- Lael's mother, A 56 year old civilian merchant.
- Adelynn is an independent merchant who resides on Earth and also delivers cargo for clients. She's very materialistic, narcissistic, and controlling. She abhors anything that harms her reputation or embarrasses her and she has no patience for stupidity or ignorance. Because of her narcissistic nature, she thinks that she's always right and hates when people question her. Lael's relationship with her mother is extremely strained due to her mother's high, and at times, unreasonable expectations of her.
- Lael's father, a 59-year-old Al-Leyan Ambassador.
- Aldek is an Ambassdor on Luraul. Lael recently met her father and has discovered his side of the family has unexplained empathic abilities. Since their initial meeting, the two have grown close and enjoy a strong father-daughter relationship. He is very soft spoken and dotes on his daughter, providing a calming influence in Lael's life. He has been a rock through Lael's recent difficulties in re-adjusting to life in her home universe, including the break-up of her and Jansen's engagement as well as the development of her telepathic and empathic bond with Chythar Skyfire. Getting to know her father has given Lael a sense of self that she lacked prior to meeting him.
- Lael's twin brother, a 26 year old civilian doctor.
- Kellan is currently a pediatric doctor working at The Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Earth. He is typically very introverted and very private. Like his sister, he is very ambitious and resourceful with strong intuition and a mature outlook on life. The only person that he truly trusts is Lael, therefore he will open up to her more so than any others. Prior to her time Over There, he was her confidante. However, since returning, events have put a strain on their relationship. They aren't as close as they were before.
Spouse and Children
- A 38 year old Starfleet Medical Officer and barista of the Brew Continuum aboard the USS Chin'toka, Lael's husband.
- Chythar is currently a Starfleet Medical Officer and the barista of the Brew Continuum serving aboard the USS Chin'toka. They became close during the Anuus Horribilis mission aboard the Gorkon. Lael considers him to be one of closest confidantes and the two are best friends as well as lovers. As an extension of their friendship, the two began exploring an intimate relationship on stardate 239701.27. Nearly a year later on stardate 239701.16, Chythar proposed to Lael in the presence of colleagues and friends. They were married on stardate 2398.10.31 in the presence of family, colleagues, and friends. They are the parents of adopted daughter Madeline Skyfire.
- Maddy is a civilian child who currently resides on the USS Atlantis. Lael's friend, Abigail, died in the other 'verse, her will designating Lael as a secondary guardian should Abigail's mother be unable to perform her duties. Abigail's mother passed a few months after Lael's return from the other 'verse, leaving the young child in her care. Lael recently went through a custody battle with Maddy's biological father, Laman Zeram, and was forced via blackmail to give Maddy into her father's care.
- Recently given to her by her father, the creature's given name means "dreamer girl" in Esperanto. It shares the traits of the Terran Lykoi, but is much stronger and has better night vision and hearing.
Nieces and Nephews
- Lael's nephew, a 12 year old civilian boy.
- She met her nephew for the first time after her return from the other universe. She learned that her brother's ex-girlfriend, Ava Hunter, had concealed the pregnancy, only recently allowing Kellan into Liam's life after a chance run-in with him at the hospital where Kellan was completing his residency. Though she loves her nephew, she's still building a relationship with him. The fact that she spends most of her time away from him makes that difficult.
|Amelia (Tretts) Rosek, Age 87, Botanist on Alpha Centauri|
Despite Lael's close relationship with her maternal grandfather, she and Amelia didn't get along. She hasn't seen Amelia since being assigned to the Victory.
Maternal Aunts and Uncles
|Thomas DeMarcus, Age 67, Bar Owner|
Uncle (By Marriage)
Thomas is a retired bar owner on Earth. When she was younger, Lael would spend summers on her Uncle's farm helping with chores and caring for the animals. She and her Uncle are fairly close.
|Chloe DeMarcus, Age 29, Starfleet Officer|
Chloe is a Communications/Operations Officer serving aboard the USS Ticonderoga.
|Camile DeMarcus, Age 29, Starfleet Officer|
Camile is a Medical Officer serving aboard the USS Braveheart.
|Abigail DeMarcus, Age 31, Architect|
Abigail is an architect currently residing on Earth.
Paternal Aunts and Uncles
|Leeni (Desai) Obercrun|
|Mari (Jai'hi) Desai|
|Syri (Nahir) Obercrun|
|Caie (Pilak) Obercrun|
|Cora (Soje) Desai|
Desai Second Cousins
Lephi is currently Chief Engineer serving aboard the USS Chin'toka. The two met while serving aboard the USS Atlantis together. For a time, their relationship was purely professional. However, after working side by side, they have developed a bond of trust that has recently extended to off-duty. Lephi asked Lael to be the maid of honor for her wedding and Lael asked Lephi to be hers. Frank honesty and trust are the foundation of their friendship and Lael knows she can go to Lephi if she needs honest feedback and answers.
Toryn is currently serving as a security officer USS Atlantis. She got to know him after her father gave her his contact information, saying that Toryn was the son of one of his Haemachuo siblings and suggesting that he and Lael might get along well. After their brief first conversation, Lael found herself sorting through an unexplained, intense attraction to Toryn. Though the two had a brief period where they began exploring a non-platonic relationship, they eventually decided to just stay friends. Despite the hurt that lingers between them as a result of Lael ending their romantic association, they have begun to push past that and Lael considers him to be a trustworthy friend.
Anjar is currently a Starfleet Security Officer serving aboard the USS Chin'toka as a Warp Field Specialist. The two met while serving aboard the USS Gorkon together. Following Lael's break-up with Jansen, they had a series of intimate encounters, but are still friends.
Dassa is currently a Starfleet Medical Officer serving aboard the USS Veritas. The two met through Lael's friend, Elina Kincade, and had a one-night stand that resulted in a psionic bond. The two remain friends.
Elina is a former Starfleet officer who currently works as a private care nurse on Earth. Elina and Lael met during Lael's stay at Starfleet Medical for her spinal injury. Elina was Lael's supervising nurse. The two remain close friends to this day.
Jocelyn Marshall is currently the First Officer of the USS Gorkon. The two met while serving together aboard the Gorkon and bonded over their shared experiences in an alternate universe during the Gorkon's "Horrible Year". They quickly found they shared a sarcastic, witty sense of humor and Lael was surprised at how easy it was for the two of them to joke around together. Though their duties keep them busy, they are still in regular contact and remain close friends.
Mei'konda was the first officer of her assigned ship. Lael and Mei'konda met while serving aboard the USS Veritas. From the beginning, Mei'konda was a source of support for Lael, making her feel like a respected member of the Veritas crew. He was always open to discussing her future aboard the Veritas and provided an example of a good leader...one which Lael continues to learn from each day. With her change in roles serving as his first officer aboard the USS Montreal, the nature of their interactions has changed and she is much more comfortable joking with him. Despite their shared experiences and the trust that was built in their time as a command team, there is still a boundary between them due to his rank.
Elizabeth is currently the Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Chin'toka. The two met while serving together aboard the USS Chin'toka. Though the two had served together for a time, the real catalyst that began their friendship outside of duty was the situation on Eladar IV where the two along with Noa Levinson were taken hostage. Through this experience and fighting side by side against Caraadian forces attempting to invade the planet, the two have developed a growing respect and trust. She is to be the maid of honor for Elizabeth's wedding to Lephi.
|Noa T'Nessa Levinson|
Noa is currently the Chief Science Officer aboard the USS Chin'toka. The two met while serving together aboard the USS Chin'toka. Though the two had served together for a time, the real catalyst that began their friendship outside of duty was the situation on Eladar IV where the two along with Elizabeth Snow were taken hostage. Through this experience and fighting side by side against Caraadian forces attempting to invade the planet, the two have developed a growing respect and trust.
Former Lover, Friend
Orson "Bear" Marshall is currently serving as an Intelligence Officer aboard the USS Gorkon. The two met the night Lael got into a drunken bat'leth battle with a Klingon who had spilled her drink. She won the fight, impressing Bear. They flirted and began an on-off sexual relationship. What started out as no strings attached quickly became complicated when the two developed romantic feelings for one another, which neither of them was ready for. They struggled with their feelings for years before they finally ended the non-platonic component of their relationship. Despite the awkwardness, the two remain good friends, happy with other people.
Cory is a Helm/Comm/Ops officer aboard the USS Gorkon. The two met while serving under Captain Nugra aboard the USS Victory and became friends when Cory joined the self-defense sessions Lael was providing for Chythar Skyfire. The three spent off-duty time practicing together. Lael and Cory became good friends during their time serving together.
Alora is First Officer serving aboard Starbase 118 Ops. The two met while serving aboard the USS Za. She admired the woman's maturity and responsibility, particularly in the handling of the Hocktin incident.
Though her main relationship with him began with him as her counselor, she's gotten to know him and considers him to be trustworthy outside of his role as her counselor. She enjoys talking to him outside of duty and finds his company pleasant. The two have kept in touch since he took an LOA from Starfleet for personal reasons.
Lael and Evan Delano met while serving aboard the Veritas. She had been experiencing difficulties controlling her emotions and her abilities, so she went to him. He taught her meditation and other techniques that allowed her to begin coping with the extent of her abilities.
Rebecca is a former Starfleet Security/Tactial Officer who currently works as a martial arts instructor on Earth. Lael and Rebecca met through Elina. Though the two often disagree on certain issues, they're good friends nonetheless.
Alex is formerly served as First Officer aboard the USS Constitution. The two met through Lael's friend, Chythar, and enjoyed a close friendship until recent events caused a great deal of strain. However, when Alex was overcome by the Hocktin virus during a mission to the Hocktin homeworld, despite her own illness, she ensured he returned safely to the USS Za. She was saddened by his transfer to the USS Constitution, but was happy for the opportunities it provided him. However, the two haven't spoken much since his transfer.
Michael is a Starfleet Security/Tactial Officer who is currently on a temporary leave of absence. The two met on the Victory when Lael was trying to charm her way in to see Janel (who had gone AWOL and was confined to quarters when he returned). They became estranged following Abigail Young's death as he blamed her for it and the two haven't spoken since Lael was transferred to the USS Veritas.
Abigail was a Starfleet Nurse's Assistant who served aboard the USS Gorkon. The two met while serving aboard the USS Victory and subsequently served aboard the Gorkon together until Abigail's death during the Anuus Horribilis mission in 2393.
Aleya is a Starfleet Science Officer who is currently on a temporary leave of absence. The two met while serving aboard the USS Victory and subsequently became friends. They served together through the decommissioning of the USS Za. The two haven't spoken since Lael was transferred to the USS Veritas.
Though the two had worked aboard the USS Veritas together for a year, Lael hadn't interacted with Sky on a personal level until the other woman called Engineering requesting that someone fix the power issues in her quarters. The two talked and Lael invited Sky to hang out off-duty sometime.
Serala is the First Officer of the USS Chin'toka. Lael first encountered Serala at Captain Brell's promotion party in April of 2395, though the two didn't hold their first real conversation until Lael was assigned to the Atlantis years later as an Engineer. Though a certain level of tension still exists between them and Lael often isn't quite sure how to react to or approach Serala at times, the Romulan woman has earned Lael's respect and loyalty through Serala's professionalism and her dedication to her crew.
Engaged to Chythar Skyfire (See Spouse)
Former Romantic Interest
Lael met German after returning to the USS Veritas following the custody hearing when she visited the Officer's Lounge one evening. He approached her at the bar and began flirting with her. She has seen and interacted with him on several occasions, including when he walked into her holodeck program of Mackinac Island. However, the two have since ended their romance and haven't spoken since.
Jon and Lael first met when he walked in on her kicking the stuffing out of a punching bag. After a sparring match and some talking, Jon asked her out on a date. Lael formed an attachment to Jon surprisingly quickly. Though the two are still in the beginning stages of their relationship, they have taken the step of defining what exists between them and are now exclusively seeing one another.
Jansen is currently on a leave of absence from Starfleet. He previously served as a Counselor and a Medical Officer. The two met while serving aboard the USS Gorkon and friends after Lael visited Sickbay one night for something to help her sleep. Since then, they have continued to grow closer and enjoy one another's company. The two had a romance and were engaged at one point, but the engagement ended when Lael thought Jansen was breaking up with her.
Former Lover, Friend
Janel was a Medical Officer who served aboard the USS Gorkon and whose last assignment prior to his death was the USS Darwin-A. Lael and Janel developed feelings for one another while both were held captive and tortured by a Romulan organization, Sicarius, at Temlai. They dated for a period even after Janel was transferred, but mutually ended the relationship due to the distance.
|Alva Tigan, Age 34, Joined Trill Merchant|
Former Lover, Friend
Alva is a traveling merchant. Lael’s relationship with Alva was purely sexual and lasted for a period of six months until Alva's Joining.
|Ivina Genestra, Age 44, Scientist|
Former Lover, Friend
Ivina is a scientist who currently resides on Betazed. Despite their chemistry, Lael realized that she loved Ivina, but wasn’t in love with her. They’re now friends.
Nugra is not presently serving as a Starfleet officer and is instead representing the Gorn Space Navy aboard the USS Constitution-B. The two met while Lael was serving as an HCO officer aboard the USS Victory. Despite initially being somewhat intimidated by him, Lael came to highly respect him.
Ayiana is currently serving as Mission Specialist of the USS Gorkon. The two met while serving aboard the USS Gorkon. She always liked Sevo's no-nonsense attitude and, though the two didn't know one another extremely well when Lael left the Gorkon, Lael is fond of her.
Reynolds is a Starfleet Captain of the USS Gorkon. The two met while Lael was serving as an HCO officer aboard the Gorkon.
Alucard last served as a Protective Operations Officer aboard the USS Gorkon. The two met while serving aboard the USS Gorkon. One of the things she enjoyed most about Alucard was his quirky, yet sincere sense of humor. He often made her laugh.
Rhani is a Starfleet Captain. The two met while serving aboard the USS Za.
Rahman is a Starfleet Captain. Lael and Rahman met while serving aboard the USS Veritas. Lael has a high level of respect for Rahman and her command style. She considers the other woman to be a source of support both on a personal and professional level. Though the two don't participate in social activities outside of duty, Lael enjoys the woman's company. Because of the respect she has for Rahman, she sees the woman as a role model and someone to emulate.
Walker was Chief Engineer and Lael's direct supervisor. Lael and Walker met while serving aboard the USS Veritas. The two butted heads in Lael's early days, but the two grew to respect one another professional and, to a certain extent, on a personal level. They frequently joked with each other while on duty.
The two first met when they were serving together aboard the USS Veritas, but didn't interact much outside of duty until the USS Montreal. Lael opened up to Solok, seeking his professional opinion on handling difficulties with possibly returning depression and difficulty sleeping.
The two first met when serving together aboard the USS Montreal. She quickly grew to admire and respect the young officer's dedication to his duty and even supported the idea of his promotion to full Lieutenant when speaking with Mei'konda. Though their contact since she stepped down as the Astraeus's first officer has been limited, she still checks in on him every so often.