Ensign Ilene Torza is a science officer aboard the USS Columbia
Note: Ilene Torza is the new PC for the writer who formerly played Commander Karynn Brice.
- 1 Personnel File
- 2 Manner
- 3 Personality
- 4 Personal History
- 5 Professional History
- 6 SIM Archive
- Keeps a photo album with pictures that are special to her: pictures of family from home, pictures of friends, etc.
- Her camera is one of her prized possessions
- sets up a dark room after moving in
- Favorite Room: TBD
- bites her nails
- Physical Limitations:
- nothing out of the ordinary
- soft spoken but confident
- prefers to listen over talking
- Habits: TBD
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion:
- Ilene, like her family, believes that her ancestors live on in the afterlife and are able to intervene on her behalf
- She often attempts to communicate with them, although she does not believe they need to be appeased
- She believes that certain ancestors have certain "domains" where they are more likely to intervene
- She attributes subtle "motherly" reminders to her Great Grandmother Iliea
Ilene is an avid learner, always wanting to go deeper. She enjoys listening to others but is not overly concerned with emotion - in fact, she dislikes making snap decisions based on emotion and tires of the drama of doing so.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Dance - traditional dance of Ullia
- Yarn Work - similar to knitting/crocheting on Earth
- collecting - collects small bottles of soil from every world she's visited
Likes and Dislikes
Ambitions and Goals
As a child, Ilene dreamed of travelling the stars, learning more about the other worlds out there. She initially thought this meant she wanted to be one of the memory collectors. She applied and was initially accepted into the rigorous training program at age 15. She spent two years in the program before being one of the ones who was cut.
Being cut from the program caused her to re-evaluate her goals and dreams and explore other options for fulfilling them. She knew that she could not just be stuck on Ullia for her lifetime, that she needed to travel and she needed to learn. She explored Starfleet and eventually applied in the Sciences department with specializations in Archaeology/Anthropology and History.
Now she dreams of uncovering new and exciting information about an ancient culture somewhere. She wants to be well known, at least in her own field.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Ilene is proud of being accepted into the memory retrieval training program, even as one of her greatest disappointments continues to be washing out of it.
More recently, she was excited to win a large cooking competition while at the academy, competing against other cadets.
For the most part, however, she sees both her opportunities for achievements and disappointments as lying in the future somewhere. She tries hard to not make decisions that she'll regret and to see past disappointments as opportunities and "direction" toward her true path.
- Full Article: Ilene Torza Personal History
Ilene Torza was born on Ullia as the second of four children. Other cultures and other worlds have always fascinated her and even as a child she dreamed of travelling the stars. At the age of 15 she achieved one of her deepest personal goals by being accepted into the training program for the elite memory retrieval teams, charged with building the vast repository of memories from across the galaxy. Unfortunately, however, she was unable to complete the rigorous program. Each year the field of candidates is cut back and at the end of her second year in the program she was one of the ones let go. Despite this deep disappointment, she used it as an opportunity to explore and re-evaluate her dreams and goals and found a new outlet for her childhood dream in Starfleet. She was accepted at age 18 into the Academy and progressed through as normal.
- 236705.04: Born on Ullia
- 238207.15: Received Acceptance letter for the Training Program for the Memory Retrieval Team
- 238406.01: The list for those continuing on in the program is published - Ilene finds out she is not among the select few
- 238408.01: Ilene decides to pursue studies with the Academy and begins preparing for the entry examinations
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239209.12
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Columbia
- Duty Post: Science
Awards & Commendations
- Template:Ribbons_Display to go here
StarFleet Assessments and Records
Area in Progress - Please Check Back
- Full Article: Ilene Torza Medical Records
Ilene has been relatively healthy to date. She has no chronic medical illnesses, no major disease, and no major injuries.
As an ensign, Ilene does not have her own office. Her personal desk in the shared working areas, like her quarters, tends to be messy, although most of the time Ilene knows exactly where everything is. On her desk she keeps a family picture, one of her few mementos from home.
No current SIMs.
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History