Lieutenant (j.g.) Joseph Cormalen, a Terran, is currently Ops Officer aboard the Challenger-A.
|Joseph Cormalen - Ops Officer
- Height: five feet eleven inches
- Weight: 178 pounds
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short, almost crew-cut
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Lightly tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: one birthmark, an enlarged freckle, on the back of his wrist
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None.
- Build: Slightly smaller than medium build
- Face: open, warm and cheery
- Eyes: Normal set, round eyes. Kind and rounded eyebrows
- Mouth: average
- Arms: somewhat toned
- Legs: Somewhat toned
- Carriage: Walks with purpose, always seems to be somewhere he needs to get. A slightly faster than average gait.
- Poses: has a tendency to stand at light attention when at ease
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): A simple t-shirt and shorts because he finds the climate on starships a little warm, temperate.
- Shoes: size 9
- Voice: deep, yet not very deep.
- Handedness: Left.
- Quarters: A picture of his brother adorns the Starfleet-issue coffee table and an old Earth trombone stands in a stasis field at the left corner of his living room area. A golden medal and his honors in helm control are on a shelf on the left wall. Other, than that, the room is basically furnished.
- Favorite Room: Bedroom
- Mannerisms: Always looks as though he is lost in thought, which he usually is.
- Physical Limitations: cannot bench-press more than 120.
- Temperment: A very nice man, patient and understanding.
- Habits: Always touches his trombone as he leaves his room, believes it brings him good luck.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Believes and follows old Earth Christian religion.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Trombone- Joseph likes to play his trombone any chance he gets. He was in the Academy band and has enjoyed playing the trombone his entire life.
- Three-Dimensional Chess- Joseph started playing three dimensional chess to keep his mind sharp, and now he thoroughly enjoys it.
- Rubik's Cube- Strangely enough, if you're looking for a Rubik's Cube in the twenty-fourth century, you need not look any further than Joseph's room!
Likes and Dislikes
- Socializing- Joseph loves to socialize with crew members, Civilians- pretty much anyone who'll reply!
- Swimming- When Joseph was young, he, his brother and his sister loved to go swimming, and the feeling has stayed with him.
- Perogies- For some reason, Joseph has always loved perogies.
- Fire- Joseph has a pathological fear of fire.
- Cake and sweets- Joseph doesn't like cake much. Or chocolate, for that matter.
- Rudeness- Joseph hates to see people being rude, either to him or to someone else.
Ambitions and Goals
Joseph wants to become captain of a starship one day- as long as the ship's mission is one of exploration and discovery. He doesn't want to command a warship, since he is personally nonviolent. He also wants to become more well known on the trombone.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
- Helm Control Award- Joseph sees the the Helm Control Award as a definite achievement.
- Musical Proficiency Award- Joseph got a medal in school for his love of the trombone.
- Acceptance and Graduation at the Academy- Joseph sees this as one of the greatest achievements of his life.
- His Brother's Death- Joseph has held himself personally responsible for his brother's death, since he died saving Joseph.
- Marital Status: Single
Paul Cormalen: Paul was born on a farm similar to the one that the family lived in in Joseph's youth. He grew up managing the farm with his father and two brothers. His sisters and mother worked on the day to day chores such as milking the cows and churning the butter. The family always felt that doing things the older way was more natural, thus better, for children. Paul met Alana Forrer, his future wife, on a visit into the town. They started to meet more often and were eventually wed on June 7, 2360.
Alana Forrer: Alana grew up in the small town of Haliburton, where the people had insisted on keeping the town small, and, thanks to the weather protection grid, peaceful. There were farms out around the area, and Alana had always dreamed of living on a farm. She didn't quite understand how much work was involved then. She met Paul when he came into the town, and it was basically love at first sight. Paul never wanted to leave farming, so Alana jumped right into it after their honeymoon and worked in the house. The family was very happy when the three children came into the world.
Mackenzie Cormalen: Mackenzie was born in 2361 to Paul and Alana Cormalen. He was beginning to learn how to work when Joseph was born. Mackenzie was exhilirated to have a sibling, and a close bond appeared between the brothers. The boys would spend hours playing in the barn and the fields, as well as with their younger sister Karen. Once Mackenzie had graduated from high school, he applied to the Academy and was accepted. However, a year later he died in a fire at his home while dragging Joseph out.
Karen Norand: Karen was born in 2366 to Paul and Alana Cormalen. She was their third and last child. When she wasn't helping her mother work on the farm, she was out and about playing with her brothers. She decided not to go into Starfleet, and instead went to become a teacher. While in Toronto at university, she met Samuel Norand. They fell for each other and they were married in 2384.
Introductory text about the character's personal history. Should be at least 5-10 lines. You can give an abbreviated timeline below, if you so desire.
- 232001.01: Event.
- 232001.02: Event, etc.
- Date Graduated from Academy: October 15, 2386 (stardate 238608.15)
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Challenger NCC-12886
- Duty Post: Operations Officer
Awards & Commendations
- Starfleet Academy Award for Outstanding Helm Control: September 14, 2383.
StarFleet Assessments and Records
Joseph Aratin Cormalen was born in Port Perry. Sister born in 2366. Brother died in fire when Joseph was 16. Applied and was accepted into the Academy at 18. Earned a commendation for outstanding helm control. Went on cadet cruise in 2385. Currently serving aboard the USS Challenger.
- 236308.15: Joseph Aratin Cormalen is born.
- 236609.07: Alana Forrer is born.
- 237907.23: Mackenzie Cormalen dies.
- 238008.27: Joseph applies and is accepted to academy.
- 238309.14: Earns Starfleet Academy Award for Outstanding Helm Control.
- 238509.07-238606.27: Cadet Cruise.
- 238610.23-Now: Serving onboard USS Challenger NCC-12886.
Joseph works in the Operations office most of the time, and only on rare occasions on the bridge. He likes to keep his workstation tidy, partially because he has to, partially because he wants to. He shares a workstation with a fellow operations officer, and their work usually coincides. it a moderately sized cubicle, and Joseph feels comfortable in it.
Joseph has no subordinates at this time.