|Deep Space 10|
|Commander Melitta Herodion|
Commander Melitta Herodion is serving as the Commanding Officer of the newly established Deep Space 10.
- Height: 1.67M
- Weight: 63KG
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Cut just below the shoulders usually worn in a bun while on duty, when off Melitta lets it hang loose.
- Eye Color: Yellow
- Skin Tone: Lightly Tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: Rich purple coloring around her forehead and ears.
- Build: Athletic
- Face: Narrow
- Carriage: Maintains good posture. This posture was only acquired after years of nagging from Melitta's mother.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): She typically holds her hands in her lap or behind her back.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Collared long sleeve shirts in natural colors usually worn with cargo pants.
- Shoes: Boots (black or dark brown in color)
- Voice: Clear and sharp
- Handedness: Left
Personality and Preferences
- Quarters: Neat and orderly. Melitta keeps various keepsakes on shelves and tables.
- Favorite Room: Any room with a view. Typically that would be the lounge area of her quarters. Melitta will often sit there and look out into space in order to contemplate life.
- Habits: Always tries to get the last word in when arguing with others.
- Mannerisms: Tends to pace around her environment when she can't think of a solution.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Fielding
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Futbash, since Melitta's entrance into Star Fleet she has been unable to play the sport of Futbash as it requires a group of Laudean Fielders. With that in mind she would consider an chance to play the sport again a dream come true as it is one of the things that she misses most about Til'ahn.
- Swimming and Snorkeling, particularly since graduating the Academy Melitta takes every opportunity to spend time on the holodeck swimming. She prefers this form of exercise to simply running.
- Spending time on the phaser range. This is one method that Melitta uses to release stress or built up anger to a particularly troubling matter. It also enables her to keep her skills shape and in practice.
- Claka (edible Laudean crustacean)
- Sleeping in
- Spending time on Duronis II
- Being betrayed
- Ignorant people
- Terran Coffee as it makes her jittery
- Ambitions and Goals:
- To command her own ship one day
- Melitta would also like to marry and have children but can't see herself leaving Star Fleet
- Achievements in Life:
- Being accepted into Star Fleet.
- Being part of the Star Fleet Academy's winning swimming squad in 2381.
- Disappointments in Life:
- Melitta considers her poor relations with her Mother a disappointment. The pair had conflicting ideas of what Melitta's future career should be. Despite this and how hard Charis Herodion is on Melitta, Melitta loves her mother and regrets the state of their relationship.
- That she doesn't get to spend more time on Duronis II. Having said that Melitta wouldn't want to live on the planet either.
- Temperament: Independent and quick witted. Usually is playful and even flirtatious when off duty but is goal orientated and absolutely serious when duty calls.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Absolutely hates spider-like creatures. This is a progression from being terrified by them.
- Physical Limitations: Due to her strong Fielding abilities, Melitta occasionally experiences light headaches and nausea.
- Marital Status:
- Spouse: Single
- Father: Andreas Herodion (Works with the Fielding League)
- Mother: Charis Herodion (Local school teacher)
- Siblings: Corinna Herodion (younger sister)
Melitta Herodion was born on 236305.25 which was seventeen years before the people of Til'ahn achieved warp capability. She was born to Andreas and Charis Herodion at the family home, Great city, Damodara Til'ahn. With the addition of her younger sister this was where Melitta would be raised over the next eighteen years. Given that her family was fairly well off, Melitta and her sister (Corinna Herodion) had for the most part a trouble free upbringing. Given Melitta's strong fielding abilities she started officially training at the Fielding league as young as six years old. Before that her father, Andreas Herodion, taught her a few simply techniques to help control her abilities to prevent headaches from taking hold.
While Andreas was a nurturing and supportive figure who always encouraged Melitta in whatever she choose to do Charis was strict and firm when it came to schooling Melitta into a proper daughter. Being a local school teacher by trade Charis was particularly hard on Melitta when it came to things like doing well at school and maintaining good posture. Despite this firmness Melitta learned to appreciate what her mother was trying to teach her even though she didn't always agree at the time.
With school and extensive training at the Fielding league Melitta had little spare time for her own pursuits. One hobby that her parents did allow to interrupt Melitta's hectic schedule was the sport of Futbash. Charis reasoned that it would help develop Melitta's Fielding abilities but for Melitta it was a way to get out and let loose so to speak. By the time that she finished secondary schooling she helped the local team acquire the district tournament. This was a feat that she was most proud of.
Melitta's one other hobby outside of the Futbash field and her academic work was that of swimming. After almost drowning at ten years old in a boating accident, Melitta convinced her parents that it was important that she learned to swim proficiently. At first Melitta was understandably hesitant to get back in the water but persisted nonetheless and eventually mastered the ability. As an adult she has taken to the habit of swimming to maintain her level of fitness.
one notable family member in Meiltta's life was that of her grand father Aristides Herodion. Working as a local law enforcer in the city of Singh he taught Melitta the value of civil rights and doing the right thing in order to maintain peace and justice. Although he wasn't always close by his influence ensured that Melitta knew what it meant to live in a free, peaceful and just society and if the need arose to fight to ensure that those rights were upheld. Sadly Aristides passed away of old age shortly before first contact was made and it was only around this time that Melitta truly witnessed what a society could be like when chaos was permitted to flourish.
One force that Melitta saw in that time, that was also trying to keep order on Til'ahn was Star Fleet. Even though they were alien to her home world she was inspired by how they were willing to fight both through negotiations and actions to keep the peace and help rebuild the once great Laudean government that Melitta decided that Star Fleet was the type of organization that she would be proud to serve in. Toward the end of 2379 after she had finished her secondary schooling Melitta sought to apply to Star Fleet Academy as a way to both honor Star Fleet for they assistance and to remember her grandfather, particularly the values that he taught her. At first she struggled to find a particular division of Star Fleet to apply to. While she did quite well at school she had no interest in the sciences or fields like engineering. The one division that did catch her interest was that of the Star Fleet marines as their appeared similar if not larger and better trained to the various militias that existed on Til'ahn. It was the Marine's attitudes toward defending the Federation and its values even when it came to violence that Melitta found herself most drawn to. After acquiring sponsorship to attend the Academy Melitta traveled to Earth to start her studies and training in the early months of 2380.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238212.20
- Current Rank: Commander
- Current Assignment: Deep space ten
- Duty Post: Commanding Officer
- Completed the four year course at Star Fleet Marine Corps Officer Academy
- On completion Melitta graduated in the top five percent of her class. This and her heritage enabled her some leeway in the choice of first assignment out of training.
- Melitta's chosen military occupational specialty is that of Marine Combat Pilot.
- As per her mother's instructions Melitta spent a great deal of time after the arrival of the Federation representatives on Til'ahn, learning Federation Standard. This was meant as a way to prepare Melitta for the growing number of Federation visitors to Til'ahn. Instead it allowed Melitta to learn the necessary linguistic skills to make the transition to studying on Earth without major disadvantage.
|Professional History: Timeline of Active Duty
- 238003.01:Melitta started her first year of Star Fleet Marine Corps Officer Academy training. Melitta's chosen MOS was Marine Combat Piloting.
- 238110.02:The swim team that Melitta had been on during that year won the annual inter-academy competition. Unfortunately an increased workload in her next year prevented further participation with the swim team.
- 238212.20:Graduates the Marine Corps Officer Academy with high grades, automatically attaining the rank of Second Lieutenant.
- 238312.25:Is posted to the USS Wild Heart.
- 238405.09:Is promoted to the rank of First Lieutenant upon transferring to the USS Vincent.
- 238506.10:Promoted to Captain and made Commander of the Air Group aboard the Vincent.
- 238511.27:Transferred to the USS Hornet into the position of squadron leader
- 238605.05:While out on a training exercise the Hornet is captured and crew imprisoned aboard the ship by the Orion Syndicate. Melitta, on orders by Star Fleet command (due to lack of support in the area), leads a mission with only her squadron to retake the Hornet and free its personnel. Although she possessed superior knowledge of the Hornet and the element of surprise Melitta's squadron took heavy damage losing three fighters outright and two more damaged beyond repair just in the process of taking down the Hornet's shields. Despite the heavy toll that deeply effected Melitta at the time and for quite some time afterward, the fighter squadron was able to take down the Hornets shields and board the vessel. With her remaining forces Melitta successfully aided the imprisoned crew in retaking the Hornet with no further loss of Star Fleet personnel.
- 238605.11:For her efforts in retaking the Hornet Captain Kardon requested that Melitta transfer to the head of the tactical department of the Hornet and Melitta accepted. Kardon cited that a person who possessed such tactical genius to retake, an Akira class heavy cruiser with limited resources, as Melitta did would be a real asset as the chief tactical officer over that of a fighter pilot.
- 238703.13:While on a mission to intercept a couple hundred beings that were supposed to be sold as slaves to the Orion syndicate several members to the USS Hornet's senior staff mutinied against Captain Elise Kardon. Melitta was the only one to side with the Captain during the unexpected attempt to seize control of the Hornet led by Commander Sam Felke. Commander Sam Felke and his accomplices failed in their attempt and were promptly incarcerated.
- 238704.30:Promoted to Lieutenant Commander and made the Second Executive Officer of the Hornet in addition to her duties as Chief Tactical Officer.
- 238903.29:Promoted to the Rank of Commander after the Hornet's previous First Officer retired from service. Melitta was then offered and accepted the role of First Officer of the USS Hornet.
- 239001.09:Upon the decommissioning of the USS Hornet Melitta went on leave.
- 239002.17:Melitta returned from leave to take up the post of Commanding Officer of the newly established Deep Space Ten. As part of the command position Star Fleet placed a newly built, Argonaut Class Runabout, the Tarisa's Jewel under Melitta's sole control.
Awards & Commendations
- Example 1: Date awarded.
Mission Log and notable sims
|NPC Listing · USS Mercury Crew Manifest · Crew History