- Full Name: Ovidia Roscia
- Current Rank: petty officer 3rd class
- Race: Magna Roman
- Date of Birth: 238110.12
- Place of Birth: Capital City
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight:160 lb
- Hair Color red
- Eye Color dark blue
- Quarters: anywhere she is home. Still would like to return back to homeworld some day.
- Habits: strong personality, confident of himself and her talents to a point
- Mannerisms:likes to snap her fingers sometimes. and talk with her hands when getting bit excited.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion believes in the one true god.
- Hobbies and Pastimes : Sword play with the standard short sword which she owns a few.
- Likes: good food and ale
- Dislikes: those with out honor
- Ambitions and Goals: To service with honor in the Federation and complete her families commitment to the Federation
- Achievements in Life: likes a good assignment and the rewards associated with it.
- Disappointments in Life: None, takes each day as it comes.
- Temperament: bold, quick thinking, and loves a good scrap from time to time.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):had a tendency to rearrange things or objects in logical patterns. Dislikes disorder.
- Concerns : She will not measure up to the high standard of her family. It is underlying concern.
- Physical Limitations: none. She has very good athletic skills, outstanding endurance and a superior eye to hand coordination.
- Children: None
- Father: Decimus Ovidius Caecus
- Mother: Ovidia Crispina
- Siblings:: Appius Ovidius Regulus(Brother)
She was born on the home world of Magna Roma to her parents. Her father was at one time a senator, and is still an important personality in politics behind the curtains. Her brother thought to join the Senate at some point decided on his own path and did not join the military which is a perquisite to be in the imperial Senate. The honor thus fell to Ovida and at the age of 9 started her training to join the ranks of the Federation Marine Corp. She was a gifted athletic and excelled at martial arts. She was given a tutor and was put on a rigorous course of physical endurance and education to uphold the family name.
There were three phases to a proper Roman education, primary instruction, reading of literature (called grammar by the Romans) and formal schooling in rhetoric. Rhetoric was considered the most important art that the young could acquire, except if the family came from a military tradition. In this case, it was important to teach the child the arts of war, swordsmanship, hand - to - hand combat, and about life in an army camp. Athletic training in these cases was often harsh, she had to endure cold and hunger in order to teach him to survive while on campaign. At the age of 19 and her training completed she applied to the Federation Marine Corp and she was accepted.
She has already started on extension courses in the classical arts that will serve her once she returns to take her family place in the Roman senate. However that will not be for a while, she must complete 10 years of active military service first.
With the demise of the marine detachment, she was transferred over to starfleet as a third class crewman in the Security and Tactical department.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History