Lieutenant Maddi "Madds" Hyden is currently serving as a Assistant Chief of Security/Tactical aboard the USS Atlantis. She is a shy individual until she knows the individual. She loves a challenge especially in sparring or fighting in general.
|Position||Acting Chief of Security|
|Birthplace||Glencoe Scotland, Earth|
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 120 Lbs
- Hair: Light Brown
- Eyes: Brown
- Build: Athletic
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Keeps correct posture in all that she does mainly due to her athletic training.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Athletic loose jackets and pants, occasionally seen in yoga pants or shirt. Depending on the event, however, she is known to wear dresses on multiple occasions.
- Shoes: Running shoes in most cases, but when on duty she wears combat boots.
- Voice: Soft, Shy Highland Scottish Accent. Very apparent in all of her speech. Voice is smooth and comforting but can be harsh and strict when needed.
- Handedness: Prefers her Left Hand, but is proficient with both.
- Hair Style: Long to Shoulder Length, Always keeps it down.
- Birthmarks, Scars, Tattoos:
- Quarters: A neat room with reminders of Scotland in the room including her bagpipes. A small area for her Martial Art one that she forbids most to even see.
- Favorite Room: Holodeck Program Hyden 6
- Habits: Apologizes when she makes a mistake even when it's just a small one.
- Mannerisms: Raises her voice indicating she is upset or aggravated.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Sparring and spending time in her holodeck programs.
- Likes: Chocolate Milk, The vastness of space, 20th and 21st Century Music, Sherlock Holmes, Scottish Tradition
- Dislikes: Making fun of Traditions, Disrespect to anyone regardless of Rank
- Ambitions and Goals: Hopes to be Chief of Security and Tactical, but eventually wants to be something more at the moment she keeps one goal in front of her.-
- Achievements in Life: 10th Degree Black Belt in Judo, Karate, Jujitsu, Kenpo, and Tai Kwon Do, Recognized by The British Martial Arts and Boxing Association (BMABA)
- Disappointments in Life: Not making more friends at a younger age, Not spending more time with her sister.
- Temperament: Calm and Shy unless provoked by someone wanting to cause a fight.
- Physical Limitations: Her small arms make it hard for her to reach the upper parts of an LCARS display.
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse: Esa Darkkdust
- Father: Dr. Haytham Hyden, Head Warp Core Theorist (Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards)
- Mother: Joyce-Ann Hyden, Composer (Deceased)
- Sister: Joanne Hyden, Temporal Operative
- The two met in their first year at the Academy. The shyness that Maddi had was soon quenched by her instant liking of Esa. They exchanged classes on a few different occasions in their time at the Academy, but Esa came to Maddi for tutoring in multiple classes. On their trip to Deep Space 26, they established they would stick together no matter what happened, a friendship that would last a lifetime. Both being assigned to the USS Atlantis was a shock, but a welcome one, as it meant they were stationed together. They hoped to make a difference on the ship together. After an explosion in the Computer Core of the Atlantis, Esa and Maddi revealed they had feelings for one another. The relationship had turned into more and Maddi was excited for the future with the one person she cared about more than anything.
- Kayla and Maddi bonded in a way most would never imagine. A sparring match that neither of them would ever forget. After that match the two of them became inseprable friends. In the years after, though their relationship was distant they always seemed to contact each other when it mattered most. No one else would or could have been Maddi's Maid of Honor
- The relationship between Jo and Madds started quite unexpectedly they stumbled upon each other in the Academy where Maddi came to see how bad Jo was at hand to hand combat. She suggested training Jo and Jo jumped at the opportunity after she saw Maddi in action. After many sessions where Jo got her butt handed to her many times, she started to improve and Maddi begin to teach her more and more. As Jo was a fourth year Cadet she left before Maddi could finish her training. They became good friends, but lost contact, as Jo's duties kept her from contacting her. They recently reconnected with Maddi excited to start teaching her again and talking to her friend.
Maddi was born in the small town of Glencoe Scotland nestled high in the Scottish Highlands part of Old Britain of Earth from a young age her parents seemed to keep her hidden away from the world. She was their hidden treasure. She never understood why they kept her hidden because her older sister was allowed to go everywhere and they didn’t care. She was left at home alone quite often though she didn't mind the Hyden Residence was a castle that was a marvel of the town. She had a rough childhood one that she kept hidden from everyone, in fact, she has told no one of the personal trauma she has received. The memories that plague her still bother her from time to time. In this time she became very proficient in combat with the Klingon Bat'Leth and D'K Tagh.
The hobbies Maddi picked up were not those typical of a girl her age she became proficient in many different types of Martial Arts, it was one of the things that helped her get through the loneliness of being alone. She became bombarded with request for her to join tournaments and train classes. She agreed and became Team Captain of a group that became one of the most popular in all of the Islands around. Her training was recognized by (BMABA) and she was honored by their highest award.
When Maddi was slightly older her father took her on a trip to see a Starfleet ship he was working on the ship was highly classified the Prometheus class as her father was one of the head Warp Core Theorist in Starfleet his opinion was one Starfleet Command valued. Maddi was overwhelmed when she stepped on the ship there was so much to see and as her father began to show her everything it made her realize she wanted to serve on a Starfleet vessel. The ship was a milestone in Federation Technology and it astounded Maddi at just how much technology was apart of her father's job, in fact, from that day on her relationship with her Father was closer then she had ever expected it to be. The sleek designs of the ship were burned into her memory and because of it, the goal in her mind would become a reality.
As she continued to grow up she learned how to speak English perfectly with no Gallic words, but the accent which she didn’t mind it reminded her of who she was. She researched every ship and station on every Starfleet ship, but she seemed to prefer Security it was her dream to be the head of security and tactical on a ship and maybe eventually a part of a command. A big goal, but one her family was beyond proud of her for even her sister who was part of Temporal Operations in Starfleet so Maddi knew very little of her sister's job, but she was proud of her and loved her more than anything.
The biggest regret Maddi had was not spending time with her mother more, though Maddi loved her mother her relationship with her was strained due to her mother traveling frequently composing for many orchestras all over Earth and beyond. The time Maddi spent with her mom was always short or tense because Maddi wished just once her mother would have invited her to one of her performances. Maddi was overwhelmed with grief when her mother died just as she had begun to study for her Academy entrance exam, as the hate had been built up for so long it was torn down by the overwhelming grief and love Maddi had for her mother.
She studied hard for the Academy entrance exam and passed it being in the top 4% of the class. It was different to be apart of a civilized environment, but she was so happy about the change and her dad was proud of her something she strived for.
During her time in the Academy, she took as many classes as she was permitted it wasn't normal, but in her time there she was asked to help instruct hand to hand combat. Her main classes were Security and Tactical, but through hard work and much dedication she finished the Academy with 2 Majors and 2 Minors an achievement even she was proud of.
She graduated from the Academy on Stardate 239511.19 being commended for her quick thinking in her weapons and hand to hand combat training passing in the top percentile of her entire class. She was in the top percentile to graduate in all classes she had majored in.
She was commissioned to the USS Atlantis on Stardate 239511.20 and became one of the ships Security Officers. As she arrived during shore leave she hasn't completed a mission, but she is currently in a mission.
|Cadet, Fourth Class||239111.05
|Cadet, Third Class||239211.05
|Cadet, Second Class||239311.05|
|Cadet, First Class||239411.05|
|Assistant Chief of Security/Tactical|
|Acting Chief of Security|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|Out of the Ashes Rises A Phoenix||The first time Maddi opened up about her painful past.||Link|
|A Dinner To Remember||Maddi Proposes To Esa||Part 1 |
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History