|Crew of Starbase 118|
Ensign Meiko Kobayashi is a helmsman and pilot currently assigned to Starbase 118.
- Full Name: Meiko Kobayashi
- Age: 25. Birthday 236203.16 (16th of March 2362).
- Species: Human/Vulcan (Hybrid)
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Green
- Height: 5'5"
- Telepathic status: T3
- Place of Birth: Luna Colony
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Meiko has a single piercing in her right ear and a tattoo on her left shoulder. She also has a scar over her right eyebrow, from a glider incident when she was younger.
- Skin Tone: Caucasian/olive.
- Handedness: Right.
- Parents: Mily Jashke (Mother - Vulcan/Human) and Yuichiro Kobayashi (Father - Vulcan/Human).
- Siblings: One sister, Kikue.
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
- Quarters: Tidy and free from clutter.
- Temperment: Calm and collected. Meiko likes to be where she's heading earlier than expected. She is more emotional than Vulcans and generally more calm than most humans. She's the first to laugh at a joke and likes to keep in high spirits.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Being a pilot is what Meiko is and does. She keeps various holodeck programs of different spacecraft, and early era planes from different worlds. She also enjoys different vehicle simulations.
- Likes: Likes: Fast ships, fast vehicles. The stars before her or the wind in her hair.
- Dislikes: Dislikes: Liars, cheats, theives, the colour pink, dresses, skirts, any shoes with a heel biger than half an inch.
- Fears/Phobias: Pon far. Meiko has yet to undergo her first pon far. Since she has no mate, nor has she came across anyone who has sparked her interest, she worries about her nearing condition, and how she will handle it. She also has some anxiety about other Vulcans. Being raised more in the human sense than her Vulcan heritage, Meiko has found it hard to relate to the other half of herself.
Meiko was born on the Luna Colony of Earth. Her father, Yuichiro, was a buinessman on Earth and her mother, Mily, a transport pilot. The two met when Mily was transporting Yuichiro on a standard run between Earth and Vulcan; they formed an instant attraction, seeing each other often and eventually marrying. After Meiko was born they relocated permanantly to Yuichiro's home in Nagoya, Japan on Earth.
Their home in the city of Nagoya meant Mily could continue her work, as there was plenty of people looking for transport to the luna colonies and neighbouring planets in the solar system. As Meiko grew she became more and more curious about her mother's work, and was soon joining her mother in fixing up the transport. By the time she finished primary school, she could fly seven different models of transport and commercial vessels without supervision and could drive every vehicle in her father's garage.
During her high school years, Meiko branched out and started learning about the other side of the machines she came to like so much. She focussed on engineering courses while continuing to learn all she could about piloting from her mother. When she was halfway through her high school years her younger sister Kikue was born.
After finishing high school, Meiko was torn as to what she should do. Her mother was ready to hand over the tranport and let Meiko continue her work. While several of her high school teachers suggested she join Star Fleet, as she was an accomplished pilot and capable engineer. Eventually dreams of flying everything from cruisers to battleships to science vessels got the better of her; she turned down her mother's offer and joined Starfleet academy.
After graduating, Meiko spent the next years moving from ship to ship; where ever she was needed, applying her skills as diligently as she could.