“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
|Position||Special Operations Officer|
|Birthplace||Uz Sabahnuor Archipelago, Leya-I|
Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara, an Al-Leyan, is currently assigned to the USS Veritas as Special Operations Officer. She's previously served as Ship's Counselor and Intelligence Officer on several ships around the Fleet.
Growing up in a strict and conservative society, Rune always tried to conform and follow what had been determined to be her "Branch". However, as hard as she tried to fight it, she was still different. That difference was frowned upon by other Al-Leyans. When she was 16 she was forced to undergo "Attitude Readjustment Treatment," or so she thought that's what it was. Now, in Starfleet, she is faced with many challenges, one of which is breaking completely away from her people and their beliefs. Not an easy task when someone else has other plans for her life and will stop at nothing to get her to return home.
- Height: 167.64 cm (5'6")
- Weight: 61.235 kg (135 lbs)
- Hair Color: Blond
- Length of Hair: Medium length
- Eye Color: Amber in the Light - Silvery Blue in the Dark
- Skin Tone: lightly tanned
- Build: Athletic
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Rune has become fond of casual human fashion.... faded jeans and tank tops.
- Voice: Soft, lightly accented
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- A blazing sun on the back of her neck.
- A colorful phoenix on the back of her left shoulder.
- Birds in flight on and around her right ankle.
- Birthmarks, Scars :
- She has a 3" long scar on her stomach and 4 2" perpendicular scars on her left thigh, all from a childhood accident.
- 7 tiny, perfectly round 3mm scars evenly spaced down her spine, from the base of her skull to her lower back. (Result of modified Attitude Readjustment Therapy)
- Quarters: Rune's quarters are simply and minimally decorated in modest earth-tone colors, with standard-issue furniture. There's a simple Al-Leyan tapestry, a gift from her mentor, hanging on the wall and a few small sculptures and plants scattered about on the shelves. Lighting is kept at 50% and the environmental controls are adjusted to provide a more comfortable living environment.
- Habits/Mannerisms: Slight tilting of head when trying to understand something. Clenching of jaw when trying to hide anger or annoyance.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Follows religious, spiritual, cultural beliefs and laws of The Fallen Branch but has recently began to question her beliefs.
- Physical Limitations: As with all Al-Leyans, she has a poor sense of taste and smell. Her visual acuity is reduced in daylight/brighter conditions. Because the Al-Leyan homeworld has a denser atmosphere than that produced on StarFleet vessels, Rune requires steroid based medication to counter the symptoms of asthma she suffers from breathing the thinner atmosphere.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Hates closed in spaces when it relates to man made constructs. Ironically, she is fine when it comes to natural spaces such as caves.
- Temperament: Calm, outgoing and cheerful, yet quiet at times.
Ambitions and Goals
- Ambitions and Goals: To better understand the psychology of other humanoid species.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
- Achievements in Life:
- Being the first Al-Leyan Counselor to serve aboard a Starfleet ship.
- Being the first Al-Leyan to switch 'branches' in moving from Counselor to Intelligence. Although her specialty is still in psychiatry and behavioral science.
- Disappointments in Life:
- Never being able to return to her homeworld.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Rock climbing
Likes and Dislikes
- Very spicy foods... with limited taste, the spicier the better.
- Masala Chai tea (one of the few beverages she can taste)
- Being outdoors (nature).
- Being active (bores easily).
- Cruelty of any kind.
- Practical jokes - Rune fails to understand how anyone can find amusement in
someone else's discomfort or embarrassment.
- Being pushed.
- Not fond of Klingons due to old Al-Leyan feud.
- Replicated food... it has no taste.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: Krystyan Jolara - 3 yr old Son
- Carers:: Gatra Aneth, Nechaid Neic, Adir Lucr, Aronn Cener
- Mentors:: Dura Refa, Laro Susell
- Siblings:: Thayara Bethath, Kelsia Ratholth, Jendar Tellinn
- Father: Krya'l
- Mother: D'aomi Jolara
- Blood Siblings: Kestrial Domier (mother)
- Grandfather: Aleric Breanna
- Sister-in-law: Collim Denari
Nanny / Manny
Krystyan's Carer: Na’Toth, a Verillian, sent by Aleric to help protect and take care of Krystyan.
- 236311.18: Rune was born and immediately taken to the nearest Haemachuo center to be raised.
- 237312.05: At age 10, she met her biological mother and blood sister for the first time.
- 237907.29 - 237912.16: Underwent Attitude Readjustment at Sabahnuor Attitude Readjustment Center, Leya-I.
Being a conservative and practical race and as a result of only mating every few years, Al-Leyans do not value same sex pairings. They consider the purpose of the seasons and mating to be to produce offspring. For similar reasons contraception is prohibited. Al-Leyan females are brought up to believe that carrying children is natural and good, it is something to enjoy and look forward to. With babies being taken from parents at birth it could be said that having children has a minimal impact on the Al-Leyan mother’s life and branch progression.
If someone falls out of line and doesn't follow this or other laws or behavioral policies established in the Fallen Branch, efforts would be made by friends, family and advisors or mentors to make such a person see reason. If they refuse to mend their way of thinking then they would have to have attitude readjustment therapy (or reconditioning) to correct the problem.
And that's where Rune's problem comes in... she is attracted to women, not men. She's never acted on it but just having the attraction is a no no in Al-Leyan society. So when she first confided in her mentor, 10 years ago she underwent what was suppose to be attitude readjustment therapy. However, during an away mission, Strange Acquaintances she was exposed to a hallucinogenic compound which caused a break down of what was actually done to her. Through flashbacks and returning memories, she realized the therapy was far more than normal, though she has yet to discover everything that was done or the real reason why it was done to her.
Once her memories came back, she confronted her mentor who, in turn, demanded she return home to undergo the therapy again. Rune refused and cut off communication with her homeworld. The problem now is, she's terrified of the Al-Leyans Council will send someone for her and force her to have the therapy.
Pertinent Sims regarding Rune's "Attitude Readjustment Therapy"
- 238108.04 - 238308.16: Attended Medical School Majoring in Psychiatry, Leya-I
- 238308.30 - 238408.30: Clinical Residency at the Sabahnuor Medical Facility, Leya-I
- 238409.02 - 238507.31: Internship at the Sabahnuor Attitude Readjustment Center, Leya-I
|STARFLEET SERVICE RECORD
|AWARDS & COMMEMDATIONS
"May the sun shine upon you and warm winds carry you on your journey."
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History
- "Small Favor" LtCmdr T'Lea & Lt. Rune Jolara
- "Defying a Direct Order - Part 1" LtCmdr T'Lea & Lt. Rune Jolara
- "Defying a Direct Order - Part 2" LtCmdr T'Lea & Lt. Rune Jolara
- "A Connection - Part 1" LtCmdrs Raissa Moonsong & Rune Jolara
- "A Connection - Part 2" LtCmdrs Raissa Moonsong & Rune Jolara
- "A Friend in Need - Part 1" LtCmdrs Raissa Moonsong & Rune Jolara
- "A Friend in Need - Part 2" LtCmdrs Raissa Moonsong & Rune Jolara
- "Unexpected Offer" Lt. Cmdr. Collim Kieran & Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara USS Doyle
- "Unspoken" Ambassador Rune Jolara & Lt. Cmdr. Collim Kieran USS Apollo-A
- "Family" Ambassador Rune Jolara & Lt. Cmdr. Collim Kieran USS Apollo-A
- "A World Shattered" Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara
- "The Bajoran Way" Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara
- "Answers Can Hurt" Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara
- "Revenge" Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara