Difference between revisions of "Jade Shryker"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Lieutenant '''Jade Elizabeth Matthews''', a Human (not Terran) female, is
Lieutenant '''Jade Elizabeth Matthews''', a Human (not Terran) female, is Security aboard the [[StarBase 118 Ops|Starbase 118]].
Revision as of 03:47, 23 April 2013
|Jade Elizabeth Shryker|
|Position||Chief of Security|
Lieutenant Jade Elizabeth Matthews, a Human (not Terran) female, is a Security Officer aboard the Starbase 118.
- Full Name: Jade Elizabeth Matthews
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: 236811.27
- Place of Birth: Space
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: None
|StarBase 118 Ops|
- Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Slim
- Taste in Clothing: Fitted tops, belts, dresses, leggings, cut-off jeans and her trademark red bandana.
- Shoes: Long boots or sandals
- Voice: Passionate
- Handedness: Right
Personality & Manner
- Habits: Jade is bubbly and likes company. She is happy to join in with social events and team-building.
- Mannerisms: Jade is known to clap her hands together quickly when excited.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Kickboxing, swimming and socializing
- Most Treasured Possession: Her mother's locket
- Likes: Friends and flying
- Dislikes: Being left alone or left behind
- Temperment: Determined and strong-willed, tries hard to keep others spirits high even if her own is failing
- Mental Problems (Complexes and Phobias): Nothing in particular
- Music: "She Wolf" by Shakira
- Quotation: "Go Jade! Go Jade!"
- Quarters: Jade and Alexander Matthews' Quarters
- Spouse: Married to Alexander James Matthews
- Children: None
- Father: Alan Shryker (Estranged)
- Mother: Elizabeth Shryker (Currently Missing)
- Brother: Ryan Shryker
Friends & Colleagues
Jade is desperate to make friends with her crewmates but fears they will reject her when they realize that she is not as brave as she tries to come across. Her love life is a bit of failure with a string of bad or failed dates. She does have feelings for both Doctor Charles Sampi and Marine James Martin, but nothing has so far come together.
Jade and her brother were born in space to human parents who ran cargo convoys, some of questionable legal status. Jade has spent over 80% of her time living on various vessels and stations and feels strange on a planet's surface. Her father left the family when Jade was only 4, and she learned her flying and fighting skills from her mother, herself the daughter of a bounty hunter. When Jade's mother went missing during a cargo run to a hostile planet, Jade was left to care for her younger brother. She decided to join Starfleet to make some good of her skills, but she can come across a little headstrong and impulsive - always wanting to be at the heat of battle.
|Starfleet Service Record
Jade went on her first full mission aboard the USS Independence-A to help the Romulan refugees on the Bilire VI colony, but there she was captured along with Captain Riley and Doctor Sampi by a race called the Reapers. Along with the others, Jade was tortured and had her deepest fears exposed. She was also forced into a deathly dance with the leader of the Reapers, something only one other person has ever survived. Thankfully she and her crewmates were rescued soon after.
Jade returned to the Independence a changed woman. The terrifying experience had eaten away at her earlier enthusiasm, and recurring nightmares and feelings of loneliness have cut away at the young woman's confidence. She spoke to Captain Riley about her fears and was reassured that not all missions would be as painful and as horrific as what they faced with the Reapers.
Unfortunately, the next mission to the Mirror Universe saw Jade and Velana captured by Inquisitor Sudra and tortured for information. They survived, but now Jade no longer sees any happiness to be likely so long as she serves in Starfleet. It will all be pain!
After the return of the crew to Deep Space 17, Jade was commended for her actions and promoted to Chief of Security aboard the USS Tiger-A, the replacement for the USS Independence-A that was destroyed in the mirror universe.
Awards & Commendations
238811.18 - Commended for her bravery when captured and tortured on Mirror Bajor.
Jade with her hellhound alter ego. A shryker is a hellhound in mythology, so don’t mess with her when she’s having a bad hair day!
Sims with Alexander
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History