Difference between revisions of "Ikaia Wong"
(→Relevant Sims and Major JPs)
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
Revision as of 15:15, 23 May 2022
“With God as my witness, I swear on my name and my life, that I shall do no harm, that I shall place the saving of life and easing of suffering above self, above family, that my duty is not to my people, or to my nation, but to all of humanity.”
|Position||Chief Medical Officer|
|Birthplace||Unknown (Raised in Honolulu, Hawaii)|
- 1 Stats
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Family
- 4 Backstory/Timeline
- 5 Early Life
- 6 Personality
- 7 Hobbies
- 8 Quirks and trivia
- 9 Holokaia
- 10 Time on the USS Veritas
- 11 Time with Amity Outpost
- 12 Service History
- 13 Ribbons, Achievements and Awards
- 14 Relationships
- 15 Image Gallery
- 16 Relevant Sims and Major JPs
- 17 Links
- Full Name: Ikaia Wong
- Pronounced: Ee-kay-ah W-aw-ng
- Nicknames: Actually, Actually a Physician Assistant, Sinnamon, Barista, Doc, Sawbones
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Race: Klingon
- Date of Birth: 237308.21 - 25yrs (real birth date unknown)
- Place of Birth: Unknown. Grew up in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0/E0
- Height: 6 ft
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde (in a man-bun)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Scars/Tattoos/Markings: Has a scar across the 5th phalange on his left toe as a hold over from his old injury involving a knife. Also has two sets of tattoos - One being down his right ribcage just under the arm is the text "USS Veritas, NCC-95035, 2397-2398." The second tattoo is on his backside, right cheek the Vulcan word for "lucky" in Vulcan script.
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Father: Haru Wong (Née Takashi)
- Mother: Dr. Lily Wong
- Siblings: Alanna Wong (31), Kai Wong (20)
Ikaia Wong doesn’t know his bio parents and never grew up in a Klingon family or surrounded by Klingon culture. Instead he was adopted by the Wongs, his human family. The middle child of three children, Ikaia grew up surrounded by a loving family in Honolulu. He was a quiet and curious child who was interested in the world around him and why it was the way it was. He often liked exploring Hawaii’s many beaches or visiting his Aunt Niko’s alpaca farm on Moloka’i where he would eventually work during the summers in his teens. Eventually, he would follow his mother, a doctor and lifelong influence, into Starfleet to pursue medicine.
One of Ikaia’s side projects he worked on while at the Starfleet Academy is his own emergency medical hologram. He was inspired by the work his father did in the field of programming. Although the hologram is more of an extracurricular hobby, Ikaia is proud of his work. However, he says it’s still glitchy and tends to “get a bit weird if you leave it on for too long” according to him.
After serving aboard the USS Veritas, Ikaia Wong is looking forward to his new posting at the Amity Outpost as the Chief Medical Officer. He has currently earned his Emergency Medicine Fellowship with the Starfleet Medical Academy.
- 239711.02: Placed aboard USS Veritas.
- 239804.01: Promoted to Lieutenant JG on the USS Veritas.
- 239809.20: Promoted to Lieutenant on the Amity Outpost.
While little is known about the circumstances of Ikaia's birth, much is known about how he was found. While serving upon the USS ___ as its Chief Medical Officer, Doctor Lily Wong's ship intercepted a pirate freighter. Ikaia, still a baby, was discovered on board.
Ikaia is generally a friendly, polite and affable sort of person who cares deeply for those around him and under his care. He is a driven individual who is willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect a patient. Although, Ikaia does have a nervous streak to him.
Swimming, hula, origami, programming, making music, tai chi, yoga, reading, surfing
Quirks and trivia
- Has a preference for seafood
- When he was 5, he accidentally dropped a knife on his little toe while playing in his dad's kitchen which severed the toe. It was, however, reattached. Ikaia has never regained full flexibility of his toe. There is a scar around the circumference of that toe.
- Tends to get motion sick. Had a love-hate relationship with roller coasters growing up. Smaller space craft have a tendency to make him space sick.
- Can speak fluent English, Hawaiian, Japanese and Chinese. Ironically, he cannot speak Klingon.
- While he never swore in English at his time in the Academy, he did get around the language policy by swearing in Hawaiian for the rare times that he did swear. He got away with this for two years and three months until someone actually translated what was being said.
- Ikaia's hologram looks like an idealized version of himself. It also sports a very fantastic full Klingon goatee! It's one of the hologram's most impressive visual features.
- In high school, Ikaia had a part-time job as a lifeguard on one of Oahu's beaches. During the summers, he worked on Moloka'i on his aunt's alpaca farm.
- He really does have a mug that says "Galaxy's Okayest Klingon." He also has a shirt as part of his sleepwear that says "I fix stupid."
- When Ikaia was 2 years old, he learned the hard way how fragile humans are in comparison to him when fellow classmate, Timmy Winters, took away one of Ikaia's toys. He body checked Timmy into a wall when shouting at him didn't work. Timmy walked out of the situation with two broken ribs and a fractured arm. However, in elementary school, they did eventually become friends. He has remained friends with Tim Winters to this very day.
- Two major things Ikaia brought on the Veritas with him is a very well cared for aloe plant and a keytar.
- Ikaia and his siblings once tried to form a band called "The Long Wong Silvers." His sister was the guitarist, Ikaia handled keyboards, and his brother was the drummer. It did not go well when it was decided his brother would be the lead singer.
- Ikaia owns a pair of alpaca wool socks that was given to him by his aunt. They're his LUCKY alpaca wool socks.
- In his time at the Academy, he was attacked by a tribble programmed into a simulation as a prank. He did not find it hilarious.
- During his time at Aunt Niko's alpaca farm, Ikaia has raised a few of the animals himself including an alpaca he named "Lolipop." (He picked the name.) One of his pairs of alpaca wool socks is made from her wool!
- If you asked him what his favourite sweet thing is, it's cinnamon chocolate and chocolate hazelnut spread. He'll eat it DIRECTLY from the jar.
- Usually, he drinks one or two cups of coffee in a day. You know he's tired if he's having two cups in the morning. Usually, it's two cups these days. It has resulted in an increased caffeine tolerance.
- One of his favourite foods as a child is something he liked to call "The Dancing Squid." It's actually known as Katsu ika odori-don. Not only did it taste good, the dancing made him smile!
- He has his own social media accounts where he makes videos about health advice, positivity, funny or something really light hearted.
- Ikaia has very soft and silky hair. If you're really nice to him and he's in a very good mood, he may let you braid it. Just please use clean hands! His sister, Alanna, used to play with his hair or braid it for him when he was growing up.
- He's terrible at lying under pressure. Instead of the lie collapsing upon itself, the lie just happens to get bigger and far more elaborate as time goes on. The issue comes from his need to fill in the dead air in the middle of these situations and he starts to babble. In general, Ikaia hates lying.
- Ikaia is demisexual. The gender of a potential partner doesn't matter. However, their mind and personality does. He enjoys being romantic!
- Ikaia's room number on the Veritas is 03-1122.
- He also HATES taking sick days. Especially on conditions he knows he isn't contagious. He always wants to be helpful in any way he can. This, of course, makes him a terrible patient.
- Tends to use the word "actually" a lot. It so much so his verbal tic that Kallo Ver has made it his nickname.
- Has been known to write fanfiction. But he's super embarrassed about it. He usually won't let you read it.
- Ikaia has two favourite foods he likes to eat when he's sick - rice porridge is one of his usual go-to meals. The other came from his time around Vulcans at the Starfleet Medical Academy - plomeek soup. He finds it easier on his stomachs when he's sick.
- When Ikaia was young, he was once told by his sister, Alanna, that you had to sing in order to get the sonic shower to work. He literally believed this for the longest time.
- He HATES decaf, wasabi and cilantro. He prefers his coffee black most of the time.
- Name: "Holokaia" Project Hippocrates
- Program Type: Experimental EMH
- Current Build: Version 1.379 (Kanaloa Build) Revision 4170
Holokaia is the emergency medical hologram that Ikaia is currently working on. He has worked on this for four years as a side project which he has built himself from the ground up. His father, a programmer, is quite proud of Ikaia's work so far as it is a very ambitious project.
One of Holokaia's most recent field tests had him engaging in diplomacy with an alien AI. Thanks to his ability to accept new libraries into his programming, he has proven to be adaptable and flexible. Machine learning has also made this adaptation and flexibility easier. Recent updates to Holokaia's program in order to make him more stable were created an implemented as a team effort by Scotty Reade and Ikaia.
Time on the USS Veritas
- First posted on the USS Veritas
- 239712.06 Field Tests
- 239804.01 - Promoted to Lieutenant JG
- 239809.04 Return to Routine... Mostly!
- 239809.20 - Promoted to Lieutenant
Time with Amity Outpost
- Has taken his second assignment as Chief Medical Officer at Amity Outpost.
|Starfleet Service Record
Ribbons, Achievements and Awards
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|Name||Ship Posting||Relationship Status||Comments|
|Alieth||USS Gorkon||Good Friends||They've known each other since the Academy!|
|Antero Flynn||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Both share the love of music and surfing! Participated in Battle of the Bands on Donova together!|
|BAXTER||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia seems to think he's a good robot doggo.|
|Callistra Navarro||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Participated in Battle of the Bands on Donova together!|
|Charlena Vanlith||USS Veritas||Civil||Met on the Veritas. He's still somewhat scared of her. But he IS getting more comfortable around her.|
|Gabrielle Porchevska||USS Veritas||Friend/Coworker||Met on the Veritas. She's one of his coworkers in the sickbay while on the Veritas.|
|Hannibal Parker||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Worked together during the asteroid incident and has participated in Battle of the Bands together on Donova. Has agreed to assist Ikaia in his quest to find out about his biological family. However, there has been a recent rift between the two when Ikaia used regulation in order to get Parker to go to his medical appointments. The rift has since been mended with the two celebrating one last outting together over beer.|
|Kelrod||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia doesn't know him very well, yet.|
|Dr. Lara Knight||USS Veritas||Coworker||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia doesn't know her too well yet. But he has worked with her and they are coworkers in sickbay.|
|Plica Phyllis||USS Veritas||Friend/Coworker||Met on the Veritas. They work together in sickbay and have met outside of it for coffee.|
|Roshanara Rahman||USS Veritas||Ally/Boss||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia thinks that she's the chill captain. Or at least in comparison to other captains he's seen or heard about. Seems to have good advice.|
|Sky Blake||USS Veritas||Ally/Boss||Met on the Veritas. Ikaia knows that pulling a fast one on her is tough to do. He learned this the hard way when he tried to set up a plush tribble prank only to be pranked right back by the commander in that same stroke.|
|Tristam Core||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. Doesn't know him very well at the moment.|
|Wil Ukinix||USS Veritas||Friend||Met on the Veritas. Participated in Battle of the Bands together! Ikaia has been known to shadow him at times to learn leadership skills from him.|
|Zhanyt Lafizatar||USS Veritas||Acquaintance||Met on the Veritas. He's totally okay with her. But ultimately doesn't trust her pet panther-tiger, Khari, though.|
|Scotty Reade||USS Veritas||Friend/Former-Roommate||Met on the Veritas. Totally seems to understand Ikaia's love of holograms and AIs. They are currently roommates.|
|Lilith Thorne||USS Veritas||Civil||Met on the Veritas. He's okay working with her. But he DOESN'T trust her. This came about after she left him to his own devices with invading Klingon citing that he (as a pacifist) should have an honour fight with them. This resulted in some hurt feelings and Ikaia absolutely NOT trusting her. That was until Ikaia got some advice from Rahman on how to handle the situation. Right now, Ikaia is not adverse to working with her.|
|Dr. Charlie Sampi||USS Galaxy||Boss/Mentor figure||As a PA, this is the person that Ikaia reports into. He is his overseeing physician and at times a mentor.|
|Meidra Sirin||USS Resolution||Friend||Met at the first Medical Officers Support Group meeting. Has also helped her acquire some extra chocolate for her cousin and his friend, Alieth.|
|Kivik||USS Veritas||Friend/Mentorship||Met on the Veritas. These two have a friendship with each other and seem to share a love of coffee. However, Kivik appears to view Ikaia as a sort of role model.|
Relevant Sims and Major JPs
- Lt. Meidra Sirin, Lt. JG Ikaia Wong, Lt. Alieth - Hungover On Vulcan (Nine Chapters + Epilogue)
- "Guilt" - Lt. Toliver and Lt. Wong
- Ikaia's Mix playlist: Ikaia's Mix
- Ikaia's Lower Decks Interview
- Ikaia's Roadtrip Playlist: Ikaia's NX Playlist
- °Exhibit A Veritas Vine: WHEN WILL YOU LEARN
- •Exhibit B Veritas Vine: WHO SUMMONED ME?
- Starfleet Medical Campfire Song
|NPC Listing · Amity Outpost Crew Manifest · Crew History