- T'Var Louisa Helling
- Half Klingon
- Half Human
Date of birth:
Place of birth:
- View Medical Record
- 8st 10lb
- Dark brown
Length of Hair:
- Slightly below shoulders
- Down the outer side of her left leg,
- Large, jagged, scar across her lower back
- Hazel brown
- Right handed
- Mother: G'Vera (House of Duras)
- Father: Joseph Alexander Helling
- Step-mother: Amy Rose Helling (Amy Rose Lenor)
- Older Brother: K'tal George Helling (deceased),
- Half Brother: Jack Joseph Helling
- Temperament: Being half Human and half Klingon T'Var has always struggled with her conflicting natures. She tries to be a calm and collected person but at heart she has always identified more with her Klingon heritage and as such she can be very hot headed at times. Despite this she always does her best to follow orders and be the best Starfleet Officer she can.
- Favorite Room: The holodeck, where T'Var enjoys adventure holo-novels. She also spends a considerable length of time in the gym as she enjoys working out. And, in her spare time, if she is not in the holodeck or gym she'll most likely be found in her quarters.
- Quarters: They are, on the whole, reserved. Three framed photos decorate the walls; one of Kronos, one of her family and one of the USS Atlantis. A few symbolic possessions from her childhood are scattered throughout the room. And on a long table set against a wall are a variety of bladed weapons, namely a bat'leth, broad sword, etc.
- Religion: T'Var follows the beliefs of most Klingons. She believes that the gods who created the first Klingons were eventually slain by them. She believes that after she dies she will go, either to Gre'thor, or to Sto'Vo'Kor.
- Hobbies: In her spare time, T'Var enjoys predominantly physical activities such as climbing, fighting with a Bat'leth and D'ktagh, anbo-jitsu, krav maga and moQbara. Although she also enjoys some activities that are less physical for example; three-dimensional chess and reading adventure stories.
- Music: T'Var's love of music comes from her father. She began to play the harp on 237806.03 and two years later her father who gave her the harp which she still plays to this day. T'Var also enjoys singing but she rarely tells people about that particular skill.
- Likes: In true Klingon form, she loves to fight and often runs holodeck programs that allow her to do just that. T'Var also has a great love and respect for traditions, especially those that pertain to the Klingon faith.
- Dislikes: She has only one true dislike and that is her conflicting natures. Being both Klingon and Human has always made things more difficult for T'Var and although she tries to live with it, it has been a struggle at times. On the whole she prefers her Klingon side.
- Favorite Food and Drink: Firewine is one of T'Var's favorite drinks, although of special occasions she generally favors bloodwine for it's potency and strong taste. T'Var, like most Klingon enjoys gagh but given the option is much more likely to opt for gladst. She also like the rather less Klingon; toast with marmalade.
- Ambitions: T'Var has no ambition with regards to family but when it comes to her work she wants to do well at her job and one day she hopes to become a Captain and have her own ship.
- Fears: Weakness. If there is one thing T'Var fears above all else it is weakness. She dreads being unable to do what she needs to, to be incapable of protecting the people she cares for.
- Pets: A Tribble by the name of Matoskah, which means white bear. During a mission on board the USS Atlantis, they ran into a time rift and after following a long series of complex events Tribbles began materializing all over the ship. Matoskah was one of these Tribbles.
|Raj Blueheart was the captain aboard the USS Atlantis. When T'Var finished at Starfleet Academy she was first assigned to the Atlantis. Captain Blueheart was one of the first people she met while onboard and she formed an instant loyalty to him.|
|Kali Nicholotti is the captain aboard the USS Apollo-A. T'Var's second placement was aboard the Apollo. She was transferred to this ship when the Atlantis was decommissioned.|
|Adam and T'Var met onboard the USS Atlantis. When Adam first joined the Atlantis T'Var didn't really know him and neither really talked to the other. It wasn't until Captain Blueheart disappeared that T'Var and Adam properly met. They worked together on creating a device to produce a specially adapted dampening field and during this time they became very close friends.|
|Friend and romantic interest|
|T'Var and Roshacari met onboard the USS Apollo-A. Roshacari works under T'Var as a Security Officer. T'Var was instantly attracted to Roshacari and the two are beginning to date.|
- Born on Ty'Gokor
- Parents split up
- 1 year, 5 months
- Moved to Ivor Prime
- 1 year, 6 months
- K'tal (brother) killed in battle on the battle ship Negh'Var
- 3 years, 3 months
- Move to Alpha V (Human Colony)
- 5 years, 1 month
- Father remarried (married a human)
- 14 years, 10 months
- Jack Helling (half brother) was born
- 16 years, 5 months
- Started at Starfleet Academy (Science Major)
- 19 years, 9 months
- Swapped to Tactical and Intelligence Joint Major
- 20 years, 2 months
- Started final exam
- 23 years 10 months
- Graduated from the Academy
- Became an Ensign
- Assigned to USS Atlantis as Tactical Officer
- 23 years, 11 months
- Became Lieutenant Junior Grade
- 24 years, 1 month
- Became Chief Of Tactical and Security aboard the USS Atlantis
- 24 years, 2 months
- Promoted to full Lieutenant
- 24 years, 6 months
- Transferred to USS Apollo-A as Chief of Security
- 24 years, 7 months
T'Var began school on star date 237209.01 on Ivor Prime where she spent one term before moving to Alpha V with her mother. She continued her primary and secondary school education on Alpha V.
At Star Fleet Academy she began studying to be a science officer but a few months into her training she switched to a joint major in tactical and intelligence. During her first two years in the Academy T'Var studied on Earth, San Francisco. Her third year she spent studying on Star Base 118 and during her last year she studied aboard the USS Centris-A.
On 239110.21 T'Var graduated top of her class. Leland Bishop finished second in the class, the two had a rivalry all the way through the Academy and took their final exam together.
View full Academic Transcript.
- Federation Standard
T'Var grew up as a bilingual child, learning Klingon from her mother and Federation Standard from her father.
In school on Alpha V, T'Var took an interest in Human languages. In primary school she was taught small amounts of French, Spanish, Russian and Mandarin. She developed a particular love of Mandarin and continued studying it all through her school life. In high school she also started to learn Romulan and Vulcan. And during her time in the Academy T'Var took modules in both Trill and Vulcan.
T'Var was born on Ty'Gokor where she lived for the first year and a half of her life. Although she was only very young at the time, some of her happiest memories were on Ty'Gokor this was because her brother, who doted on her, was living with the rest of them. Once they moved to Ivor Prime her bother was assigned to a Klingon ship the IKS Negh'Var. One year and 9 months after his assignment, K'tal was killed in the line of duty. His death devastated T'Var and it was because of his death that she decided to enter Starfleet rather than follow in him in the Klingon Empire.
When she was 5, T'Var and her mother moved to Alpha V, a human colony. While there T'Var became close friends with a Human boy, Aaron, and a Bajoran girl, Sipo. They were in the same classes all through school and seem to always be getting into trouble. The same was also true out of school. Despite their troublesome reputations they all finished school with exemplary grades and in the end they all went to Starfleet Academy.
|USS Atlantis • Intrepid class|
On star date 239110.21 T'Var graduated form Starfleet Academy and became an Ensign assigned to USS Atlantis as Tactical Officer.
Shortly after T'Var joined the Atlantis they were sent to investigate an out of date Starfleet signal which was originating from the Norlian Nebula. Upon reaching the Nebula, Atlantis discovered the USS Christopher Pike, a ship that had been missing since the year 2299. T'Var was part of the away team that was sent to explore the Pike. They had to use the Tiger Shark, since transporters wouldn't work in the nebula. While the outside of the Pike appeared largely undamaged, the inside had sustained substantial damage in places, there were also strange smudges on the walls and floors which, they discovered during further investigation, were the remains of the Pike's crew. As time moved on the Atlantis began to run into living members of the Pike's and a Romulan's crew that had all been displaced in time. Chroniton shielding and probes for the PANIC Room, recently created by Ren Rennyn and Daro Conti, were used to find a safe path out of the Nebula and time rift for the Atlantis as well as send the USS Christopher Pike back to their own time.
During shore leave T'Var was promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade. And became Chief of Tactical and Security.
After leave the Atlantis was sent by Starfleet Command to the Par'tha Expanse as the Bravo Outpost in the Piktar system had gone silent (part of the Prometheus Incident). As with their last mission, T'Var was sent as part of the away team to the surface of Piktar I. When they reached the surface of the planet, they discovered it was crumbling, this resulted in large section of the earth collapsed in taking half the outpost with it. The away team split into two groups, T'Var's consisted of Ren Rennyn, Johnathan Pike and herself. Her group headed back to the Tiger Shark while the other group went to investigate the remainder of Bravo Outpost.
When flying the Tiger Shark down the chasm, T'Var's group discovered a large, secret underground lab facility. There they met Elsa, a genetically modified Terran, who was the cause of earthquakes and sinkhole. Their priority then became to save the scientists, and Elsa, in the facility before it collapsed completely. As the planet destabilized more, with the Tiger Shark stuck in the underground facility, it looked like the away team might never survive the planet but just when everything seemed lost the Atlantis arrived and beamed everyone to safety.
Everyone from the planet was saved; scientist, away team, even Elsa (though she was in cryostasis). But on the Atlantis they had suffered a terrible casualty. Gwen Gardener, Chief Engineer, was killed when a console exploded next to her. As a result of this a memorial ceremony was held in the holodeck immediately following their mission on Piktar I.
Then the Atlantis traveled back to SB26 to drop off the scientists, and Elsa, of Bravo Outpost. As well as give the Atlantis Crew a well earned break.
During shore leave T'Var was promoted to full Lieutenant.
While they were in the Arboretum for the promotion ceremony the Star Base went into lock down. Eventually the Atlanteans were all able to escape and make it back to the ship where they were given some disturbing news; Captain Blueheart had been captured on security footage killing the Captain of another ship and then he disappeared. The crew of the Atlantis , under the command of Tracey Townson, worked to find Raj Blueheart. They tracked him to a planet called Holonna. The inhabitants of Holonna weren't warp capable so despite the fact they were almost identical to Humans the Atlantis crew would have to be careful not to break the Prime Directive. To this end, T'Var and Adam Haase adapted a personal dampening device so that it could make a person appear, both externally and internally, as an entirely different species. But before the need to use it came Raj Blueheart was returned to the ship.
|USS Apollo-A • Odyssey class|
T'Var was transferred to USS Apollo-A as Chief of Security on star date 239207.15.
While on root to the Typhon Sector the Apollo-A encountered a subspace anomaly that made the ship slit into many different phases, with different members of the crew trapped in different phases. While trying to put the ship back into one phase it was discovered that the only thing that remained constant throughout all the phases was the graviton plating, this was why the crew weren't falling through the decks and out into space. The graviton plating could then be used to sent rudimentary messages between the phases. Eventually the QSD was used to coalesce all the phases and put the ship back into it's correct phase. It was during this mission that T'Var met Ensign Roshacari, a young security officer.
Once the Apollo-A was once again in it's correct phase and repairs were complete and the injured treated the ship and her crew continued it's course to the Typhon Sector.
Awards and Commendations
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- USS Atlantis:
- USS Apollo-A:
|Cadet 4th Class||238709.01 - 238802.04||Science Major|
|238802.04 - 238809.01||Tactical and Intelligence Major|
|Cadet 3rd Class||238809.01 - 238909.01|
|Cadet 2nd Class||238909.01 - 239009.01|
|Cadet 1st Class||239009.01 - 239110.13|
|Cadet 1st Class||239110.13 - 239110.21||Tactical and Intelligence Major|
|Ensign||239110.21 - 239201.12||Tactical Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239201.12 - 239202.04|
|239202.04 - 239206.04||Chief of Tactical/Security|
|Lieutenant||239206.04 - 239207.15|
|Lieutenant||239207.15 - Present||Chief of Security|
|NPC Listing · USS Apollo-A Crew Manifest · Crew History