|Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion|
- Full Name: Nira
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Billet: Science Officer
- Height: 178cm
- Weight: 60kg
- Species: Deltan
- Date of Birth: 237008.08
- Place of Birth: Mesja, Delta IV
- Hair Color: N/A
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Distinguishing Marks: None
- Style: Comfortable
- Voice: Soft but firm
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Telepathic Status: E4
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Emro
- Mother: Amiria
- Siblings: Nira has twenty one half-brothers and half-sisters and two direct siblings, Aria and Kato.
- Terribly formal at most times.
- Tends to gravitate towards other people.
- Temperament: Calm and cool at all times, likely to be the "cooler head" in a stressful situation.
- Favorite Room: Anywhere in the Promenade.
- Quarters: Bright and stimulating. Filled with trinkets and souvenirs from Delta IV.
- Ambitions and Goals: Nira's greatest goal will probably not get realized within her life span, not only because of technological constraints, but also because of her deep fear of isolation. She dreams of being amongst the first Federation Scientists to travel beyond the Galactic Barrier. A more immediate goal is to publish a scientific paper on a major indexed publication.
- Complexes and Phobias: Nira is deeply afraid of being isolated from other Deltans. This has made her decision to join Starfleet very difficult. Interestingly, her worst nightmare - being completely cut off from physical contact with other Deltans - conflicts with her greatest dreams. She copes with this constant fear by visiting her home planet as often as she can and by keeping herself busy.
- Strengths: Nira is usually an extremely focused individual, and when given a problem to solve she won't stop until she solves it. She also has a "quasi-eidetic" visual memory.
- Weaknesses: Can't stand suffering, noticeably more so than most people. This is directly connected to her empathic abilities. She is also prone to neglecting team work at times of high concentration, and often has problems voicing her thoughts and explaining concepts which to her seem elementary, which can make her sound exceedingly condescending, bordering on rude.
- Hobbies: Dancing, solving visual/mathematical puzzles, stargazing, people-watching
- Likes: Performing Arts, experiencing new sensations, meeting new people, puzzles
- Dislikes: Being alone, explaining things, tense environments, cold temperatures
- 237008.08 - Born on the Mesja General Hospital, Mesja, Delta IV
- 238608.01 - Enrolled at the University of Mesja as a part-time student, concomitantly with standard education
- 238711.25 - 238802.15 - Short-Term Internship at University of Mesja's FTL Particle Laboratory
- 238801.25 - Accepted into Starfleet Academy
- 239211.15 - Graduated from Starfleet Academy
- Major: Science
- Specializations: Physics, Astronomy and Geology
- Nira was born on stardate 237108.08 in a rather large family, on the equatorial beach city of Mesja, on Delta IV. She was the second child born of the union of her parents. As usual in the Deltan culture, despite growing amidst a large number of other children, she has always received plenty of attention from both her biological parents and those she affectionally refer to her "other parents".
- Being the child of two university lecturers, she quickly developed a passion for the pursuit of knowledge. Her family always made a point of keeping their children intellectually stimulated by keeping them entertained with puzzles and problems of increasing difficulty. This, combined with the Deltan natural aptitude for mathematics and geometry and her own natural curiosity, made her quickly stand out from her peers at school, and at the young age of 14 she had already began developing a passion - or perhaps an obsession - for the field of cosmology, which drove her to begin taking university-level classes on physics at the age of 16, in parallel with her standard education.
- After completing her standard education, Starfleet Academy was her natural choice for a higher degree, even though her family discouraged her from joining, as she had never been away from the Deltan homeworld for more than a few days. She graduated with a major in Science and a triple specialization in Physics, Astronomy and Geology.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History