|Full Name||Jenna Velanis D'Soni|
|Position||Chief of Security and Tactical|
Jenna D'Soni is the Chief of Security and Tactical aboard the USS Garuda.
- Height: 1.73m (5'8'')
- Build: Lean, athletic
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Length of Hair: Long
- Eye Colour: Black
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: None usually visible
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
Jenna lives in a world of ideas and strategic planning. She values intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and continuously strives to fulfill her high standards in this regard. To a somewhat lesser extent, she similar expectations of others. Her energy is focused on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities from those observations. She is constantly gathering information, making associations and is very quick to understand new ideas. However, her primary interest is not fully understanding a concept, but applying that concept in a useful way.
Jenna dislikes messiness and inefficiency, as well as anything that is muddled or unclear. She values clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating her insights into structured patterns. She has tremendous insight into the Big Picture, and is driven to synthesize her concepts into solid plans of action.
She spends a lot of time inside her own mind, and often has little interest in other people's thoughts or feelings, and frequently struggles with intimacy. When she does feel affection or regard for others, she does not typically feel the need to show it. As a result, she often seen as aloof and reserved, a situation compounded by her Vulcan upbringing. She is often quick to make and express judgements, convinced she is right about things, only grudgingly accepting her own errors with presented with evidence.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- HOBBY: ++Coming Soon++
Likes and Dislikes
- Vulcan spice tea: The favoured beverage of her favourite tutor.
- Klingons: Born and serving in Starfleet during the cold war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, Jenna has seen the very worst side of their species and struggles with the idea that the two powers are now allies.
Ambitions and Goals
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
- Marital Status: Single
- Number of children: None
- Mother: T'Sai
- Father: Jonas D'Soni (deceased)
- Brother: Solek.
Jenna was born on Betazoid, nearly 160 years ago. Both of her parents were diplomats, who worked closely together. She was never told the exact details of their relationship or the events that led to her conception, except to be told by her mother that "it was an accident".
She was raised on Betazed for her early years, until her father died from a then-incurable motor neurone disease. Her mother assumed her care, bringing her to Vulcan and raising her as she would a fully Vulcan child. The transition from the openly emotional Betazed society to the completely repressed Vulcan one was difficult, and Jenna struggled for many years to fit in. When she reached maturity, she made the decision to join Starfleet. It was suspected by many, but never openly stated by her, that she considered it an escape from the strict expectations and requirements of Vulcan.
|Ensign||225607 - 225406||USS sh'Rothress||Engineering Officer|
|Lieutenant (JG)||235406 - 235604|
|Lieutenant||235604 - 235802||USS Saratoga||Assistant Chief Engineer|
|235802 - 239003||IN STASIS|
|239003 - 239005||Starbase 118 Academy||Update Training|
|239005 - 239010||USS Mercury||Engineer|
|239010 - 239012||Assistant Chief Engineer|
|239012 - 239206||USS Garuda|
|239206 - 239306||Starfleet Academy||Student - Advanced Tactical Training|
|239306 - 239412||USS Bowser||Assistant Chief of Security/Tactical|
|239412 - Present||USS Gorkon||Interim Chief of Security/Tactical|
Commendations and Decorations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- 223103.15: Born on Betazed.
- 225109.03: Enters Starfleet Academy on the Engineering track, age 21.
- 225606.17: Graduates from Starfleet Academy, age 25
- 239003.15: Awakens on the USS Saratoga after over 100 years in stasis. Rescued by the crew of the USS Mercury.
- 239005.07: Assigned to the USS Mercury as an engineer, after training to update her skill base.
- 239010.19 : Promoted to Assistant Chief Engineer.
- 239012.25: Reassigned to the USS Garuda.
- 239206.19: After career counselling, Jenna attends Starfleet's Advanced Tactical Training, with a view to changing career paths.
- 239306.21: Graduates from the course, assigned to the USS Bowser as Assistant Chief of Security/Tactical.
- 239412.15: Assigned to the USS Gorkon as Acting Chief of Security/Tactical.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History