Nikki Ryan is a doctor specializing in Trauma Surgery and Critical Care.
- Height: 5'5"
- Hair Color: Blond. Sometimes light brown with blond highlights.
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: Small scar on right eyebrow, barely noticeable.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Moon and Sun Celtic tattoo on left shoulder. Pierced ears. Belly button ring. Nose ring when off-duty.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Casual jeans and either sweaters or t-shirt.
- Handedness: Right handed
Nikki is very outgoing and friendly. Intense at times. She isn't afraid to speak her mind even when it gets her into trouble.
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
- Father: Michael Ryan, Professor of Forensics Psychology University of New Berlin
- Mother: Maggie Ryan, Physician in Private Practice on Earth (Deceased)
- Siblings: none
- Danni James - Very brief, volatile relationship. Though they still talk, they are constantly arguing, mostly because Danni enjoys irritating Nikki.
- Dr. Matthew Donahue - Brief relationship during her first assignment. Things got too intense too quickly and Nikki broke it off and transferred shortly after.
- Dr. Talya Robins - Their relationship is one of best friends, though Nikki did have deeper feelings for Talya while at the Academy. She confessed her feelings but that's as far as it went. Nikki accepted the fact Talya could never have the same feelings and they remained close friends.
- Dr. Dale McGregor - Nikki met Dale while serving on the USS Avandar. She literally owes Dale for saving her life. He was part of the team that help rescue her and others from the Breen home world and after their return to the USS Avandar he helped save her from a seed that was using her body to grow a plant.
- Rune Jolara - Brief relationship which ended when Nikki attempted to help Rune with a medical problem after Rune told her not to. They have since managed to at least become friends once again.
Nikki has since given up on having any type of personal relationships.
Personal and Professional History
Nikki was born on earth to Michael and Maggie Ryan. She traveled with her mother to various medical conventions and symposiums. Though her mother was a civilian, she worked closely with Starfleet Medical. She was 12 years old when her mother was killed during the Breen attack on Star Fleet Headquarters in San Francisco.
She and her father were once very close but they drifted apart after Maggie's death. Nikki felt he blamed her in some way for surviving the attack while her mother died, but in actuality, she blamed herself. When she was 17, she was accepted into Harvard University's Pre-Med program but decided upon completion of pre-med that she wanted to join Star Fleet.
After facing a medical review board following her misguided attempt to help Rune, Nikki decided to give up practicing medicine. She turned her focus to Engineering, serving aboard USS Avandar as Chief Engineer, USS Invicta as Engineer and then USS Syracuse as Chief Engineer. A sudden reassignment to USS Veritas prompted Nikki to return to medical. A short time later, she was promoted to Chief Medical Officer.
- 236407.03: Born on Earth.
- 237510.20: Mother was killed in Breen attack on San Francisco during the Dominion War.
- 238103.02: Accepted into Pre-Med at Harvard Medical School - Harvard University
- 238509.01: Accepted into Starfleet Academy Medical School.
- 238909.10: Graduated from Starfleet Academy.
|Starfleet Service Record
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
USS Avandar 239209.16 - 239211.12
USS Invicta 239302.15 - 2393xx.xx
USS Veritas 239312.06 - Present