Lieutenant JG Mandany Rose is a counselor serving aboard the USS Excalibur-A.
- Full Name: Mandany Rose, but goes by Dany. Only her father calls her Mandany.
- Race: Vulcan/El-Aurian
- Age: 50
- Date of Birth: 233904.01
- Place of Birth: Vulcan Science Colony, Regnal 1
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: Somewhere between a T2 and a T3. She doesn't care for telepathy so she hasn't explored her own abilities.
- Height: 5’4” – Average height, but having grown up around tall Vulcans and other tall individuals on the Jen-Tuan she considers herself somewhat short.
- Weight: 120lbs
- Hair Color: Dark Blonde
- Length of Hair: Currently long, but has had it short and liked it for a change.
- Eye Color: Blue hazel—Dany likes her eyes, she thinks of them as physical illustration of her warring genetics. The brown for her Vulcan side and the blue for her El-Aurian half.
- Skin Tone: Pale with bronze/green undertones
- Scars: Is missing the tips of her ears and refuses to get reconstructive surgery so instead wears prosthetic ear tips or covers her ears with her hair. She’s relatively secret and touchy about the subject.
- Piercing: Has a nose piercing that she got when she was 15 because it annoyed her mother and it was her way of getting back at Ishani for taking her from Regnal One. Doesn't wear her nose ring while on duty.
- Father: Verok
- Mother: Ishani Rose
- Siblings: None
- Marital Status: Single
Dany considers the crew of the SS Jen-Tuan to be her family, especially a Bajoran they eventually named Terani who was two when they rescued her from the Occupation.
In more recent years, especially after arguing with her father and leaving Vulcan in 2381, she started to consider the crew of the SS Winding Down as family. Though she only felt really close to Jared Oliver and his sister Kelly. After what happened to the Jen-Tuan, Dany is hesitant to get close to too many people.
Dany tends to talk a lot when nervous or to fill awkward silence—awkward silence makes her nervous, thus begins the vicious circle. She enjoys supporting those around her, rather than requiring their support. She has no ambition currently to have her own ship as she doesn't feel that she is emotionally stable enough for such a task and because of the responsibility of it.
Clothes and Jewelry:
- She has little use for a lot of clothes or numerous possessions. She owns a couple of uniforms, teal collar of course, her dress uniform and a few changes of civilian clothing. She likes simple items that tend towards the El-Aurian aesthetic—with bright colors and some geometry. Most of what she owns in casual wear comes from her days living on freighters so it is functional and practical.
- Her favorite jacket she managed to save from when she was captured by the Dominion and considers it a treasure.
- Her other treasure is a necklace she made from the self-destruct key of the Jen-Tuan.
- The anonymity of being in a crowd.
- Enjoys rock climbing, especially when it gets her to an undiscovered ruin, cave, or place.
- Collects rocks, mostly because she can’t kill them—unlike plants and animals.
- Coffee, but only in the morning and only one cup. She finds it doesn’t work with her physiology.
- Likes watching a game of Tongo but hates playing it. She would rather play poker or other Terran card games.
- Has a good hand at crafting with metal and making art from scrap, but is a horrible engineer.
- People treating her like she is younger than she is.
Pets (of both flora and fauna variety):
Dany tends to kill any animal or plant that comes under her care. She has the blackest thumb imaginable. She currently has the care of a fish-tank in her office and an orchid given to her by her friend Eris Reyn, a Bajoran botanist and former chef on the Jen-Tuan.
|Father||A Vulcan Archaeologist who currently resides on Vulcan and maintains a lab cataloging and studying his most recent artifacts. His relationship with Dany is rocky, having had no contact for most of Dany's life until after the Dominion War when she came to him in bad shape. His views on adhering strictly to Vulcan logic drove Dany away again, but recently they've started to heal their relationship via long distance communications. Verok is Dany's only blood family she has left and she wants to honor that connection, but she feels her father is difficult on purpose.|
|Mother||An El-Aurian Archaeologist and Folklorist. Ishani spent most of her life collecting stories and studying paintings of ancient cultures. She met Verok on a dig. On the freighter, the SS Jen-Tuan, she was responsible for locating lucrative and exciting jobs, most involving some sort of treasure. Dany admired her mother for her outgoing spirit and her desire to learn everything she could about every culture. Initially, Dany hated her for taking her away from Regnal One, but soon forgave her and embraced the freedom she found aboard the freighter, much to her mother's delight. Ishani is currently missing, presumed dead.|
|Captain SS Winding Down||Jared Oliver is the captain of an Antares Class freighter called the SS Winding Down. They frequently run cargo for federation outposts and colonies. At the end of the Dominion War they went on numerous missions to rescue prisoners being held by the Cardassians and the Dominion, including Dany. When Dany joined their crew as counselor she grew close to Jared and his sister Kelly, considering them her second family-- her first being the crew of the SS Jen-Tuan. She still remains in frequent contact with the Down and its crew.|
Dany was born to the Vulcan Verok and an El-Aurian named Ishani Rose, both archaeologists on a small moon called Regnal One in the Vulcan Science Colony. During her childhood, Dany enjoyed traipsing after her father through the ruins or sitting by her mother’s knee as she recorded the stories painted on artifacts that they collected.
It wasn’t the ideal childhood, her mother and her father were at odds over her upbringing: specifically the question of whether or not Dany should be forced to embrace logic and control her emotions or if she should be allowed to roam free through the hot jungle much as Dany’s mother did on El-Auria during her own childhood.
Eventually the situation came to as close to blows as any situation could. In 2354 when Dany was 15 her mother took her away on the first non-Vulcan transport to visit the colony that year. Dany, despite all of Verok’s teaching, experienced extreme emotional distress over leaving her home and her father. The only other Vulcan on the transport, a traveling priest named Pashek, helped guide Dany enough to exert some form of suppression on her simmering emotions. When the ship docked at Starbase 24, Pashek persuaded the captain of the SS Jen-Tuan (a ship he frequently traveled with) to take Ishani on as a mission specialist.
Under the command of a stern Rigelian, Loso Aral, and her first officer, the Ferengi Gern, the Jen-Tuan ran cargo of all sorts with the hidden agenda of aiding the Bajorans during the Occupation. When they could they supplied weapons and food and medical supplies to the resistance; sometimes they managed to smuggle Bajorans out of the system.Between their “humanitarian” runs, the Jen-Tuan treasure hunted—using Ishani’s knowledge of archaeology and her collected knowledge of stories from across the galaxy, they managed to accumulate a sizable profit.
After the discovery of the wormhole, the Jen-Tuan began working with the Maquis. The crew was lost when they abandoned ship near the Badlands trying to avoid capture by the Cardassians and their Dominion allies. Dany did not manage to make it to an escape pod and was captured by Jem’hadar who took her into the Gamma Quadrant where she was kept, interrogated, and tortured for information about the Maquis, and then later for information about time and space because of her El-Aurien genetics.
In 2378 Dany was finally rescued by Captain Jared Oliver of the freighter the SS Winding Down from the prison where a rogue Cardassian agent was holding her and others because he was hell-bent on recreating the glories of the Obsidian Order. Jared managed to track down Dany’s father on Vulcan and returned his scarred, emotionally and telepathically unstable daughter to him. Together, Verok and Dany embarked on a two-year journey to try and repair her emotional damage.
Dany left Vulcan in 2381 when her father’s traditional philosophies and the unorthodox philosophies of Dany’s mentor Pashek clashed and reopened the rift between them. Still unable to quench her emotions she rejoined the Winding Down as ship’s counselor.
She used their resources to try and find out what happened to her mother and the rest of the Jen-Tuan’s crew who were listed as missing, presumed dead by authorities when no sign of them surfaced. Her sole purpose in life became to find out what had happened to her family.
In 2385 she joined Starfleet at the recommendations of both Jared Oliver and her father, with whom she still has a rocky, yet healing relationship.
In 2389 Dany passed her classes with average marks, mostly due to disagreements over the nature of counseling between herself and her professors. She traveled to Starbase 118 for her cadet cruise and was subsequently assigned to the crew as a counselor on 238911.28.
After a brief stay on the Starbase, Dany was recalled to Earth to give testimony against two classmates involved in cheating on exams. After an unpleasant week in the company of her archenemy, an Andorian named Y’shras, Dany returned to Starbase 118 as an ensign and with the hope of providing support (to the best of her abilities) for the crew.
Shortly after her arrival on the Starbase, she learned more about the a devastating plague hitting a Romulan planet. Surrounded by the Romulan fleet, many of the crew on SB118 (Dany included) were transferred to the new Vesta class starship, the USS Excalibur. Undaunted by this change of pace, Dany reveled being on a ship again.
With the smaller number of crew her job as the sense of being less overbearing, but as events in Romulan space continue forward, the crew will no doubt be forced to rise to greater heights than they were before. Coupled with a resurgence of demons from her past, Dany is unsure of what the future holds and is suddenly questioning her ability to be able to perform her job and keep spirits high.
Mission: Cash on Delivery
Cash on Delivery Officer's Log
- The freighter Astrolabe came to Starbase 118 for repairs. Dany, basically fresh off the boat from Starfleet, was thrown into a mess of a counseling session with Captain Walker and later in the same day found herself in the middle of an attempted mutiny by the first officer of the Astrolabe. With the rest of the senior staff making haste to find a missing vat of Vitali 7, Dany visited Captain Mimgar, of the Astrolabe, for discussion as to his motives.
Mission: Pythia's Tale
- Mission Currently in Progress!
Awards & Service Ribbons
- Currently None.
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
|First Officer||Dany has only counseled Captain Walker once and it was, bluntly, a disaster. Thankfully the explosion on the Astrolabe called him away before she could make more of a fool of herself during the session. She finds him illogical and frustrating and that first impression has formed a picture of him in her mind that has clung to her during her time on Starbase 118. Dany knows she needs to schedule further counseling but would rather not. The whole situation, her textbook answers, her illogical emotions towards Walker himself, puts her on edge. She knows its not his fault, but... it is. Just don't tell him that.|
|Fellow Counselor||Though Dany would have liked to find the counseling suite by herself, Ens. Chibitsu tagged along and they began their journey to Tower Seven together. They found a dump. Undaunted they began cleaning and later Chibitsu allowed Dany to take their first counseling session with Captain Walker. In hindsight Dany would have preferred to draw the short straw and given that honor to her fellow counselor. She is a bit wary of him as he is also part Vulcan and she is unsure of what his ideals about that culture are.|
|Medical Officer||Ensign Skyfire, or Doctor Skyfire (Dany is never sure what exactly the proper form of address is.) was the doctor who performed her initial examination upon arriving on Starbase 118 for the second time. He improperly assumed she was a workaholic, which she let slide. During their first counseling session she discovered he speaks/writes in cyphers when he is nervous or under stress. Their relationship is currently amiable and both being new Starfleet Ensigns have that in common.|
- 233904.01: Dany is born on the Vulcan colony.
- 2354: She and her mother join the crew of the SS Jen-Tuan.
- 2354-2369: The Jen-Tuan secretly aids the Bajorans during the Occupation.
- 2370-2374: Aid the Maquis against the Cardassians.
- 2373: The Maquis are destroyed by the Dominion.
- 2374: Dany is captured by the Cardassians with help of the Jem’Hadar.
- 2378: Jared Oliver rescues Dany from the prison where she is being held by Gul Marett.
- 2378-2381: Stays on Vulcan with her father to try an heal her emotional damage.
- 2381: Joins the crew of the SS Winding Down under Jared Oliver as counselor.
- 2385: Joins Starfleet.
- 238911: Cadet Cruise
- 238911.28: Joins the crew of Starbase 118 as counselor.
- 239008.04: Transferred to USS Excalibur NCC 41903-A.
- 239008.15: Promoted to Lieutenant, Junior Grade by Fleet Captain Kali Nicholotti.
- Ensign Rose and Ensign Chibitsu finally find their way to their offices.
- On her way to help with the Astrolabe crisis, Ensign Rose runs into a long dead friend.
|NPC Listing · USS Excalibur-A Crew Manifest · Crew History