Jarred Thoran/Starfleet Records
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Duty Post: Chief of Security
- Commanding Officer: Akinor Onlai Zaekia
- Stardates: 239405.08 - Present
- 239405 - 239406: In Sickness and in Death (Andaris Task Force)
- The Blackwell had been dispatched to Debin VII to assist with a plague that had been ravishing a Freeworlds Mining Companies mining outpost. The Freeworlds Navy had placed the planet under quarantine, but their ship had stopped responding to hails and was in a decaying orbit.
- Upon arrival in system and after figuring a way to break through the shields, I beamed about the Caraadian vessel with Captain Zaekia, Commander Brell and Commander Varaan to assist the crew. Beaming in we found ourselves in a what appeared to be a storage room. Unable to unlock the door we were forced to blast a hole in the wall to allow our escape into a corridor. Making our way to the bridge, we encountered a crewman in the final stages of the plague. Unfortunately we were unable to ease their suffering and with a heavy heart we continued on our way.
- Entering the bridge, we were contacted by the Caraadian commander who had sealed herself in the Captain's office. Once she had been released, she summoned another Caraadian joined us. As we were trying to right the ship, sensors detected an infected crewman was making their way to the bridge.
- Captain Zaekia and I met with the Caraadian crewman, who was intent on killing the Commander. Putting our diplomacy skills to the test, Captain Zaekia and I were able to talk the crewman down. It was a difficult experience for me, I could see the pain in her eyes, she had lost everything and wanted someone to pay. Part of me wonders whether I would not act in the same manner had our situations been reversed.
- Whilst we had been occupied on the bridge, the team in Engineering were able to repair the engines and Dr Cook's team on the surface had developed a vaccine.
- 239407 - 239408: A Test of Loyalty (Andaris Task Force)
- 239409 - 239411: Open Your Mind and Say Ahhh! (Andaris Task Force)
- Click sub-headings below to expand or collapse.
- Rank: Cadet
- Major: Tactical
- Minor: Security
- Stardates: 239009.01 - 239405.07
- Click sub-headings below to expand or collapse.
Assessment: Captain Akinor Onali Zaekia, USS Blackwell
Jarred continuously exceeds expectations. He effectively adapts to change, works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude, and has an exceptional ability to provide detail. Jarred goes beyond the call of duty by continually seeking out and following through with additional responsibilities and contributing frequently in classes. Jarred is an active listener, managers his time well, and demonstrates exceptional professionalism and conscientiousness about quality of work. Although Jarred works exceptionally well independently, he would benefit from additional team-building skills and experiences.
- Communication: Is a very competent communicator.
- Cooperation: Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done – even perform tasks or jobs that are not his own.
- Creativity and Innovation: Constantly searches for new ideas and ways to improve efficiency.
- Initiative: Has a high sense of responsibility to his job. He tries himself to perfect his performance without anyone telling him to.
- Job Knowledge: Always keeps himself updated of new information and knowledge in relation to his field of expertise.
- Leadership: Though not in a leadership role, Jarred consistently demonstrates leadership abilities through his work pace and productivity.
- Problem Solving Skills: Jarred is very good at analyzing any situation and works out a solution to such situation.
- Teamwork Skills: Reliable to his team members and expects the same from his team members.
Assessment: Lieutenant Commander Oddas Aria, Starfleet Academy
- Communication: Always asks for immediate feedback to ensure he is on task and performing his work correctly.
- Cooperation: Creates an atmosphere where people can share their thoughts – good and bad – and not fear retribution or intimidation.
- Creativity and Innovation: Tries to innovate even under adverse conditions and has the ability to think out of the box in the most challenging situations.
- Initiative: Consistently takes the initiative when difficult obstacles arise and finds a solution quickly.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses a solid understanding of the skill set that is required to execute her job.
- Leadership: Consistently recognizes his team for a job well done.
- Problem Solving Skills: Understands and effectively solves problems instead of focusing on the symptoms.
- Teamwork Skills: Treats people with respect and in return receives respect.
Service Record, Awards & Service Ribbons
|Cadet 4th Class||239009.01 - 239107.29||Starfleet Academy||Cadet
Major: Tactical, Minor: Security
|Cadet 3rd Class||239109.01 - 239207.28|
|Cadet 2nd Class||239209.01 - 239307.27|
|Cadet 1st Class||239309.01 - 239405.07|
|Ensign||239405.08 - 239407.13||USS Blackwell||Security/Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239407.13 - 239408.31|
|Lieutenant||239408.31 - 239410.11||USS Blackwell||Acting Chief of Security and Tactical|
|239410.11 - 239410.17||Acting Chief of Security|
|239410.17 - 239502.14||Chief of Security|
|Lieutenant Commander||239502.14 - 239506.12|
|Lieutenant Commander||239506.12 - Present||USS Blackwell||Executive Officer|
|Neelix Award||239406.19||Rear Admiral Renos||A general award given to those who demonstrate extra, out of character, simming devotion.|
|The Order of Starfleet Merit and Achievement||239506.28||Captain Theo Whittaker||The Order of Starfleet Merit and Achievement First Class. This award is given to members who show great dedication in their behavior and simming abilities. A candidate for TOSMA regularly contributes good, solid ideas to the plot and character development. They also take the time to edit and proofread their sims to ensure quality in their writing.|
|Sheathed Sword||239506.28||Captain Theo Whittaker||Presented to those to decide to inflict mental and/or physical trauma on their character, and then dive into the resulting emotions and choices in a realistic manner. The name comes from a line in a Robert Jordan book where a warrior must be prepared to 'sheath the sword' in his own body, i.e. take a grievous wound to achieve one's goal (in this case, more realistic simming) as opposed to an actual goal of the character.|
|Khan Award||239506.28||Captain Theo Whittaker||Awarded to a simmer who thoughtfully develops a three-dimensional villain over the course of a mission or more.|
|Locutus Award||239506.29||Captain Nugra||For members of the Publicity Team who go above-and-beyond their monthly requirements for participation on a regular basis. These team members show enthusiasm and flair for spreading the word about or role-playing community and take an active interest in finding new ways to invite people to join our ranks.|
|Boothby Award||239506.29||Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds||For trainers who go above and beyond their Academy Training Requirements. These trainers display an outstanding example of dedication to bringing new cadets to our community.|
|1-year Member||239506.29||For those who have been members continuously for one year.|
|Service Ribbon||Name||Date/Assignment||Presented By||Citation|
|Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon||239405.07||Fleet Captain Renos||Awarded to those who have graduated from Starfleet Academy.|
|Diplomacy Ribbon||239407.16||Rear Admiral Renos||Awarded to an individual who has distinguished themselves by resolving a significantly dangerous or hostile situation through diplomatic means.|
|Innovation Ribbon||239408.28||Rear Admiral Renos||Awarded to a person who distinguishes themselves by the innovative application of science or technology to resolve a dangerous situation.|
|Diplomacy Ribbon||239412.06||Rear Admiral Renos||Awarded to an individual who has distinguished themselves by resolving a significantly dangerous or hostile situation through diplomatic means.|
|Purple Heart||239505.20||Commander Theo Whittaker||Awarded to anyone who sustains injury in the line of duty.|
|Department Chief Ribbon||239505.21||Commander Theo Whittaker||Awarded to a person who has held the title of department chief for no less than 6 months.|
|Silver Star||239505.21||Commander Theo Whittaker||Awarded to a person who is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the Federation.|
|Joint Meritorious Unit Award||239509.03||Commander Theo Whittaker||Awarded to a person who participates in a joint action with an allied or neutral force toward a common goal.|
|For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons|
For full medical records, see Medical Record. Please note only authorised personnel may view medical records.