|Ambassador Torvan Jedan|
- Full Name: Torvan Jedan
- Race: Trill
- Date of Birth: 234504.19
- Place of Birth: Leran Manev, Trill
- Age: 45
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: N/A
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 170lbs
- Hair Color: Brown with streaks of gray.
- Length of Hair: Medium, parted in the center.
- Eye Color: Light Brown
- Skin Tone: Medium tan
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Medium Build
- Face: Oval with High Pronounced Cheekbones
- Eyes: Slightly Sunken ringed with some redness due to Vulcan Sunshine.
- Mouth: Thin Lips, usually pronounced downward when in a neutral expression.
- Voice: Deep Voice, but very friendly and accepting tone.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Very neat.
- Favorite Room: Living Room, which he has decorated to help facilitate meditation.
- Habits: Does enjoy Vulcan Tea, almost to a fault. Also enjoys meditation every evening before bed.
- Mannerisms: Very Tolerant of all people; Respectful of all points of view. Torvan seems to have been tailor-made for diplomacy.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None personally, but does dabble in Vulcan spiritual practices from time to time.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Besides meditation, Torvan enjoys painting (especially landscapes). He also enjoys lively conversation on just about any topic. He's also taken to playing Kal'toh, a Vulcan game of logic and focus.
- Likes: Vulcan Culture, Meditation, Reading Philosophy and Poetry, Serenity and Calmness, Learning about other cultures.
- Dislikes: Raising his voice, raw fish, coffee.
- Ambitions and Goals: To be the best representative of Trill and the Federation he can be.
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperament: Tolerant, Logical and Respectful of all beings
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): None known at this time
- Physical Limitations: Growing older... doesn't exercise as much as he should. Prefers mental exercises.
- Marital Status: Single; would say he is "Married to his Work"
- Children: None
- Father: Jas Siddon
- Mother: Vara Siddon
- Siblings: Y'Tril Zell, Abrian Zell (Brother-In-Law)
- Nephews: Veren and Deven Zell
Torvan was born on the Trill homeworld on stardate 234504.19. His parents raised him and his sister, Y'Tril, to aspire to become joined with a symbiont. Though his sister didn't take the mandate very seriously, Torvan worked very hard and was eventually joined when he was 19 years old.
The Symbiosis Council immediately saw Torvan's inclinations towards diplomacy and negotiations, which grew even stronger after being joined with the Jedan symbiont. Therefore, he was given the opportunity to travel around the galaxy with the Trill diplomatic corps as a junior member. While on a trip to Vulcan, Torvan had a realization that the logical and level-headed culture he had began to learn about was one he enjoyed quite a bit.
After that, Torvan dedicated his time in the diplomatic corps to become a full Ambassador. Once he reached that level at age 25, he requested and was given status as a part of the Trill envoy to Vulcan. After 2 years, Torvan showed a remarkable intellect towards the Vulcan people and culture. When the then primary Ambassador retired, Torvan was promoted to lead Trill Ambassador... the youngest one to ever do so at age 27.
For the next several years, he learned all he could about the culture and people. He even took classes at the Vulcan Science Academy and participated in rituals usually restricted to "outworlders" as Vulcans would call him at times.
One such ritual took place when Torvan was 29. A Vulcan priest, who took an interest in Torvan's wanting to learn more about the culture, offered a rare opportunity: A mind-meld that would last for several hours. Torvan, more than happy to acquiesce, accepted and they performed the meld.
Over SEVENTEEN hours later, Torvan emerged from the meld a slightly changed man. Though his intelligence, emotions and diplomatic skills were still in place, he was far more docile and level-headed. His emotions were diminished and logic became much more accessible.
For the nest 16 years, Torvan's temperament for negotiations and mediation served him and the diplomatic corps very well. He mediated several border disputes, negotiated during some tense inter-cultural disputes and even oversaw first contact with a new species from the Gamma Quadrant.
At age 40, the Trill Government nominated Torvan to be their Federation Representative. He declined, however, siting his desire to continue to live among the Vulcans and would help the Federation as a whole whenever he was called upon.