Massem, Ayyar Sre
(Redirected from Massem,Ayyar Sre)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ensign Massem is the newest recruit serving at the Duronis II Embassy.
- Full Name: Ayyar Sre Massem. (Note: Although 'Ayyar' is equivalent to a family name, and 'Sre' indicates gender and status, the name 'Massem' is still used primarily in all but very formal situations.)
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Kellerun
- Date of Birth: 236511.09
- Place of Birth: Northern Arboreum, Kellerun homeworld
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: Baseline
- Height: 1.8 m
- Weight: 67 k
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Parents: Genome assembled from wide range of Kellerun citizens
- Father: State-appointed guardian Ayyar Sre Khay
- Mother: State-appointed guardian Ayyar Ohn Ilian
- Siblings: Ayyar Sre Ouhl, Ayyar Sre Gennsim, Ayyar Sre Ru, Ayyar Ohn Yrris
- 235903.01: As part of an extensive eugenics program considered morally dubious by much of the Federation, and many other Kellerun, the Kellerun gene pool is monetized. Genes are traded as commodities, with the most advantageous genes being bought and sold at a high price. Investors assemble genomes composed of valuable genes, and auction off the rights to raise a child with the constructed genome. Parent investors pay the heavy cost of artificially conceiving and gestating a child if they consider the assembled genome to be likely to produce a highly valuable individual. Children born in the program are considered to be investments, genetically engineered to contribute as much as possible to society.
- 236502.10: A Kellerun experimental utopian project, consisting of a small society in the Northern Arboreum, buys five copies of an assembled genome. Massem and his four siblings are created.
- 236511.09: Born at a gestation facility in the Kellerun city Ohssica. Transferred to the Northern Arboreum. Raised as part of a simulated nuclear family.
- 237101.14: In the course of a normal education, Massem studies abroad at the nearby Federation outpost Deep Space Nine. Finding the melting pot of a Federation space station more stimulating than a small town with four near-identical siblings, Massem begins plans to study at Starfleet Academy.
- 237410.23: While Massem is still traveling the Alpha quadrant, two of his siblings, Yrris and Ru, are convicted of multiple felonies including abuse of an undeveloped species and conspiracy to commit murder. Since the criminals share Massem's genome and almost all of his phenotype, the three innocent siblings are placed under heavy suspicion by Kellerun authorities. Starfleet does not share the zeal of the Kellerun justice system, and accepts Massem to Starfleet Academy without prejudice. However, the Kellerun government sends Starfleet an official medical document stating that, as Massem shares both the genes and background of two felons, he should not be considered morally trustworthy. Starfleet acknowledges the document, but disregards it.
- 238911.10: Cadet Massem graduates from Starfleet Academy and is assigned to the Duronis II embassy as an HCO officer.