|Crew of USS Apollo|
But life is /about/ the little things."
- Character's name: Sidney Jocelyn Pierce
- Species: Human.
- Gender: Female.
- Age: 22.
- Date of Birth: 236709.03
- Place of Birth: Betazed
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 165 pounds
- Mother: Isla Reed
- Father: Lionel Pierce
- Siblings: None
- Spouse: None
- 238711.04 - Graduated Starfleet Academy.
- 238711.23 - Assigned as Counselor, USS Independance-A.
- 238802.09 - Reassigned to Counselor, USS Aurora .
- 238804.01 - Estimated date of departure from USS Aurora. Listed as MIA.
- 238804.05 - Arrested on charges of Abandoning a Duty Post. Stripped of rank.
- 238804.29 - Court-martial occurs; verdict is Unsafe For Duty.
- 238804.30 - Appeal to court-martial verdict. Counsel requests medical examination.
- 238901.15 - Reinstated as a Starfleet Officer at the rank of Ensign.
- 238902.07 - Assigned to Science, USS Apollo.
- 238902.09 - Reassigned to Medical, USS Apollo.
- 238905.01 - Promoted to Lt. JG, made Chief Medical Officer, USS Apollo.
- 238909.10 - Reassigned to Counselor, USS Apollo.
- 238909.29 - Promoted to Lieutenant, USS Apollo.
With the U.S.S. Apollo
History and Background
Sidney's father is a doctor who specializes in the treatment of telepaths and empaths: no small wonder that Sidney was born and raised on Betazed, where Lionel Pierce worked. Sidney's mother Isla is a biologist who is working on her master's thesis on the subject of terraforming. Isla found the constant empathic presence too invasive and ended her marriage to Lionel when Sidney was 10. Sidney was then given a choice: stay on Betazed with her medically-minded father or travel on missions with her biologist mother. The idea of living mainly in contained science centers and on starships was too intimidating, so Sidney decided to stay with her father.
Staying on Betazed presented its own problems too. Sidney found her lack of natural mental abilities set her apart from her peers and left her feeling isolated. However, her father encouraged Sidney to develop a better recognition of vocal tone and body language to help make up for what Sidney considered "genetic shortcomings". Sidney was adept at anything in school requiring a great deal of patience, such as Xenolinguistics and Stellar Cartography, but she truly enjoyed programs that let her better understand the actions of individuals.
Sidney suffered a nervous breakdown aboard the USS Aurora and ended her career with the vessel on a low note, taking an unauthorized leave. She was court-martialed and charged with abandoning her post during an active mission. After medical evaluation, Sidney appealed to be allowed to re-enter active duty as her breakdown appeared to be an isolated incident. The court eventually approved this request, however, Sidney was told she would not be allowed back as a Ship's Counselor until she had sufficiently proved her mental stability.
2389 saw her return to Starfleet, once again as an Ensign but this time aboard the USS Apollo, where she was made a Science officer under Liutenant Tressa. Shortly after the Apollo's departure of Starbase 118, it became apparently that there was more need for medical staff besides the EMH, and Sidney's department was changed. She took on the responsibility of CMO until Jalana Laxyn came aboard, at which time Pierce requested to be displaced as CMO in favour of someone who had obviously dedicated her studies and life to the cause.
- Genesis Badge: Given for personal growth aboard the USS Apollo.
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award: Given for participation in Vantage Point as a member of the USS Apollo.
|NPC Listing · USS Apollo-A Crew Manifest · Crew History