Lieutenant Commander Kero Rix is currently serving as an Operations Officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
|Full Name||Kero Rix|
|Birthplace||Janitza Mountains, Bajor|
- Height: 6'2"
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Hair Length: Tidy and Short
- Eyes: Dark Brown
- Build: Athletic, Bulky
- Telepathic Rating: T0/E0
- Likes: Quiet evenings, good books, strong jin'sarra, has a thing for good bread.
- Dislikes: Loud parties, religion, carrots, wind chimes.
- Hobbies: Reading, archaeology and history, the wilderness,
- Demeanor: Generous, genuine, logical and rebellious (when rules get in the way).
- Rix is a hardworking individual, who would rather run himself into the ground and lose sleep than fail to deliver the results he said he would.
- Feet firmly planted on the ground, he makes clear and rational decisions based on facts rather than feelings.
- He can be stubborn, sometimes insensitive, and judgemental of those who remain willfully ignorant of presented facts.
- Shoulders responsibility for his teams, unreasonably blaming himself when things don't go to plan.
- Possesses a deeply committed and reliable heart, with a strong and quiet determination.
Family and Friends
A long time ago, on a planet really not very far away, the grandchild of Iana III of the Tyrellian Royal Family collided with Rix as he walked through his home in the Bajoran diasporas of Palanon. Flash communication and a heap of misunderstanding later, Rix found himself being a point of contact for the Tyrellian noble during her volunteering exploits in the diaspora. She's energetic and sociable, easygoing and enthusiastic for life that sucks in everyone around her like a vortex of positivity. Rix enjoys spending time with her, either in various states of chaos or seeking out somewhere to get lost, and missed her incredibly when he went to the Academy. Not that he'd ever tell her that.
When the Kero family were chased from their home of the Janitza Mountains on Bajor, Nali managed to secret Rix from the planet on a cargo ship headed for Tyrellian space. Unsure of what they would find there, Nali placed her life and that of her nephew in the hands of the trader. There are memories from that time she does not talk about; there is more underneath her bubbly and lively personality than she ever wants to mine. She keeps a healthy home, is heavily involved with the religious practices on Palanon for the Bajoran sector, and wishes to live a long and happy life.
Raised by his religiously devoted Aunt on Palanon, Rix is the displaced orphan son of Bajoran war veterans killed during the conflict in the Operation of Bajor. As a child, his aunt evacuated with him from their home in the Janitza Mountains of Bajor into the Federation, claiming asylum from the Federation world of Palanon, part of the Tyrellian homeworld system. The trauma inflicted in the incident had a profound effect on Rix, culminating in an inability to integrate with those of his own age, and getting into fights in the diaspora schools. Nali enrolled him in private tuition, and although he did poorly, they found Rix had a natural ability for logistics and organisational operations.
His youth and adulthood can be described as tumultuous. Finding little meaning in his new Tyrellian home and feeling the fallout of the war on his shoulders, Rix found his outlet in rebelling in ways he could get away with. He rejected the ideals of the Prophets and the central Bajoran belief system, choosing instead to refute that element of his upbringing in favour of serving his fellow Bajorans in the diasporas. Applying his ability to organise, Rix ran the local programs to rebuild, learning traditional Bajoran methods of carpentry.
It was there he met Thea Kairis, on a volunteering program. The two become fast friends.
Upon graduating from the Bajoran University in 2392, Rix makes the decision to apply to Starfleet Academy and leaves the same year for San Francisco.
|Starfleet Service Record
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History