Lieutenant Junior Grade Lupo is currently assigned to the USS Gorkon as a Mission Specialist.
| Crew of the USS Gorkon
| Lieutenant JG Toni Lupo
- Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Ship: USS Gorkon
- Position: Mission Specialist
- Race: Human
- Gender: Female
- DoB(Age): 236605.05, 33
- Birthplace: Enna, Sicily, Earth
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 145
- Eye color: Green
- Hair Color: Brown
- Telepathic Status: Non-Telepath
- Father: Salvo
- Mother: Abrielle
- Siblings: Lupo
Edit this nav
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
- Full name: Antoinette "Toni" DeSalvo Nel Lupo
- Date of birth (Age): 236605.05, 33
- Species: Human
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'10
- Weight: 145
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Long
- Eye Color: Green
- Skin Tone: Caucasian
- Birthmarks, Scars: She has a cut in the inside of the right upper arm when she fell from the horse
- Build: Tall and well rounded
- Face: Round
- Carriage: Toni always walk fast and makes a bit too large steps for her height.
- Poses: When is bored by the speech she listen tends to lean on the side and have an expression of half-frown.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Academy track suit. It was well made and very comfortable, so Toni made sure she acquired several while still could, before the graduation.
- Shoes: Flip-flops
- Voice: High but gentle and musical. It is obvious from her speech that she is Italian.
- Handedness: Righthanded (her twin sister is lefthanded)
- Quarters: Her quarters are always clean and neat. Living with a twin sister made her - them both take care of their living area, because it may get very bad very soon.
- Favorite Room: Toni and Tea had each their bedrooms which were small with only a bed and closets, but had one room in between those which was their playroom when they were kids and later study. It was a room where the girls could be alone with each other. They were always very close and loved their time alone. There were days when they just sit there in a hug and didn't need to say anything to feel good.
- Habits: Since her fall from the horse when her father brought her very good therapist to help her with pain, she is sleeping with huge horseshoe pillow to support her back. She don't need it any more, but Toni fell in love with it and can't rest on any other pillow - although she found out she don't miss the pillow sleeping outside. She and Tea both love going into the nature and sleep on the open in just sleeping bags or if it's wet or cold in the tent. Toni gave one of those pillows to Colonel Waltas when he was hurt saving T'Lea.
- Temperament: Toni is shy. Many people confuse it with introversion, but she is not comfortable being alone, just don't know how to get among the people and how to start conversations and communication. Because of that she is often lonely and that can lead into depression.
- Favorite time of day: Morning. Toni loves waking up early, starting a day with some kind of exercise, meditating and having long breakfast with reading news. It was something her father was doing regularly, gathering the family for the breakfast and reading them news.
- Mental Problems: She fears being alone, but even more not being loved. Toni actually believes she will never find a love of her life. She is also afraid of failure and every mistake makes her deeply stressed. Another of her big fears is that she will never get free of her overprotective parents.
- Favorite drinks: Toni actually loves trying various drinks, but only when drinking is the aim. With food she will always prefere good wine or if on duty lemon juice. Coffee, that's something she likes anywhere and at any time, only with food she will drink black coffee and with just a little sugar, while otherwise with cream and pretty sweet.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Farm: Toni loved the farm life and she would never chose to leave it if it was not for the pressure of the overprotective parents. Only reason she joined Starfleet was to escape from them.
- Gardening - She loved observing plants reactions to adding water every day against moistening every few days and how change impacted the growth
- Horses - despite her injury, Toni will always love horses and riding especially if it means riding freely through unexplored wilderness.
- Riding - if she can get a horse she surely will have at least one on Til'ahn
- Music - She was not big fan of music. While Tea can do anything while music plays in the background, Toni always needed silence to can concentrate.
- Violin - Tea loved singing and played piano. Violin gave her freedom in playing and it was good instrument to accompany piano and a singer. Toni don't play often, but when she is nervous or stressed she will first grab her Violin and play till she calm down before doing anything.
- Her most favorite is black electric violin with headphones which block all outside sounds and let her hear her playing while nobody else can listen to it.
Toni's favorite electric violin with headphones
- Meditation - Sisters spent years learning how to relax and meditate using "blank mind" meditative technique. Again as in everything else Tea excelled in use of technique fast and tried variations of it, while Toni even now after 7 years have days when can't hold concentration more than 20-25 minutes during an hour of meditation.
- Parents: Salvo and Abrielle - Before their return to Enna, Salvo and Abrielle lived in Rome where they were very good and respected traders for the farming region of the Sicily they descended from. The loss of their beloved firstborn son broke them and forced to return home from Rome. They sold their big house in the ancient city and bought farm from one of the farmers they were selling for, who lived far from everyone else they knew. They hid their life in Rome from Toni and Tea, while kept them as prisoners to make sure they stay protected.
- Siblings: Adrastea DeSalvo Nel Lupo - Tea Lupo
- Spouse: She is too young for that (and always will be according to her parents)
- Children: none
- Chief of Marines - Embassy Duronis II and USS Thunder-A
- Upon arrival to the Thunder-A which was in the middle of the mission, Tyr Waltas was the first member of Command Toni met. Used to hotheaded and rarely nice Academy professors, she was positively surprised. Waltas, the way she knows him is very gentle and warm person. She still don't know of the fight between him and Parker. Toni fell in love with long haired Colonel and when he was injured she told him of her feelings. Toni promised to deal with it, just asked for a friendship.
- Operations Officer - Embassy Duronis II and USS Thunder-A
- Toni don't like bald man... her work with Brell made her somewhat change her mind of it, but not completely. After all Bolians don't really have a choice, they have few thin strands and it is only logical to remove them. In this case it was not bald man, but nice Bolian. Often working together, Toni and Brell grew relationship of deep respect and friendship. Brell saved her when he found her sleeping in the mess hall while she was waiting for the reports to be brought to her to finish them and report to Waltas after the rescue mission. After that they worked often together in preparing ship and keeping it in best possible shape. Toni knows she can always count on his help regardless of the problem she may be in. But real friendship grew among them when they got injured together when holodeck malfunctioned during testing of the Slipstream drive.
- First Officer - Embassy Duronis II and USS Thunder-A
- Toni don't like bald man... period. First encounter with Parker was his arrival to Thunder Bridge calling Waltas "Penguin" and Toni just frowned, deciding to don't like XO.Her feelings for long haired man blinded her for the fact that it may be some kind of a friendship nickname, Parker had for Waltas and even when she learned that Waltas kinda even likes it she still didn't mellow toward the huge man. She somewhat changed her mind seeing him with his baby, but that is still not enough for her to change her mind.
|Captain of her Baby|
Samal Ezra Frazier
- Samal Frazier
- Strategic Operations Officer - Embassy Duronis II and USS Thunder-A
- Toni don't like bald man, I know, it's getting old already... Brell made her change her mind a bit, but person who really made her think of the reasons for her strange dislike was kind Captain. Her work with him and Brell on restoring old Miranda into a useful ship got her to know the man closely and he proved to be very nice and sometimes even playful person. He is trying to always be serious, but Toni made it her duty to make him smile from time to time.
|Cute Strange Vulcan|
- Chief Science Officer - Embassy Duronis II and USS Thunder-A
- Toni met several Vulcans in her life and she hated them all. She is true Italian, always full of raging emotions which lead many of her decisions in life. Vulcans with their coldness were always repulsive to her. This Vulcan was fascinatingly different and Toni enjoyed watching the woman and working with her. Whiskers which T'Mihn invented were incredible pieces of technology and that even more attracted Toni to the Vulcan woman, but last drop was fantastic exo-suit which Toni loves immensely.
- Good doctor seized Toni the day they met. She knew he was gay, but her heart told her to feel free to love. They had hard times, when her tail growth caused lot of pain and complications, but in the end it only strengthened their friendship. After they parted on Avandar, he was the first member of her old crew she called after posting on the Gorkon.
Toni had safe and normal childhood of any girl born and living in the tomato-growing region of Sicily. Her family is famous horse breeders. Both Antoinette and Adrastea were good pupils and both applied to Starfleet Academy. Adrastea changed her mind and after 2 years returned home to work with parents on the manor. Tea was always closest friend Toni had and when sister returned home, always introverted Toni closed even more. Parents hoped Toni will follow her sister, but when she didn't they supported her.
Parent's kept girls under constant surveillance and it was hard on them. Since they never offered any explanation or reason for their behavior girls always felt guilty of something, thinking they deserved it in some way. When they were little they often had friends come to play, but with time, all those started to feel bad playing in their garden since there was always somebody watching over them and there was no freedom to play, freedom to fall to try getting wet, try getting dirty, no freedom to have fun.
Sisters learned to play with each other and find fun in trying to run away from their nannies and teachers. Soon their parents couldn't find a nanny for them anywhere near, because they were "spending" them fast.. or because nannies refused to follow orders.
One of the fun's they had was going into the nearby wolf shelter. The piece of the wood was set for the wolfs to can live in wilderness and train for wildlife, but children were often going in there taking food for the animals who liked that more than hunting. When they were caught, animals were transferred to the other part of the park, but some found way back and under the fence to seek the kids they loved. Toni and Tea had one wolf, they called Grigio for his gray fur. He was moved to far parts of the shelter several times, but was returning and always finding a way to escape the fence. After several years he was sold off world to the zoo. That broke girls heart. Parents bought them both horses and several dogs, but that didn't heal their sorrow.
Still, both of them learned to ride and soon started training for show jumping. Tea was content with stadium jumping, in controlled environment, but Toni wanted more demanding and exciting cross-country discipline. Toni was too young to go into real competition, even her horse was far too young, being only 4 (horse has to be at least 7 years old), but she was training and going into preparatory competitions, till one day when she fell bad during the competition and had sciatic nerve injury.
Toni had long recovery and feared riding for several years after that. Her father brought her great experts to help her with healing, but that fall signed the end of equestrian competitions for both sisters.
That also signed the time when sisters decided to run away from home and the Golden prison in the smart way. They were spending their time learning and both of them passed all the exams with flying colors, finishing schooling 3 years before their peers and joined Starfleet Academy together.
Type of machette Toni favors as dual wield
During the Academy sisters stayed together, helping each other learning and passing exams despite they chose different majors. While she didn't attend all, Toni still listened to lot of classes her sister attended and has good knowledge of psychology, mental techniques and medicine. Same, Tea knows a lot about the engineering and Intelligence. Keeping together as they used to their whole life, they were mostly avoided getting invited to parties and never got into the student life of a campus. While Toni kept unaware, Tea was hurt by the fact. Toni was not as good student and she needed to study much more than Tea. Tea didn't want to tell Toni what really bothers her, but she decided to leave Academy as soon as she passed all the second year exams and return home. Toni was now being alone forced to spend even more time learning, but finished in time and with good grades. When Tea left Toni joined swordfighting group, where she learned some basic techniques and use of the modern cold weapons. Her most favored were double bladed shortsword or dual wield tactical machete.
Few weeks after Toni was posted to Duronis, Tea arrived to the Embassy and requested to be allowed to stay with Toni. Since many members of the crew already had families, Admiral Turner welcomed her to the Duronis. Reason Tea left home and joined her sister was discovery of the reasons thier parents kept them so well protected. They had a son before who vanished one day never to be found.
Violin Tea bought for Toni
During her travel from Earth to Til'ahn, Adrastea stopped briefly on Starbase 118, where she saw very unusual violin, but listening to performer playing it she was sure Toni will love it. Violin was lightweight and easy to hold, so Tea bought it for her sister. Toni loved it and that brought smile on her sister's face.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239112.09
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Current Assignment: USS Gorkon
- Duty Post: Mission Specialist
- Toni's Uniforms
Toni as Engineer on Duronis II Embassy
Toni as Intelligence Officer on USS Avandar
As a Mission Specialist on USS Gorkon
- Toni's ID cards
||Ensign Toni Lupo, when you joined the crew of the embassy you assumed the duties of multiple people with pay grades well above yours. You took on these responsibilities brilliantly and managed to rebuild a ship in the process. Because of your clear ability to assume positions of higher authority, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant (junior grade), with all rights, privileges, and responsibilities that come with this grade.
Awards & Commendations
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
Here's a list of the Awards and Ribbons she'd earned through his years serving in Starfleet
As a 12 years old Toni fell from horse and had back injury and sciatic nerve injury which took several years to heal. She also had deep cut in her right upper arm. She could remove the scar, but decided to keep it as a reminder.
That was the only injury she had before the Starfleet. Complete medical records while serving in Starfleet can be found here.
Toni promised her parents to write regularly and inform them of her life on duty. They knew she is writing Personal Log since childhood and requested if she don't have time for anything else to send those logs to them. She decided to keep the promise, especially since her mother threatened to come and visit her to remind her of it if she fail to send them for too long. Logs Toni sent to her parents are a bit different than the actual ones, but similar in most part.