Loran "Peachies" Reven in his
Cadet First Class Loran "Peachies" Reven was a senior cadet at Starfleet Command School. Directly past his final exam he was negotiating Academy Commandants for a posting under CO crazy enough to have him.
The commanding officer of the USS Indria-A accepted the cadet without reservation as a member of her crew. He was assigned as Assistant Helm/Comm/Ops Officer under the chief of Helm/Comm/Ops without restriction. Possibly to Commander Cura Assanti's regret (or delight).
Several people at Starfleet Academy have reported seeing freshly appointed Ensign Reven react to the news with a loud 'Huzzah' followed by burying his head in a bucket of popcorn while watching a garbage old movie titled 'Invaders from Mars. Revenge of the Lobster'.
- Full Name: Loran Reven
- Nick Name: Peachies
- Race: Trill, unjoined
- Date of Birth: 235907.11
- Place of Birth: Trill Homeworld
- Age: 26
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: E-1/T0 - Extra Sensory Perception (See Telepathic/Empathic Scale). From time to time Loran has sort of sixth sense perceptions. It mostly let him get away from real trouble in the Academy. He's never considered the nature of this gift.
- Height: 6'0
- Weight: 177 lbs
- Hair Color: Light Blonde
- Length of Hair: medium short, strands falling on forehead often
- Eye Color: Green
- Skin Tone: Creamy Peach
- Birthmarks, Scars: Smooth like baby's backside, occasional mosquito bites.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Unscathed natural perfection.
- Build: Reasonably tall, reasonably slim, reasonably athletic. All within reason.
- Face: Long, slim, handsome.
- Eyes: Moderate size, middle set, thin blonde brows
- Mouth: narrow, straight
- Arms: long, slim, moderately athletic
- Legs: long, slender
- Carriage: Walks straight and with purpose, but casuality
- Poses: Hands mostly folded behind back to prevent heavy gesticulation. Bobs chest and head forward when talking with attractive female.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Hawaiian shirts, Bermuda shorts, loosely fitting linen pants, T-shirts, vests, mostly bright colors including shades of red, white, green, yellow and blue
- Shoes: sneakers, even to uniform if possible; sandals
- Voice: warm, soft, middle pitched, strong, overally nice to the ear
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Messy, scattered clothes and half-eaten food, movie posters, flashy bed linens.
- Favorite Room: Holodeck
- Peachies is known for all around dry wit.
- Also invents and uses all sorts of his own devised words and sentences, most commonly:
- "Peachies" - great, fabulous, wonderful. Frequent use has changed this saying into a nickname.
- "Sacred bambolinos", "Great Jambalayas" - multipurpose exclamations.
- Physical Limitations: Can't lick his elbows; can bob his ears only circa one fourth of an inch; can't tie his hair in ponytail; only single flips (zero in EVA suit); 50 pushups in a row (claims double).
- Temperament: Easygoing, overconfident, overly humorous, lazy, flirt, childish, charismatic, adventurous, reckless, mostly friendly.
- Habits: Can't spend one day without flirting, doesn't miss a chance for practical joking.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Diehard atheist
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Holo playwriting
- Motor racing
- Starship design and refit
- Extreme sports (parachuting, bungee jumping, Klingon golf)
- Holodeck recreation
- Playing guitar -- most notably rock hits
- Practical joking
- Shooting range
Likes and Dislikes
- Beautiful Women
- Fast motorbikes and starships
- Fine jokes
- Ugly Women
- Hard work
- People without sense of humor
- Plomeek soup
Ambitions and Goals:
- Run his own starship -- since Loran decided to run for Starfleet officer program in 2378, he believed commanding his own vessel would provide means to do as he pleases and be a great magnet for the lasses.
- Be the best helmsman and racer in at least dozen sectors -- Peachies takes great pride in his ability to pilot any vessel as well as being demon of speed, ship and motorwise.
- Have fun
- Try not to get caught in the process
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
- Graduating Starfleet Academy -- quite a feat considering Loran's little interest in academic pursuit, laziness, cheats, exploitation of others work, run-ins with almost every instructor and administrator and two accidents of near expel (Loran claims his innocence in second case).
- Winner of 100th Starfleet Academy Marathon of May 2nd 2382, planet Ranbos III -- a prestige he owes equally to physical stamina and personal cunning (in the hour before start he has poisoned strongest competitors with laxatives, a deed never unfolded).
- Numerous girly conquests of which true gentleman never speaks of (and Loran never speaks about in company of women).
- A holoplay titled USS Voyager - The Truth Revealed.
Peachies never regretted a single act in his life, regardless consequences.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None that he knows of
- Mother: Enzia Reven, born 233205.27 on Trill Homeworld. Enzia is the last descendant of centuries long dynasty of food processing enterpreneurs, the Grans. Raised as only heir in a wealthy family she has received substantial economic education. She is currently the owner of over 100 food processing facilities spread out around Trill home planet and several successful subsidiaries around Federation space. She is aristocrat of sorts, part of creme de la creme in Trill society and substantial charity donor. Her collection of multicultural art is considered one of the best in galaxy. She was the main force after employment of Loran inside family industry administrative branch. After Loran's getaway she's cut all ties with him.
- Father: Rogan Reven, born 233811.03 on civilian freighter Lak'mata. Rogan's parents were captain of the mentioned freighter and his navigator. Following Rogan's birth he and his mother left Lak'Mata and came to live with her mother. Rogan was a very disturbing child, forced to work hard for his living because of relative adversity. His drive for success led him initially into the symbiont program, but he was eliminated. Now struggling to find a living among Trill society, Rogan employed himself with the Grans food processing industry as a common worker. Soon for his hard work and efficience he was promoted. After about a year he met Enzia Gran and soon, being a handsome and charming male, married her. It was a mutual loving that gradually melted Enzia's parents reservations. After the marriage Rogan was given a managerial post in Grans industries and from there moved up to the position of CEO he holds to this day. Rogan is very fond of Loran and, in contrast to his wife, tries to keep in touch with only son.
- Siblings: None
Loran spent his early days in various parts of Trill capital city, albeit often he was caught by authorities in distant parts of the planet, squatting, hitchhiking, stealing fruit from private property, gallivanting and so on. Never caring for long, arduous studies in any subject, he preferred going exploring, playing pranks and flirting with girls, which made a very negative impact on his school grades. Not once has he embraced the idea of joining with a symbiote, explaining that spending years in training to get one is a waste of time and the whole idea of having something put in your stomach doesn’t appeal to him. He’s to cool for that anyhow.
Parents wanted to squeeze him, their only child, into the family business in food processing, but he found that dull, so he ran away and after some peripeties, joined Starfleet to avoid arrest for “disturbing peace”. First he wanted to enlist, finding long term in Academy a dread, but then decided to suffer through, knowing it’s the only way to get a starship under his own command – a great opportunity to do as he please, and impress the lasses. He barely scratched the minimum for approval and cheated at that, but was never caught.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238509.10
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Indria-A
- Duty Post: Assistant Helm/Comm/Ops Officer
Awards & Commendations
- 100th Starfleet Academy Marathon Winner Certificate - dated 2nd of May 2382, planet Ranbos III
StarFleet Assessments and Records
'Imminent disaster! Insubordinate, arrogant, in immediate need of disciplinary action. Never in my career as Academy instructor have I met more lousy cadet. Potential threat to the safety of command, crew and operations. Keep under constant watch and control. Do not allow independent action. Whoever gets him, has my prayers.' -- Admiral Pierre La Salle, Academy Mentor.
'Brilliant and innovative tactician. His unorthodox questions and methods brought strong impression on whole compliment of command instructors. Loved by some, hated by others, Cadet Reven is an illustrious individual. This boy got's either most illustrious or worstly hideous destiny to fulfill. Take good care of him.' -- Commander Julius Aaron Tinkerbell, Command School Senior Instructor.
'Peachies? I'll miss his parties.' -- Starfleet Academy Commandant.
- 237804.01: Entered Starfleet Academy.
- 238205.02: Won Starfleet Academy Marathon.
- 238206.22: Completed basic training, HCO Major, Ops Minor.
- 238207.05: Entered Starfleet Command School.
- 238408.29: Graduated Starfleet Command School, entered cadet cruise with USS Centris-A.
- 238509.10: Graduated Starfleet Academy.
- 238509.17: Joined USS Indria-A as Helm Officer.
Detail the area that your character works in, including their personal office. Is it neat, or messy? Large, or small? etc.
- "Chief Petty Criminal Wannabe" Crewman 3rd Class Dorkin Dumbash -- a misfitted smalltime crook wannabe with the IQ of wingless fly, occasionally used by Peachies for incredulously small tasks in the low profile activities. (TBA)
- Indria Files:
[Everybody Karaoke!] - first IC appearance of the Helmsman's Song!
[Grand Master and Apprentice] - first IC appearance of "Chief Petty Criminal Wannabe" Dorkin Dumbash.
[Ensignish Humor] - Loran's Biggest Mistake No.1.