|StarBase 118 Ops|
Lieutenant JG Theran Jos, an Andorian, is currently a neurosurgeon aboard the StarBase 118 Ops.
- Full Name: Theran Alden lin'Jos
- Race: Andorian
- Date of Birth: 236308.14
- Place of Birth: Northern Thaaran Plains, Andor
- Age: 29
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 5'-11" / 1.8m
- Weight: 162lbs / 73.4k
- Hair Color: white
- Length of Hair: short, brushed back in a fashionable style
- Eye Color: blue
- Skin Tone: blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: Has a small Risian symbol tattooed in a place one could only see in the bedroom.
- Build: medium
- Appearance: Tall and lean, Theran has a slightly roguish appearance that makes him remind people of a ‘laid back rock star’ in a Starfleet uniform. He has perfected the ability to hide his inner feelings and almost always wears an arrogant smirk; if not a catty grin.
- Carriage: usually upright, confident
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Light, airy, comfortable - he takes from the current fashion on Risa
- Voice: Soft, smooth, faintly lisping
- Handedness: left
- Quarters: Neat and tidy. Theran furnishes his quarters with a mixture of traditional Andorian furniture and an eclectic collecting of comfortable things he has picked up on his travels.
- Favorite Room: Any room with a pool.
- Habits: Enjoys early morning workouts, drinks too much raktajino and loves riling people up with a well timed smirk.
- Mannerisms: Sharp in his movements, he is intelligent and haughty.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: He is heavily devoted to his family.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Theran is a fan of many outdoor sports - both warm and cold weather ones. He especially favors showboarding. He's also very interested in sailing, both on water and in space.
- Likes: Raktajino, dancing, pool parties, good drinks, loud music, outdoor sports, Risa
- Dislikes: People without a sense of humor, chaos, threats of physical violence
- Ambitions and Goals: become the director of a large Starfleet medical facility
- Achievements in Life: Becoming a neurosurgeon
- Disappointments in Life: None so far, though he wishes he could find a wife and settle down.
- Temperment: Charming, personable and arrogant, Theran strikes people as something of a bad-boy 'devil-may-care' personality. Though underneath a very thick skin a select few find he's quite a tender and compassionate individual.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Unreported, but Dr. Jos struggles with feelings of insecurity and cowardice, especially when faced with physical conflict.
- Physical Limitations: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None yet
- Father: Arjan Jos, 54, Neurosurgeon
- Mother: Charrana Jos, 51, Botanist
- Siblings: None
Theran Jos is the slightly spoiled only child of Dr. Arjan Jos, a noted Andorian neurosurgeon.
By Andorian tradition, many of the lower class clans separated families into various 'job' skillsets. The Jos family started out some centuries ago as rural veterinarians, developing surgical skills as technology progressed. When Theran's great-great-great grandfather Aerthan developed a theory using cryotechnology in surgery for a common digestive issue seen in the cave dwelling bovines that fed the clan, his son Mikan expanded and refined the idea, bringing it into the cities and offering it for review from the high clansmen. It cemented the Jos family as surgeons for generations.
Theran grew up on the family homestead for the first 11 years of his life, surrounded by his parents and grandparents (his grandfather also a surgeon) and visited by his aunts and uncles (many of them also doctors). He knew from a very young age he would be a medic, and he excelled at his early studies in the field. When he was 11, his father was offered a prestigious position on Starbase 12, stationed at Risa. They lived in a lovely home on the most relaxing and pleasurable planet in the galaxy, a move which cemented Theran's charmingly arrogant demeanor. He stayed strong in all aspects of his medical training, and was easily accepted into Starfleet Academy.
Theran had a bit of trouble adjusting to the Academy, coming from the relaxed attitude of Risa. Some of his classmates derided him, calling him an 'Andorisian' which he countered with humor and occasionally underhanded threats. He won the respect of his classmates through his medical skills and his ability to find the best party in town at any given moment. While he excelled at medicine and his specialty of neurosurgery, Theran Jos never challenged himself in his general education or leadership classes - which resulted in a highly trained but narrowly focused individual. He specifically requested placement on a Starbase or large medical complex to avoid away team situations and leadership roles.
But living on a Starbase means Theran Jos can't stay in his safe zone forever. Only time will tell how he handles it...
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238806.17
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Current Assignment: StarBase 118 Ops
- Duty Post: Medical Officer - specialty surgery (Neurosurgeon)
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History