Marine SAR Operations
Corporal Kestrel Cagliari is a marine assigned to the Search & Rescue Operations team aboard the USS Drake.
- Full Name: Abbigail Kestrel Cagliari
- Note: She hates her first name and thus always goes by Kestrel.
- Race: Terran
- Current Rank: Corporal
- Current Assignment: USS Drake
- Duty Post: Marine SAR Ops
- Primary Military Specialty: Recon
- Secondary Military Specialty: Pilot
- Nickname: Cags
- Date of Birth: 236108.25
- Place of Birth: Cape Town, South Africa
- Age: 27
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: NIL
- Height: 165.1 cm (5'5")
- Weight: 58.06 kg (128 lbs)
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Green
- Build: Solid; Fit
- Scars: Jagged, V-shaped scar on her left cheek/jawline, ending at the corner of her left eye
- Tattoo: Full sleeve tattoo on left arm, which includes the juxtaposition of various fearsome creatures and flowers.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): T-shirts and cargo pants.
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: Daughter, name unknown
- Father: Fenimore Edward Cagliari
- Mother: Rachael Sherice Cagliari (deceased)
- Siblings: Ellington Finch Cagliari, brother (deceased); Noreena Sparrow Cagliari (sister)
Cagliari is, quite frankly, not suited to being part of a team. She is stubborn, abrasive and frequently rude to the people around her. She may have an undiagnosed mental condition, as her ability to distinguish between right and wrong does not appear to be fully developed.
At the age of fifteen, Cagliari gave birth to a daughter. It was pre-arranged that the child would be put up for adoption. Cagliari never saw the child -- all she knows is that it was a girl.
There is a history of violence in the Cagliari family. Ellington -- Kestrel's brother -- was involved in the black market narcotics trade and was killed in a territorial dispute with a rival organization. Their father, Fenimore, is currently in prison for manslaughter in the death of his wife, Kestrel's mother.
Entry into the Starfleet Marines was not entirely by Cagliari's own choice. Facing jail time for grand theft auto at age 18, Cagliari was brought before a judge who favoured rehabilitation over incarceration -- she was given the option of going to jail or enlisting.
Cagliari has shown courage under fire in several instances, which have resulted in her working her way up from the rank of Private to her current rank of Marine Sergeant. Her abilities in the field have allowed her to advance despite personal and attitude issues that would have otherwise seen her passed over for promotion.
Though her professional record shows a brave young woman, it also reflects a troubled one - she currently has three official reprimands on her record for drunk & disorderly conduct. The most recent reprimand occurred as a result of a bar brawl on Deep Space 17 just prior to Cagliari's official transfer to the USS Tiger.
Demoted from Sergeant back to Corporal due to repeated insubordination and unprofessional behaviour.