|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Birthplace||Mak'ala City, Trill Prime|
Enthusiastic and friendly, Maz is newly Joined Fifth Host of the Rodan Symbiont, and eager to see what life with a worm holds. Wise beyond his years, but still fun and playful, he's excited to see the galaxy with Starfleet and exert his new self.
- Full Name: Maz Rodan (nee Nevron)
- Gender: Male
- Race: Trill (Joined)
- Date of Birth: 237212.11
- Symbiont Age: 172
- Place of Birth: Mak'ala City, Trill Prime
- Languages Spoken:
- Federation Standard (Fluent)
- Modern Trill Standard (Fluent)
- Klingon (Conversational)
- Ancient Trill (Beginner)
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Starfleet Serial Number: VK- 369 - 956
- Sexuality: Homosexual
- Height: 6' 0"
- Weight: 12 stone
- Hair Color: Black
- Hair style: 'Bed Head'
- Facial Hair: None
- Eye Color: Blue
- Distinguishing Marks/Scars: Trill spots
- Build: Lean
- Carriage/Gait: Quick and easy
- Mannerisms: Articulate and gesticulate.
- Taste in Clothing (When off Duty): Trendy
- Accent: Federation Standard
- Handedness: Left
- Temperament: Friendly and approachable, with a mischievous streak.
- Religion: None
Maz Rodan is an enthusiastic and adventurous young Trill. He loves exploring the universe and finds excitement in most things. He is bubbly and friendly, yet sometimes often self-reflective. Although he has been Joined since 2397, he is still coming to terms with the 'new' Maz. He enjoys sports, particularly basketball and hockey, and has a strong liking for Earth music and food. He's a lot laid back than other Trill, and enjoys socializing. He was born and raised in Mak'ala City, the capital city of Trill, and considers himself more cosmopolitan and open minded than Trill from other parts of the planet.
Like most Trill, Maz is inherently bisexual, though has accepted that he is - and was before Joining - homosexual.
He graduated from the Academy with a major in Astrophysics and Astronomy, with a minor in Quantum Mechanics. He is fascinated with the workings of the universe and his biggest dream is to witness the birth of a star.
- Quarters: Generally tidy but with hints of disorganization.
- "Kiddo" - A habit he picked up from Shona.
- "Oh, boy!" Used for a variety of situations from excitement to horror.
- Drumming fingers.
- Has seemingly bottomless pockets, and pulls out a myriad of strange things, but mostly carrot sticks and chocolate bars. When asked where they come from, he nonchalantly replies with "Don't worry about it".
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- He plays basketball, and supports the FBA team the Mak'ala City Mavericks. He also supports the FHL hockey team Mak'ala Rangers.
- Enjoys Earth music, such as jazz and rock and roll. He is attempting to learn to play the saxophone.
- Detective Fiction - from Hercules Poirot to Dixon Hill.
- Watching F1 Shuttle Racing.
- He has a novice level interest in botany.
- Likes & Dislikes:
- Visiting the beaches at Jalana City.
- Tea. He picked up a liking for tea while studying on Earth.
- PADDcasts about Alternate Universe conspiracies.
- Follows the popular Trill band Spotsy Music.
- Closed minded people.
- Bugs and insects.
- Cold temperatures.
- Favourite Foods:
- Hot Curry. Unusual for Trill, he enjoys spicy foods.
- Carrot sticks
- Favourite Drinks:
- Earl Grey Tea.
- Joba Juice
The Rodan Symbiont
Rodan was born in the pools of The Caves of Mak'ala - the sacred caves on Trill where Symbionts are born and raised - in 2226. They were watched over and nurtured by the dedicated Guardians for ten years until 2236 when Rodan was Joined to their First Host.
First Host (2236 - 2298)
Rodan's First Host - Shona - was a psychiatrist who ran a private practice, and later served as a Field Docent for the Evaluation Board of the Trill Symbiosis Commission. Known for her sharp tongue and short temper, she helped guide hundreds of Initiates onto Joining, and equally helped wash-out hundreds more. Shona was a 'no nonsense' character who enjoyed martinis and tennis. She was married, and had two children. She died of a heart attack aged 82 in 2298.
Second Host (2298 - 2334)
Second Host Zosha was an oceanographer and zoologist. Poetic and lovely, she was very lovable to all who knew her. She was known to be very beautiful and always smiled. She was married but had no children. She died in a research accident underwater off the coast of Jalana City in 2334.
Third Host (2334 - 2352)
The Third Host of Rodan - Rafi - was a loud and mischievous Private Detective formerly of the Trill Police Service. A rash hot-head, he was known to bend rules and cut corners to get his work done. Rafi enjoyed the music and culture of various Alpha and Beta Quadrant races. He picked up Shona's sharp tongue and penchant for arguments, and met his fate at the end of a d'k tagh in a Klingon dive bar in 2352.
Fourth Host (2352 - 2397)
Joined for 45 years, Jareth was a noted Starfleet Chief Medical Officer. He served on several starships in his career and saw action in the Borg Invasion of 2373, and The Dominion War. While exploring uncharted space in 2397, Jareth was infected with a deadly and unknown disease, which proved terminally fatal. He requested to return to Trill to die, where he could meet the future Initiate to have the Rodan Symbiont, and pass along some advice. He died aged 63.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
Maz's father - Aldred Nevron - is a curator at the Mak'ala Natural History Museum on Trill. A quiet a studious man, he is very supportive of Maz's Joining and enlistment in Starfleet. He has a deep regret for not pushing himself to be Joined when he was younger, and wishes he had. He is a lover of history and natural history.
His mother Elosi is a senior nurse at one of the major medical centers in the city. She is warm and friendly - if a little loud and boisterous. She has a particularly high and shrill voice. She does not really approve of Maz's Joining, stating that the new personality post-Joining won't be her "Little Mazzy". Despite her objections, she is deeply protective of her eldest son.
Aran (b. 2381) is Maz's younger brother. He's currently a student at Mak'ala Academy and is about to graduate. He is typically quieter than Maz, but has expressed an interest in both being Joined and entering Starfleet Academy.
- Zero Gravity Training.
- Deep Water.
- He is afraid he won't live up to Joined Trill expectations.
- Balancing the hot-headed, impulsive natures of his First and Third Hosts.
- Personal Achievements:
- Being Joined
- Joining Starfleet
- Personal Disappointments:
- His mothers reaction to his Joining.
- Childhood: Maz had a typical childhood, living and exploring Mak'ala City. He learned about Trill science and history by hanging out in the museum his father works in. He was an only child until the age of 8, and became a protective and supportive older brother.
- Education: Bright and outgoing, Maz excelled in school and attended both primary and secondary school on Trill. He attended Starfleet Academy on Earth.
- Joining: With the expediency of having to re-Host Rodan, Maz was surprised to be called back to Trill in an emergency to be Joined. He was able to speak to Jareth before he died, and the older Starfleet Officer passed along some advice prior to him being Joined.
- Starfleet: It was always Maz's intention to join Starfleet. He was accepted to the Trill Science Ministry as a junior scientist, but wanted to see the galaxy instead. His previous Host - Jareth - was a Starfleet Officer and so the role comes naturally to him. Maz was already an Ensign serving on the USS Dickens when he was Joined in 2397.
|Starfleet Service Record
|Awards & Service Ribbons|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Arrow Crew Manifest · Crew History