- Current Rank: Ensign
- Duty Post: Engineering Officer
- Current Vessel:
- Date Assigned: 238104.05
- Species: Terran
- Gender: Female
- Date of Birth: Stardate 235612.13
- Place of Birth: Haikou, China, Asian Continent, Earth
- Hair Color: black - mid-back length,
- Eye Color: brown
- Height: 5'8
- Mother: Jaclyn Liang (65), living with husband in Liverpool, England
- Father: Jing-Quo Liang (73), cafe owner, living in Liverpool, England
- Siblings: Meiying Lansky (27), married to Keenan Lansky (33), CEO of Rydens Shipping Company
- Spouse: Single
- Children: None
Rachel complains that she wasn’t born into more interesting circumstances. She was three years old when her family moved from Haikou, China, to Liverpool, England where her father and mother had bought a small café. Rachel and her older sister, Meiying, lived in a small apartment over the café with their parents and maternal grandmother, Lindsay Flann.
She always found technology to be highly entertaining – where the rest of the people around her were content to just use the machinery around the café, Rachel was determined to find out how it worked. She frequently got in trouble for leaving a mess of parts around the house.
When she was just beginning grade school, Jaclyn and Jing-Quo began to take an interest in Rachel’s abilities. Rachel was, in effect, an oddity to them. Meiying, their eldest daughter, was content to stay at home and play with dolls, but Rachel was determined to get her hands into everything she saw. Lindsay, Jaclyn’s mother, was the first to notice that Rachel seemed to have heightened reflexes and visual acuity, so she took it upon herself to make sure that her granddaughter’s abilities were sharpened and polished. Rachel was placed in a school for the gifted and remained in that environment for her entire education, through high school.
Rachel always knew she wanted to join Starfleet, and she worked hard from a young age to get good enough to apply to the Academy.
Determined to make it through without too much financial help from her well-to-do parents, she worked two part-time jobs while taking courses. Somehow or another, she managed to get through, but just barely. She was notorious for her late night studying.
Both of her parents supported her decision to join Starfleet, and her decision to pay for it on her own. Subsequently, her relationship with her parents is close.
- Skills: ballet, languages (fluent in Cardassian, Chinese, and Vulcan), passed weapons-training at the Academy with flying colors
- Hobbies: Her true love is oil painting, while she also enjoys reading older literature and listening to classical music.
- Temperament: Rachel is ambitious and outgoing. She is a very determined woman, intent on accomplishing anything she sets her mind to and making sure that she does it to the best of her ability. As such, she has a tendency to step on toes from time to time, and can come across as a little rough around the edges. She is very self-confident, though rarely prideful, and has loads of leadership potential, which she frequently uses regardless of rank. She is extremely intelligent and dislikes judgmental people with a unique passion. She can come across as manipulative and disorganized, definitely domineering, and especially tough on her subordinates. She is a reactive woman; she tends to be easy-going, but when she's set off, she's definitely set off. Very impulsive - tends to get herself into situations that are over her head (though she'd be the last one to admit it). However, Rachel is a friendly individual - her enthusiasm is usually set at a fairly high level - that looks out for those around her; extremely loyal. She tends to earn the respect of the people around her, not only because her determination and intelligence, but also due to her passionate and caring nature.
Attended Starfleet Academy; attended Starfleet Command School; attended Cadet Cruise; promoted to Ensign
- Previous Ships Served On: USS Paladin
- Awards Received: none
- Groups: Retired
- Ensign: 238104.05
- Lieutenant JG:
- Lt. Commander:
- Fleet Captain:
- Rear Admiral:
- Vice Admiral:
- Fleet Admiral: