EMH Mark Two, an Emergency Medical Hologram, is currently a medical officer aboard the USS Constitution-B.
- Full Name: EMH Program AK-2 Diagnostic and Surgical Subroutine Omega-323
- Current Rank: none
- Race: Hologram
- Date of Birth: Programmed over 10 years ago. Gained sentience 239111.11
- Place of Birth: USS Atlantis
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: none
- Height: 5'-10"
- Weight: N/A
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
When Lieutenant Jade Shryker was injured during a mission, she was infected by alien DNA and her body started to mutate. Dr. Varu Novin transferred Lieutenant Shryker's consciousness into the Atlantis' EMH Mark 3 program before doing a dangerous medical technique on the patient's body. The process worked and Lieutenant Shryker was restored, but her human memory and emotions imprinted on the EMH program matrix.
The Atlantis' EMH Mark 3 was corrupted during the Dark Wonderland! mission. The EMH Mark 3 became unstable and interfaced with the holodeck, trying to kill the crew who were inside. When all was said and done the EMH Mark 3 was gutted from the Atlantis program. Unfortunately due to an emergency situation involving a potential saboteur the Atlantis launched without upgrading to an EMH Mark 4. Being low on medical staff, Dr. Shar'Wyn Foster decided to active the old EMH Mark II that was stored as a backup in the EMH matrix to see if it was still functional.
Dr. Foster found that Atlantis' EMH Mark II program still had the imprint of memories and human emotions, without the psychotic instability of the EMH Mark 3. Convinced that the EMH Mark II was sentient, Doctor Foster argued to not destroy and upgrade the program, but to instead train and retain this program. The EMH Mark II decided to name himself 'Doctor Mark Two' and has been trying to integrate himself into the crew.
Confused, quirky, sometimes temperamental, and terrified of being deactivated, Mark has all the social and emotional experience of a child, paired with the academic and medical knowledge of several adult lifetimes.
Mark Two is fully capable of feeling and understanding emotions. He also has a collection of unusual human memories that he has not yet come to terms with.
Mark strikes most as a wide-eyed innocent with a childlike (and sometimes childish) demeanor and an overwhelming urge to please others and feel accepted.
- Mark Two served the USS Atlantis As a backup medical officer/EMH from 239111.11-239201.25
- He was taken offline for two weeks to receive program upgrades that were overseen by Liani
- Mark now has a portable holoprojector unit which is stored within forcefields inside his holographic form. His core program is stored in a separate mainframe that Liani poetically dubbed 'The Egg.' The Egg is a densely packed bioneural computer unit, 30cm on each side. It is stored in Shar'Wyn Foster's quarters and has it's own personal security field to prevent damage to the circuitry within.
- Mark joined the USS Apollo-A as a civilian in 239202. He had not been approved for any duty due to his eccentric status.
- After heroically (if ill-advisedly) rushing in to save fellow doctor Alize Sorenson from the serial killer Virn Dakrevi, Mark was allowed to transfer to the USS Constitution-B with the rest of the senior staff on 239205.28 where he was reinstated as the ship's primary EMH.
- In 2394 Lieutenant Choi Ji-hu created an external memory bank and power processor that allowed Mark to keep his memories and power source separate from the ship her serves on. This allows him to run independently of the ship's systems. He still uses the ship for projection purposes.