Anyone can submit a mission for the Resolution to embark on, and we encourage you to do so! All of our missions have been submitted by someone on the crew, ranging from an Ensign to a Captain and all have a chance of making it onto the schedule.
Have an idea for the Resolution's next mission?
Please use this form to submit any and all mission proposals! Be sure to include responses to all three sections, but do not feel required to go into great detail; this should be a relatively short initial proposal. Please send to both the Captain and First Officer.
- Preferably a short descriptive paragraph or two, in a style similar to what you might see on the back of a DVD. This should set up the mission, but should avoid prescribing any plot beyond what's required to set events in motion.
- Every mission needs to pose questions that the crew can work to resolve. What are the initial questions of this one?
- What kind of genre (action-adventure, thriller, etc) do you foresee this mission fitting into? What kind of themes does it lend itself to exploring? Is there an over-arching mood(s) -- i.e., horror, wonder, absurd?
As an example, consider this proposal (as written by Emma aka Quinn Reynolds).
- The Resolution sets out on a routine planetary survey mission. On arrival, they discover that the planet is actually host to a long-lost Federation colony, now in the grip of a vicious civil war that has spanned generations. While in orbit, the crew begin to succumb to strange waking dreams that loosen their grip on reality.
- Are these two situations somehow related? What - or who - is causing the strange dreams? What started the war, and/or can it be ended?
- Mystery and suspense, maybe thriller. What price war? How do we perceive reality? Grim discovery (of self and the world), foreboding, fear.
We know submitting a mission can be challenging, and has some daunting aspects, so we've added some frequently asked questions below.
- How long until my mission makes it onto the schedule?
- 'It depends' is the best answer we can give. The staff works hard to balance the schedule between different types of missions, ranging from purely scientific and exploration to 'pew pew' missions with lots af action and shooting. To that end your submission might be the next mission on the schedule, or it might take a little time to come up in the roster.
- How detailed does my misson plan need to be?
- No very. There are things the staff looks for in a plan, but they will work with you to find out the questions to those answers if they need them after they get the submission.
- What types of missions work best?
- Missions that involve the entire crew tend to work best and get on the scheduled more easily as they are more fun and can be more easily scheduled.