Revision as of 09:04, 2 June 2018 by Sky Blake (Adding categories)
Ensign Lucien Landau is a Tactical/Security officer on the USS Gorkon.
- Full Name: Lucien Landau ('Terranised'. Born: Lu-Shen)
- Race: Miradorn
- Date of Birth: 236112.11
- Place of Birth: Landau Province, Mirador III
- Age: 32
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: Effectively Nil (telepathic link with his now-deceased brother, but no other ability).
- Height: 6ft 5inch
- Weight: 285lbs
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Mid-back
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: Pale, chalky.
- Birthmarks, Scars: None noticeable.
- Build: Bulky, mosty muscle.
- Carriage: Walks slightly slouched. Rarely runs unless absolutely necessary, but is a powerful - if not fast - runner when the occasion demands. Nicknamed 'The Moving Mountain Of Mirador' in the Academy.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Very reserved. Greys, browns or dark greens, baggy clothing usually including a large black leather trenchcoat.
- Shoes: Long black leather boots, unless they'd be really, really inappropriate on an away mission, where he'll wear more reserved boots.
- Voice: Gruff, gravely. Usually far louder than intended. More eloquent than you'd expect.
- Handedness: Right, except for bat or racquet sports (which he rarely participates in) when he inexplicably plays left-handed.
- Quarters: A complete mess, usually. Only uses them to sleep in.
- Favourite Place Aboard Ship: The bar, though he's not a heavy drinker. He just likes the games and conversation.
- Habits: Never seems to finish one thing before starting another, often appears to daydream when roaming about the ship.
- Mannerisms: Plays with his hair when bored or deep in thought. Often taps incessantly on a console when waiting for it to do something, or for something to happen..
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: No real religious beliefs, but often names the Gods of his homeworld, Mi-dorn and Ra-dorn in phrases, following the human tendency to do so ("for God's sake...", "what in God's name are you doing?!" etc). There is no stigma attached to this on Mirador III as there sometimes is on Earth.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Reading old folk tales from Terran, Klingon and other cultures. His favourites involve war and destruction, and as such he has a keen interest in Terran Norse mythology and Klingon folklore above others he has so far encountered.
- Likes: Stories, sarcasm, fun and laughter (but only when off-duty, though even on duty he is often still very sarcastic).
- Dislikes: Telepaths, greatly. Or rather, their abilities. Not necessarily the people themselves. Also dislikes people who remain stoic and up-tight even when they're off duty. For these reasons, Vulcans usually aren't his favourite people at all, though he doesn't let this have a detrimental affect on him when he's on duty with them. One he recently picked up: EV Suits. They may well save his life, but if his hair gets in his face he can do nothing other than fruitlessly try to blow it out of his eyes. Unacceptable!
- Ambitions and Goals: To exact revenge upon the Jem'Hadar who killed his brother. This seems more of a pipe-dream, due to the fact he has no idea of the name of the Jem'Hadar that fired the shot, and they all look the same to him.
- Achievements in Life: Graduating Starfleet Academy.
- Disappointments in Life: Watching his brother get shot in the back of the head right in front of his eyes was fairly disappointing.
- Temperament: Usually rational and calm, but uneasy around telepaths, due to his 'secret'. As a Miradorn he is known to have somewhat of a hot temper at times, but if other people are scared of him because he's a Miradorn, that's fine with him. He doesn't really fit the stereotype at all, but it's something he often uses to his advantage.
- Mental problems: His telepathically-linked but deceased brother often contacts him telepathically. He is unsure whether this is real, or he's just imagining it as a way to remember him.
- Physical Limitations: Nothing noteworthy. A very slight limp from a childhood wound to his hip, but it's barely noticeable most of the time.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Tu-Shen, deserted Mirador III at the outbreak of the Dominion War, after trying and failing to start a rebel faction opposed to the pact with the Dominion. After several years of aimlessly travelling through space scavenging, applied for asylum at Starbase 118 when Lu-Shen was accepted into the academy. Tu-Shen is one of the 10% of Miradorn born without a telepathically-linked twin.
- Mother: Shen-Jae, was a humble seamstress on Mirador III before the Dominion War broke out and her husband dragged her away from the quiet life to roam the stars.
- Siblings: Ju-Shen, telepathically-linked twin brother. Killed by an unknown Jem'Hadar during his family's flight from Mirador III.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238504.13
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Gorkon
- Duty Post: Tactical/Security Officer
Awards & Commendations
- 236112.11: Lu-Shen and his twin Ju-Shen are born in Landau Province, Mirador III.
- Late 2373: Tu-Shen, upon hearing of the proposed non-aggression pact between the Dominion and the Miradorn and realizing what it effectively means for his race, attempts to organize a rebellion. This falls flat on its face and he and his family are forced to vacate the planet. Before they're able to board their father's trading vessel, the twins are both struck by Jem'Hadar energy weapons. Although Lu-Shen survived a relatively minor wound to the hip, Ju-Shen was struck in the back of the head and killed instantly.
- 2374-2380: Over the following six years, Tu-Shen and his family travelled through the beta quadrant, trying to stay out of the way and scavenge - but not steal - goods for trade. Unlike most Miradorn who lose their link-brothers, who generally become wholly fixated on revenge and avenging their fallen sibling, Lu-Shen became deeply depressed and unsociable for several years. Perhaps a combination of the anonymity of his brother's actual killer removing the lightning-rod for his wrath, combined with his young age (12 at the time) and his father's lack of experience to guide him through the difficult time he faced (he didn't have a twin, so couldn't fully comprehend the significance of losing one) made Lu-Shen's teenage years more difficult than most. He's still never gotten over his brother's death, but does not have the bloodlust that most Miradorn link-brothers have.
- Circa 2378: At some point during his later teenage years, Lu-Shen begins hearing his brother's voice again, telepathically. He is unable to ascertain whether these are phantom thoughts created to paper over the huge hole in his life left by his brother's death - a sort of invisible friend, as it were - or if some part of his brother still lives inside him. Lu-Shen decides to keep this development to himself, to avoid being labelled insane, however this could be difficult in the federation, with Betazoids and other telepaths and empaths around him.
- 238103.21: Upon arrival at Starbase 118 to sell goods Lu-Shen, now 20 years old, applies for a place at Starfleet Academy under the assumed name Lucien Landau, citing a need for stability and direction in his life. His decision to change his name stems from a wish to disassociate himself with his Miradorn roots, shunning their violent and quarrelsome reputation, just like his parents.
- 238104.13: Upon their son's acceptance, majoring in Security with a Tactical minor, Lu-Shen's parents apply for asylum at Starbase 118, and are now happily living out their time as the proprietors of Shen's Clothing Emporium, selling Shen-Jae's home-made clothing.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History