- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 240
- Hair: Dark Brown hair, Short
- Eyes: Blue
- Skin Tone: Light skinned
- Birthmarks, Scars: His hand forearms
- Build: Medium build, Muscular
- Face: Gentle.
- Eyes: Fierce, Observant
- Mouth: Mostly found with a warm smile.
- Arms: Muscular
- Carriage: Upright, Very proper.
- Poses: He holds a commanding pose... Casual? That is him being casual
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Simple T-shirt and cargo styled pants.
- Shoes: Boots, Does have one pair of dress shoes
- Voice: Speaks in a commanding voice, Deep tenor toned
- Handedness: Right
- Marital Status: Widower, Jessica Gard; Past away when Tabitha was 2
- Dating: Akeelah D'Sena
- Children: Daughter; Five year old Tabitha Gard
- Parents: Jim and Ashley
- Father: Jim Gard
- Mother: Ashley Gard
- Siblings: 2 Older brothers; Cody Gard (2 yrs older) & David Gard ( 4 yrs older)
- Quarters: Clean, Organized... Except for Daughter's toys.
- Favorite Room: Somewhere with an outside view
- Mannerisms: Tends to stand at attention even when at rest. He is very forward and means what he says. Almost in a dominating way. Yet has often times toned down and offered kind words and praise.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Water sports mainly. Anything from tubing and water skiing on lakes, to kayaking down rapid rivers to surfing in the oceans. Not just the ones on Earth. He is considered a History buff, reading such things to his Daughter at bed times. He even goes to tea parties his daughter hosts.
- Likes: The water, and any thing to do with water. He enjoys History and long talks. His range of conversation is wide; from past, present and future possibilities.
- Dislikes: Arrogance and disrespect. Vulgar behavior.
- Ambitions and Goals: To raise his daughter well and provide for her needs. To further his intelligence and one day Captain his own ship.
Jack was born in Grass Lake Michigan to Jim and Ashley Gard. He was actually born on the lake due to a mishap while his parents were out boating. They had been unable to reach the shore before Jack made his appearance. From then on, water held a special interest in Jack's heart.
He grew up with modest parents, his father a surgeon and mother a nurse. Both civilians They raised him to be respectful and responsible, in hopes that Jack would go far and fallow them into the medical field.
But he had other plans. Though he spent much time on the water, it was equal to his time spent reading. He read all that he could get his hands on from all corners of the known universe.
School had been almost a breeze, though with unknown career plans. He had been a perfect student with excellent grades. All going along with his parent hopes for him to become a doctor.
Jack's best friend Scott had been taking an extra curricular course in mechanics and told Jack intriguing things about the subject. The most interesting to him had been the hypothetical realm. So Jack decided to attend the class and fell in love with it. How things worked and worked together. How this part at this angle at this size helped or hurt the efficiency of the mechanism. It caught his attention as much as the water had.
Even though it had not been the medical field, his parents fully supported his ambitions to join Starfleet in the engineering department. He had become one of the top students of his class, equally competing with the Vulcans. Some of his fellow classmates, theorized that Jack might have been part Vulcan.
Jack's dear friend Scott had fallowed along with him to Starfleet and they had been lucky enough to share rooms. Even with his friends influence, Jack never strayed to far from the rules and order that came with being an officer.
Except the one time Scott had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend. Jack had injected himself by hitting Scott square in the face. His excuse was that Scott had become unresponsive and the situation required an immediate deflation. There had been no hard feeling over the incident.
When Jack had graduated the Academe, his intentions had been to join one of the ship's crew. But fate had other plans. He met a young woman named Jessica Takanshi who was an up and coming chemist. Though she had turned down his advances many times, he refused to give up. Until finally she had submitted. They married and was with child when Jack decided to hold off his career to raise his daughter.
Two years after their daughter Tabitha was born, a chemical spill would take the life of Jessica Gard, leaving Jack alone to raise Tabitha. And he would do what he thought was best for her. And despite all the moving possibly required, he would kick back up his engineering career in Starfleet. His thoughts and understanding had been "it takes a village". And he could think of no better village than Starfleet.
Despite what most may think of Jack he is a warm and caring man, his daughter bringing quiet a bit of it out