Rigel V is the fifth planet of the Rigel system, and is part of the Rigelian Assembly. Today, it is inhabited by the vulcanoid Rigelians.
- Distance from Star: Orbit is approximately 54 million km
- Moons: 2
- Diameter: 15,600km
- Gravity: 1.2 standard gravity
- Axial Tilt: 13.7%, with normal terran seasonal changes
- Orbital Period: 389 days
- Rotational Period: 28 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 51%
- Atmosphere: 0.99% is a standard pressure with 74% nitrogen, 24% oxygen, 2% trace chemicals
- Climate: Mainly a temperate planet
- Terrain: It has a few mountain ranges, with rocky foothills, small deserts and forested hills.
- Population: Just over 13 billion
Rigel V has been the subject of numerous topics of alien rights activists due to it's being the true homeworld of the Kalar, a hard-working but volatile race whom were forcefully removed from the planet and relocated to Rigel VII by the Rigelians (once known as the V'gelnian), with the assistance of the Orions, after a century of fighting between the two factions.
Today, the Kalar still reside on Rigel VII, bitter towards the Rigelian Assembly, and Rigel V acts as the proud capital of the Rigelian faction, all but ignorant towards the actions of the V'gelnian that took place centuries ago.
Points of interest
- City of Erdinus
- Federation Academy of Science