“Ignis usque ad consummationem saeculi (Fire until the End)”
Regan Wilde is currently the leader/pilot of a rag-tag team of misfits who call themselves The Defenders of the Galaxy.
Popular and friendly, though somewhat vain and narcissistic, Regan Wilde lives life to the full. Coming from a life of privilege tempered with battles with alcohol and personal demons, Regan explores the galaxy on his own terms after taking an extended leave of absence from Starfleet.
- Full Name: Regan Parker Alexander Wilde
- Gender: Male
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: Stardate 237002.14
- Place of Birth: London, England
- Languages Spoken:
- Federation Standard (Fluent)
- Klingon (Conversational)
- Currently learning Gorn. ("It's a conversation starter, at least")
- Sexuality: Homosexual/Xeno-homosexual
- Height: 6' 2"
- Weight: 12 stone
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Hair style: Styled
- Facial Hair: Full Stubble
- Eye Color: Green
- Distinguishing Marks/Scars: None visible.
- Build: Lean swimmers build
- Carriage/Gait: Walks with a confident swagger
- Mannerisms: Mostly masculine, sometimes feminine when excited or happy
- Taste in Clothing (When off Duty): Earth trendy
- Accent: British
- Handedness: Left
- Temperament: Friendly and approachable, but somewhat vain and narcissistic.
- Religion: Though not religious, he believes in the Klingon Code of Honour.
Regan Wilde is a loud and proud character. Friendly and popular among his crew mates, he thrives on the social aspects of life in Starfleet. He is a confident, hands-on character who will help anyone in need and is fiercely loyal to his friends. He had a reputation of being a typical Fly Boy at the academy since he excelled in piloting, as well as advanced tactical classes and was considered one of the best pilots of the Class of '97. He came top of the class in advanced tactical piloting and considers flying his first love and one of the only things he's truly good at.
His mannerisms mix from being masculine when he's on duty in security - or in a red alert situation - to very slightly feminine when he's in a good mood or gossiping on the bridge when there's nothing else going on. He's very forthright and flirty with other men, regardless of rank. Though he takes his duties seriously, he has a naturally boyish personality, and has been described by others as having the personal behaviour of a teenager. He is also somewhat vain and narcissistic, and enjoys talking about himself.
Regan is very much open about his sexuality, and was considered to be quite promiscuous in his early life and at the academy. He's usually very flirty with people and tends to wear his heart on his sleeve, as well as capitalize on his looks. He's overly-confident in himself to chat up potential dates, but his vanity and narcissism gets him rather annoyed if they don't immediately find him irresistible. Despite his open personality he has never had a serious relationship of more than a few weeks in his life.
Though the economics of the 24th century and of the Federation place no value in financial gain or assets, money is still used in the form of gold-pressed latinum. The Wilde family come from ancient English peerage and 'old money' and are as Regan describes it, "disgustingly rich". The family business, Wilde Industries, manufactures computer isolinear chips, memory cores and engine parts for Starfleet and other Federation worlds privately. He is frequently generous with his wealth and won't hesitate splashing out on extravagant gifts for friends. His only vice is that he still buys expensive clothes for himself, and once claimed that he put his favourite Bolian tailors children through college with the amount of clothing he bought.
- Battle with Alcoholism
A mixture of reasons led to Regan drinking in his second year at the academy. Pressure from study, combined with issues regarding his own self-worth took their toll on him. Also, the recent fame and spotlight brought to him for winning the Face of Betazed contest led to a party lifestyle which he found he couldn't escape from. He took to drinking to try and deal with his problems. His studies began to suffer, and by the first semester of his third year it developed into a serious problem as he began drinking daily - and in secret - to the point where he depended on the alcohol to get him through the day. After being expelled from the academy he wound up on the planet Lakata as a refugee. Lakata is a rough and mostly lawless planet governed with little interest by the Ferengi Alliance, but mostly by criminal gangs. It was revealed in A Scouring of Stars that he was frequently brutalized by the street gangs, and the Ferengi Governor of Lakata held Regan to ransom. His family privately paid 2,000 bars of gold-pressed latinum to get him back. Afterwards his father sent him to a special recovery clinic on Vulcan, and he has been clean and sober since 2392.
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Physical exercise. He likes running (and set up a parkour routine from Deck 2 - 7 of the Arrow), swimming, and he trains in Klingon mok'bara.
- He is a beginner in Vulcan meditation.
- Karaoke, thanks to Quentin Collins. Regan will sing at the drop of a hat. It is yet to be confirmed whether he is actually any good or not.
- He runs a successful Social Media account called Wilde Style. Despite it having tons of followers he gets annoyed that whenever he mentions it, no one on the Arrow seemingly reads it. "Do you even read my blog!?"
- Baking. Despite being next to useless in a kitchen, he's surprisingly good at baking!
- Likes & Dislikes:
- Tribbles - He finds them ridiculously cute.
- Klingon Culture - He is a self-confessed Klingophile, and loves everything Klingon.
- Music. His favourite band is the Trill new wave synth-pop group, Spotsy Music. He and Roxy enjoy attending The Fedevision Song Contest.
- Spending latinum, especially on clothes.
- Pulling rank and being overly formal.
- The nickname "Mr. Wilde". He hates being called it.
- Favourite Food:
- He has a mildly unhealthy obsession with cake.
- Favourite Drinks:
- Raktajino - double sweet.
- The 'Row Code - coined by Regan and Maria Alvarez - is a solemn and unbreakable set of rules of friendship on the Arrow. The rules are as such:
- Rule 1: Misfits Rule!
- Rule 2: No Man Left Behind
- Rule 3: Never Refuse the Job of Wingman
- Rule 4: What Happens on Risa, Stays on Risa
- Rule 5: Anything Goes in Paintball Assassin
- Rule 6: Cake Heals All Wounds
The Wilde Family Estate
The Wilde Estate consists of the stately residence Harlesden Lacey - commonly referred to as Wilde Manor - and is located on the outskirts of London, England. The house sits on a 1,400 acre estate built in 1824 and houses stables, tennis courts, a swimming pool and a lodge. It has been the ancestral home of the Wilde's since that time and the personal history of the Wilde family tells of an Earldom, though the title is essentially meaningless in the 24th century. Sidney Wilde - CEO of Wilde Industries - and his wife Joanna are current owners of the house, though most of the extensive Wilde family have lived here. Regan spent all of his childhood and most of his adult life living here. Sidney Wilde also has a spacious beach house on the planet Risa.
The Wilde Family Tree
Capt. Marcus Wilde
Father, Starfleet Security Regional Commander
Mother, Crime Holonovelist
Sister, SFCoE R&D Engineer
Cousin, Starfleet Intelligence Training Officer
- Marital Status: Single, though technically engaged to T'Wrath (At least under Klingon Law).
- Ex-Partner: Nicholas Rehme
- Children: None
- Pet: He has a pet Tribble - Trevor. Regan plans to get membership to The Tribble Fanciers Association soon, and hopefully one day enter the prestigious Tribble showing competition, 'Furs'.
- 237002.14 - Born in London, England on The Wilde Estate.
- 2374 - Marcus Wilde leaves the family for San Francisco.
- 2384 - Discovers his love of piloting at 14 when he "borrows" his Uncle Sidney's private shuttle - The Patriot - and successfully lands it with no formal training.
- 2386 - At age 16 he finishes Secondary School.
- 2387 - At age 17 lives on Qo'noS; physical training and learning about his family bond with the Noble House of Meltak.
- 2388 - At age 18, Regan leaves Qo'noS for Betazed to be a model. Signs with a top agency in Rixx.
- 2389 - After a year on Betazed, decides to join Starfleet Academy with his sister.
- 2390 - Still studying, he wins the coveted Face of Betazed modelling contest.
- 2391 - Develops alcohol addiction while in his third year at the Academy. Is expelled in his first term. He leaves Earth on a refugee ship.
- 2392 - After being lost for many months, he is found on the Ferengi planet Lakata. He is ransomed back to his family by the Ferengi governor. Sent to Vulcan for rehab by his father.
- 2393 - After his father pulls some strings, he re-enters Starfleet Academy clean and sober.
- 2396 - Applies for test pilot position at Utopia Planitia. He is rejected for the position with no explanation.
- 2397 - Graduates the Academy and is posted to the USS Arrow.
- Developed a serious alcohol addiction from 2390 - 2392.
- Scared of heights.
- Peter Pan Syndrome. He has been described by many as the teenager who never grew up.
- He uses bravado to mask his own self-doubt.
- Despite being certified as a 'hot-shot' in his marksmanship scores, he doesn't like firing phasers.
- Personal Achievements:
- Graduating the Academy after two tries.
- Being considered one of the best pilots in the graduating class of 2397.
- His 5 years sober award.
- Personal Disappointments:
- His battle with alcohol.
- His initial wash-out of the Academy.
- Losing an eye to Eru Ghant.
Commanding Officer, USS Arrow
Regan's Captain on the Arrow. A private and somewhat serious man, Regan feels he doesn't have much in common with his CO. He feels like he's embarrassed Shayne by his boisterous personality. He hopes to prove himself to the Captain somehow.
First Officer, USS Arrow
Arrows charming and self-confessed oddball First Officer. Regan admires him very much and adores his somewhat 'old-fashioned' tastes and love of all things maritime and strange. He's borrowed an old paper copy of The Three Musketeers by Dumas from Collins, and intends to read it all.
Regan's best friend on the Arrow. After a series of ups and downs starting their friendship, the two officers have proved they are destined to be best friends. Hot tempered, and fiercely loyal, Maria has proven herself a capable mischief-maker with Regan.
Regan took an instant liking to the diminutive Caitian/Deltan counsellor. They love sharing a drink and chatting, and have a sort of big brother/little sister bond. He appreciates her very different perception of life, and is a very vocal opponent of her opinion of herself as a mutant/monster.
Regan's immediate superior in Security. The two are polar opposites in every way and rarely see eye to eye - professionally or personally. He calls him Serious Serinus behind his back. He hopes they can some day come to an understanding and learn to respect each other.
Friend/Number 1 Crush
Academy friend posted to the USS Gorkon. They took their final exam together, and after a recent flirty subspace catch-up Regan began to question his personal feelings for the Trill. He is attracted to Serren physically but isn't sure he can reconcile his feelings with the Host/Symbiont nature of Trill life.
- Evading Mist (Arrow) 239707.22 - 239709.05: Arriving onboard the Arrow in the midst of their confrontation with the Sheliak Corporate, Regan was immediately put to work. His first assignment was to apprehend Crewman Thompson - who was accused of killing Crewman Gonzales - in the shuttlebay. Taking a more talkative approach, Regan found out that Thompson was under the control of a dark entity, which could read peoples minds. After taunting Regan with his battles with alcohol, he found he didn't have the courage or conviction to phaser the crewman to take him into custody. It was only when the Arrow traveled through a gravimetric singularity that the entity escaped and left Thompson unaware of his actions.
- Shoreleave - 239709.05 - 239710.09: The Arrow, in orbit of Atlas Base on the planet Theta 122, spent a while on a 'working-shoreleave' schedule, in which Regan used his piloting services to ferry crew to and from the Arrow and Atlas Base. He also conducted a planetary survey with Ensign Nakada. He set up a parkour routine, where he runs the length of the ship and other decks through Jeffries Tubes and hatchways with ladders in them. He also - briefly - engaged in Ensign Nakada's cooking class, but only to amuse himself by their efforts, and ended up covered from head to toe in strawberry smoothie! Awarded The Explorers Ribbon, The Legacy Ribbon, and The Good Conduct Ribbon, and promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade on 239710.03.
- A Scouring of Stars (Arrow) 239710.09 - 239711.30: Regan is assigned to a diplomatic team to welcome and oversee security as delegates from The Big Six - six of the biggest players in the flotilla surrounding Theta 122 - beam aboard the Arrow to try and work out a truce while being blockaded by the Sheliak. He embarrasses himself and Captain Shayne by retelling an embarrassing story of his youth travelling with his relation, who is a Federation Ambassador, to R'Ariel (He threw up in the presence of the Antedean Ambassador when the fish course was served at a special banquet), which leads him to question his future on the ship, and in Starfleet itself... When the Arrow is boarded by pirates after the double cross by Captain Eru Ghant, Regan is tasked with defending the ship with Gul Dakul. When Dakul dies defending the ship, Regan is joined by Commander Eerie and heads to engineering to defend it. In the Battle for Main Engineering, Regan is captured by pirates who intend to hand him over to Ghant for a bounty. With the help of Lt. Serinus and Ensign Alvarez, Regan faces Ghant head on in order to save the ship. During their fight - The Black Dance - Ghant get's the better of him, and in her wrath, Regan loses an eye.
- Shoreleave - 239711.30 - 239801.04: Recovering from his ordeal, Regan gets a replacement synthetic eye from the Caldonians onboard the Syrtan. He learns of his sisters engagement in a call from home, whereby he's invited to plan the bachelorette party. He chooses Risa. He invites the ladies of the senior staff to a Cake Party in the Mess Hall. Regan also oversees the funeral of the Engineering Sofa, Sofia Davenport, to cheer up the crew after the pirate invasion of the ship. He and Maria Alvarez star in their own personal friendship saga after they try and fail twice to start a friendship. They settle their differences in a holo-game of Paintball Assassin on the Syrtan's holodeck. They are now very close friends. The shoreleave ended with a Winter Wonderland awards party at the Northern pole of Theta 122 where Captain Shayne had created a tiny village square at Christmas theme. He is awarded the Purple Heart and the Federation Cross on 239801.05, as well as The Peacekeeper Service Ribbon and the Operation Safe Harbor Service Medal.
- The Ultimatum (Arrow) 239801.04 - 239802.24: The Sheliak are advancing! Scans of Theta 122 show that there might be a life in some sort of energy form beneath the surface, and the Arrow is tasked to investigate. They intercept a communication telling them that the Sheliak Corporate are also aware of this energy, and warn that they will be arriving to investigate within the hour. Things go awry when the Sheliak arrive early and immediately bombard the planet with an energy weapon. Regan is sent with Commander Collins, Lieutenant DeBarres and Lieutenant R'Ariel to help evacuate the ships that have settled on the planet. A strange energy permeating the air proves problematic, and angry Cultists from The Brotherhood of Thet shoot down their shuttle and attack Collins. After a temporary truce with the Brotherhood, the away team joins them in their underground camp. Whilst there, Regan skinny dips in the Sacred Reservoir and encounters a strange energy which takes over his mind. Bound to the Brotherhood, he tries to 'convert' DeBarres and their new friend Kal Jaris. It's revealed that the God is an Iconian - Thet - who has been stranded and wounded on the planet for many thousands of years. Leader of the cult, Edward Morgan, tells them that needs energy to repair the Gateway at the bottom of the lake so it can return home, and he's been recruiting members of the cult for just that - to sacrifice their lives to give their life energy for the Iconian. Commander Collins and R'Ariel attempt to communicate with Thet, as the Arrow prepares to deal with a Sheliak defector who knew about the gateway, and attempt to stabilize it before anyone dies. At the end of the mission Morgan - the leader of the cult - sacrificed himself to stabilize the Gateway, and Thet returned home. The Arrow received word from Starbase 821 that a temporary truce has been signed between The Federation and the Sheliak Corporate, and that the Sheliak would take Theta 122.
- Shoreleave 239802.24 - 239803.29: With the crew free to leave Theta 122 after eight months, the Arrow heads to Starbase 821 for some much needed shore leave. Regan attempts to learn Gorn as a new language. He performed the famous 'FSB' - The Full Shuttlebay, a silly sock-racing ritual from his Flight Academy days, before running into his ex, Nicholas Rehme, where he went to the Mess to commiserate with cupcakes and Paper Roses. Regan's world was interrupted soon after when he reconnected with his cold and distant father when he visited Starbase 821 to inform him that he had authorized a transfer to a Marine task force under Captain Wilde's command. Several of Regan's crewmates attempted to block the transfer, and the order was eventually rescinded during Operation: Hot Shot, a risky move where Regan deliberately failed the Marine Corps entry requirements, and ultimately told his father to stop meddling in his life. The shore leave concluded with Regan recreating the grounds of the Wilde Estate in one of the starbases holodecks for the crew to enjoy their awards party. He was awarded his second Good Conduct Ribbon for his experiences against the Brotherhood of Thet cult, and in dealing with the Iconian crisis.
- Miracle of Venthis (Arrow) 239803.30 - Present: The Arrow is assigned to Second Contact with the people of the planet Venthis. Venthis had been in a global catastrophic civil war for nearly two hundred years before the fighting suddenly stopped eighteen months ago. After First Contact with the USS Arkhipov, the Venthis have petitioned for membership in the United Federation of Planets. The Arrow is tasked with evaluating the planet for membership - especially their new technological advancement in such a short time. Regan is assigned to the Away Team visiting the planet to analyse the technology of the planet, and figure out what makes it run. While the Away Team checks the lab in Feren Industries, Ambassador Dran talks with Captain Shayne about membership to the Federation. When the ship locks down for unknown reasons, it's soon clear something isn't right. The secret to Venthis' success - their Miracle - is an Omega Molecule. Regan and Collins are subjected to poison in an attempt on Madam Alios' life, causing the away team to be recalled to sickbay. It is revealed that militants have infiltrated the Arrow and Regan attempts to distract the shooter with the "Get Help!" routine.
USS Arrow (2397)
- Demons - Regan confronts a possessed Crewman Thompson, who in turn confronts him with his own past demons.
- The Painting on the Wall - Regan has his first counselling session with R'Ariel.
- T.R.O.U.B.L.E - Regan sings karaoke after being promoted.
- The Mirror of a Man - Regan confides in Maxwell Traenor his experience of being an alcoholic.
- The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship - Regan's friendship with Maxwell continues after The Mirror of a Man.
- The Brownies of Peace - Regan apologizes to Keneth Nakada with homemade brownies.
- The Irredeemable Debt of Regan Wilde - Regan remembers being rescued from Lakata, and his promise to his father.
- The Haunting of Deck 4 - A Special Below Decks Halloween Sim in which Regan believes his quarters are haunted!
- The Black Dance: Crescendo - During his final confrontation with Eru Ghant, Regan loses his eye.
- The "Windows to the Soul" Saga, Act I, Scene II, Act II, Scene I, Act II, Scene II, Act III, Scene I, Act III, Scene II - Regan and Maria Alvarez attempt to spark a friendship after their shared ordeal with Captain Ghant, though it does not go to plan. Eventually they reconcile and become fast friends.
USS Arrow (2398)
- Rebirth - Skinny dipping in the Sacred Reservoir on Theta 122, Regan encounters the powerful Iconian Thet deep in the waters...
|Cadet Fourth Class||2393 - 2394||Starfleet Academy||Cadet|
|Cadet Third Class||2394 - 2395||Starfleet Academy||Cadet|
|Cadet Second Class||2395 - 2396||Starfleet Academy||Cadet|
|Cadet First Class||2396 - 2397||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Cadet|
|Ensign||23970817 - 239710.03||USS Arrow||Security Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239710.03 - Present||USS Arrow||Security Officer|
|Awards & Ribbons|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|