned his location from the computer. She’d managed to avoid more serious injuries, though her head still throbbed every so often. That fall in an attempt to avoid the cave-in had been a nasty one. She sighed as she entered, dressed in her black leggings, pink t-shirt, and white running shoes. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun. Spotting him at the top of the cliff, she began the climb.::
- He tensed a bit as he sensed her presence and relaxed once his shields were back in place. Chythar wasn’t wanting to subject her to the emotional baggage he’d been carrying around since the mission ended. ::
- Lael reached the top of the cliff, blushing when she saw his bare chest. She turned away to hide her embarrassment. It wasn’t that she hadn’t seen him like that before. She had. On at least a few occasions. But this was the first time that she’d seen it since her surgery and with the fallout from that causing tension between her and Alex, she felt somewhat uncomfortable with him only half-dressed. It was too tempting to admire his form, which would stir up feelings and bring to mind thoughts that she really shouldn’t be having about her best friend.::
Rosek: ::clears her throat:: That bad, huh?
- Due to the fact that Skyfire Beach was his retreat when he needed calm, he was a bit unprepared for the question. CD allowed himself to open his eyes and reached down to pet his canine friend. ::
Skyfire: Come again?
Rosek: ::murmurs:: The mission. The fact that you’re here and you’re hiding behind your shields. You haven’t done that since we were on the Za.
Skyfire: Um. :: He paused for a moment. She had a point, and it took him a moment to find his tongue in the explanation he wanted. :: Purging death energy has a way of doing that. Sorry.
- The canine got off his master’s lap and padded over to Lael, nuzzling her leg to say hello. ::
- Lael smiled, leaning down to scratch the canine behind the ears. Strange how attached she’d become to the pup. Most likely because he was a part of Chythar...a friend that Chythar cherished so much that it had killed him to be without the beagle while they were Over There.::
Rosek: ::murmurs:: Hey, Devlin. ::pulls a treat from her pocket and offers it to the canine::
- Devlin licked it up and began munching on it contentedly. Chythar motioned to the space across from him to offer her a seat. While he was out here, he tended to forget sometimes that there was a computer tracking his comm-badge. ::
Skyfire: You were lookin’ fer me, ah gather?
Rosek: ::shrugs:: Partially to check on you. ::pauses:: Partially just a feeling that you wouldn’t object to company.
Skyfire: Not that ah’m opposed...but...what about this recent mission caught your interest in my well-being?
Rosek: ::grins wryly:: You forget, Chythar, there aren’t any secrets between us.
- So he had. He’d been too busy dealing with the paperwork and the aftermath to remember they had bonded in the fashion she spoke of. He gave a sigh and Devlin returned to his master’s lap, still munching on the treat. ::
Skyfire: Okay. :: He paused and opened his eyes, looking at her and waiting for her to begin the conversation. ::
Rosek: ::blushes and murmurs:: I don’t want you to be uncomfortable or anything, but do you think you could put your shirt back on?
- He blinked at the nature of the request, but did as she asked. He still didn’t say anything. ::
Rosek: ::turns and exhales:: Thanks. Things may be better between Alex and I, but I’d still rather not test the limits of his benevolence. ::drops down beside him::
Skyfire: So...what’s up, doc?
Lieutenant Lael Rosek, Eng.D. Engineering Officer USS Veritas NCC-95035 Training Team/Podcast Team I238110RH0 https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Lael_Rosek
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire, MD Medical Officer USS Veritas NCC-95035 O239002CS0