Nemitor Atimen is currently the Chief Engineering Officer aboard USS Tiger.
- Full Name: Nemitor Joshua Atimen
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235512.24
- Age: 30
- Place of Birth: North America, Earth
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Status: -1 (mostly telepathically unreadable, empath readable)
- Height: 190 cm
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Spouse: None.
- Children: None
- Father: Samuel Atimen
- Mother: Elizabeth Atimen
- Siblings: Steven Atimen
Nemitor Atimen grew up on Earth, to a family of engineers going back generations. After barely being granted admission to Starfleet Academy, he had a falling out with his father who preferred him to go to a civilian engineering institute.
Atimen graduated in the top fourth of his class, and would be assigned to a vessel right out of the Academy. However his engineering talents quickly drew the attention of various businesses and government organizations alike and before long Atimen had a wide variety of patents, earning him a substantial amount of money. Atimen gained many friends at the Academy, which include some currently in industry, Starfleet, and the Klingon Empire.
He was assigned to the USS Kodiak-B under the command of Admiral Hollis, where he officially began his career in Starfleet. Atimen was quickly promoted to Acting Chief Engineer, then full Chief Engineer, then Lieutenant Junior Grade. After the decommissining of the Kodiak, Atimen was transferred to the Triumphant, after which he was promoted to Lieutenant, then the position of Second Officer. Shortly afterward he was transferred to Security for a brief stint before the decommissioning of the USS Triumphant and his transfer to the USS Independence.
While on the Triumphant and the Independence, Atimen began to run his stores of money dry. Shortly after he had begun at the Independence he was ordered to Federation Research, where he worked at the Utopia Planitia Ship Yards on a new class of starship. Three months in he was granted an extended leave of absence, which he used further work on his technology as well as meet up with old friends and potential buyers in business.
In late 2385 Atimen requested to return to Starfleet, claiming that although he enjoyed the freedom accompanied with the private sector, he had grown bored. He was then assigned to the USS Tiger as an Engineering Officer, and was demoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade. He was shortly returned to full Lieutenant and Chief of Security, as well as Chief Tactical Officer. Months later, he was promoted to Lieutenant Commander, and transferred to Engineering where he is today.
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Tiger
- Duty Post: Chief of Security/Chief Tactical Officer
Awards & Commendations
- The Order of StarFleet Merit and Achievement 1: 238401.04
- Data Artistic: 238401.04
- 238210.25: Assigned to USS Kodiak-B as Engineering Officer
- 238301.11: Promoted to Acting Chief Engineering Officer
- 238303.05: Assigned to USS Triumphant
- 238303.12: Promoted to Chief Engineering Officer and Lieutenant Junior Grade
- 238401.04: Promoted to Lieutenant.
- 238401.04: Awarded the "TOSMA I" and "Data Artistic" Awards
- 238405.17: Promoted to Second Officer
- 238407.06: Assigned to Chief of Security
- 238408.30: Decommissioning of the USS Triumphant
- 238409.04: Transferred to the USS Independence-A
- 238410.03: Transferred to Federation Research (Utopia Planitia), subsequent Leave of Absence
- 238510.21: Assigned to the USS Tiger, Demoted to Lt. JG, Assigned as Engineering Officer
- 238512.20: Promoted to Chief of Security and Chief Tactical Officer
- 238601.06: Promoted to Lieutenant.
- 238608.22: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander and Chief Engineering Officer
In 2084, Atimen fell into a coma, during which his mind 'flayed', forming two distinct conciousnesses. These two; one the original, one his unconscious. As his mind healed, it re-solidified back into its original form, albeit with a different structure. Although there were no major changes, an unexpected side-effect was that Atimen was no longer readable to Telepaths and Empaths. To them, his mind was 'static'.
As time passed, he became fully readable to Empaths once again, and Telepaths are beginning to be able to pick up fragments.
- Kal'thor: A Klingon freighter captain. Studied with Atimen at the Academy as a foreign exchange student.
- Hank Colton: Terran owner of an engineering firm headquartered on Earth. Studied with Atimen at the Academy, and was assigned to Utopia Planitia until he was allowed to retire from the fleet.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History