1st LT Matthew Jemeth, a Human, is currently a Marine aboard the USS Excalibur-A.
- Full Name: Matthew William Jemeth
- Nickname: Matt
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: May 10th, 2366
- Place of Birth: Tampa, Florida, Earth
- Age: 26 Years Old
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: N/A
- Height: 6'0"
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Skin Tone: Tanned
- Identifying Marks: Scarring around right shoulder, ending abruptly where an artificial arm and shoulder have been attached.
- Build: Athletic
- Carriage: Varies depending on mood and on/off-duty status. While on-duty, he carries himself with military precision. While off-duty, his stride is more relaxed.
- Poses: A majority of the time, his stance is the same as his on-duty stride; precise. When standing, he'll usually be in the military 'at ease' stance. Occasionally, he will actually relax and look like a normal person again.
- Off Duty Clothing: Jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt.
- Shoes: Either tied shoes or boots.
- Tone/Voice: Tenor
- Handedness: Originally, right handed. Has learned to be ambidextrous.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Father: Alexander Jemeth, Construction Foreman
- Mother: Olivia (Daniels) Jemeth, Teacher
- Older Sister: Haley Jemeth, Civilian Doctor
- Younger Brother: Ensign Martin Jemeth, U.S.S. Honshu
- Uncle: Captain Caleb Daniels, Starfleet (Retired)
Hobbies and Interests
Much of Matt's free time is spent training for whatever challenge might come next, either working out to maintain his physical condition or practicing a new combat technique. While he is no bodybuilder, he recognizes that his job hinges on his ability to aid his team in their next mission.
At other times, Matt can be found sitting new a viewport reading a good book.
Matt's early life in Tampa was fairly relaxed, filled with joining forces with his older sister to pick on their younger brother, wreaking minor havoc at his father's work sites, or causing chaos in his mother's classes. The occasional highlights came when his uncle came by to visit, giving the kids stories of his missions with Starfleet. Matt greatly looked up to his uncle, wanting to learn all he could of the man's life in space.
A dream come true came when Matt's uncle invited him to San Francisco to visit Starfleet Headquarters. Finally, Matt had the opportunity to see in person one of the places he'd heard so much about. It was the closing months of the Dominion War, and Starfleet Headquarters was a hotbed of activity. While his uncle could not show him everything, Matt still got a better tour than most.
Unfortunately, their visit coincided with the Breen's entry into the war and their surprise attack on Earth. Several ground installations were hit, a few deemed important enough for the Breen to send ground forces in to spread further chaos. Starfleet Headquarters was one of those locations, Matt and his uncle finding themselves in the middle of the action. Matt's uncle was held captive, Matt hiding close by. Security forces responded, but it became clear to Matt that they didn't know what to do. Matt knew that if he didn't act, his uncle wouldn't make it out of the situation alive. Matt grabbed a nearby piece of debris and attacked the Breen forces from behind, giving security the distraction they needed to move in.
Matt's gambit succeeded; his uncle came out with only minor injuries. Matt, however, took a devastating shot to his right shoulder. The arm could not be saved. Matt felt it a fair trade off; family was always worth self-sacrifice.
What followed was a long time of recovery and adaptation. He was fitted out for an artificial limb. The initial arms he used were strap on. As he was still growing, it made little sense to hard-mount one to him. The first arm was the most difficult for him, as he needed to relearn everything that had once been natural. Never wanting to be limited by his limbs again, Matt took the time to train his left arm to do all the tasks he was relearning with his right.
After high school graduation, Matt received his final, permanently installed limb. He'd long known what he wanted to do with himself once that happened; take steps to ensure what happened to him never happened to anyone else. He also knew he wanted to take a more direct role in that task, take the fight to whatever enemy came at them next. For that role, the Starfleet Marine Corps seemed the most appropriate.
Matt's right arm, to include the shoulder joint, is a ruggedized prosthetic hard mounted to his body. It is covered by a layer of synthetic skin giving it the appearance and feel of a normal human limb. While the lay has some give to it, one pressing into the skin will quickly feel the limb's hard shell underneath. The skin also includes sensors for tactile sensation, heat, and cold, though does not include pain receptors.
The shell is constructed from duranium alloy, affording high durability for use in a combat environment. It has been theorized that he could stop a bladed weapons with it without causing damage to the underlying circuitry.
For the most part, the shell is filled with the arm's control systems, structure, servos, and a regenerating power supply. It's upper arm portion includes a small toolkit, consisting of a small scanner and four miniaturized tools, for conducting field repairs.
The arm gives Matt enhanced strength and speed for short durations, limited by the arm's power supply regeneration rate. His overall arm strength is limited by the strength of its bonds to his body. While they are stronger than human bone and ligaments, if they break in the field they cannot be repaired until Matt returns to the ship. Therefore, his overall arm strength is limited to half-again human norms. His grip strength, which does not have the same limitation, has been measured to be at least twice human normal.
- 236605.10: Matthew is born in Tampa, Florida
- 237509.26: Breen attack on Earth.
- 238607.01: Matthew joined Starfleet Marine Corp.
- 239107.01: Matthew is assigned to USS Excalibur-A.
- Date Joined Starfleet Marine Corps: July 1st, 2386
- Current Rank: 1st Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Excalibur-A
- Duty Post: Marine
Awards & Commendations
- None At This Time
|NPC Listing · USS Excalibur-A Crew Manifest · Crew History