- Stardate 239302 to Present
- This mission kicks off the War of Shadows fleetwide plot arc, with Invicta serving as the 2393 FWPA Phase 1 lead ship.
When the Charles Lindbergh, a quantum slipstream starliner carrying an important Federation official, is hijacked by colonial extremists, the Invicta is ordered to respond. But is there more behind the hijackers' demands? The War of Shadows has begun.
- Anari Kthria, the Trill Chief of Staff and former presidential candidate who is traveling aboard the Charles Lindbergh on her way to chair a conference between the Federation and the Colonial Coalition.
- Gabriela Cariño, the leader of the colonial extremists that have hijacked the Charles Lindbergh.
- Shiarn, a hired mercenary and Cariño's second-in-command
- Tamir Kadosh, the helmsman of the Charles Lindbergh and a Starfleet veteran of the Dominion War.
- Kinan Venroe, a Starfleet Personnel officer traveling aboard the Charles Lindbergh, taking a holiday.
- Lily Ventu, the newly-appointed Secretary of the Exterior for the United Federation of Planets. Just days into her new position, Secretary Ventu heads out to the frontier to deal with the crisis.
- Zoranna Tem, Kthria's personal assistant.
- Oana, a Risian singer and bartender aboard the Charles Lindbergh
- Charles Lindbergh starliner, a quantum slipstream drive-equipped civilian starliner operated by Unity Transport with 2,300 passengers and 1,000 crew members aboard.