|Character Type||Personal NPC|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Job Description||Starfleet Officer (Command)|
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Service No.: J568-448 SE
- Duty Post: Executive Aide
- Current Vessel: Deep Space 26
- Date Assigned: 238210.01
- Species: Terran
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: 235606.16
- Place of Birth: San Francisco, Terra
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Height: 1.8m
- Mother: Marion Hathaway
- Father: Elias Hathaway
- Siblings: none
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
Noah James Hathaway is of average height and weight for a Terran his age, with fairly good looks, but an above average intelligence. His father is Elias Hathaway, one of the few deep-sea divers left on Earth. Elias had been hired by an oceanographic institute when he was a younger man, and so relocated to the San Francisco area. It was there that he met and eventually married his wife Marion. Roughly five years later Noah was born. He remains to this day an only child.
Noah had a normal childhood from a social standpoint, but academically was accelerated in school. When he was finishing his secondary education, he applied to Starfleet Academy, and was accepted for the fall semester. His above average intelligence would not affect the standard four-year officer program, but it did allow Noah to take some additional courses that would normally would have overloaded another student. He graduated the Academy at age 22, with an Engineering major, and was assigned to the USS Paladin.
As an ensign he worked in Engineering under then Chief Engineer Varaan. It was during this time that he worked with Ensign J'kal and Lieutenant Greene, the CMO, to develop an artificial hearing device that would replace Varaan's natural ears, which had been destroyed due to damaging radiation. Ironically enough, the new biosynthetic apparatus was nicknamed "E.A.R.S." for External Auditory Receptor System. Hathaway, along with the other two, received a commendation, and wrote up his work into an article published in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers annual journal.
When Varaan was promoted to the position of Executive Officer, Hathaway went with him as his executive aide. It was then Noah received his first promotion to Lieutenant (jg). Varaan began training Hathaway (vicariously through the other department heads) in multiple departments and disciplines. Hathaway became a "jack-of-all-trades", able to fill in anywhere Varaan needed him, when he wasn't working in his official aide capacity. He quickly garnered another promotion to full Lieutenant.
Varaan has since taken command of the USS Atlantis, and most of the Paladin crew transferred over, including Hathaway. Hathaway still acted as Varaan's aide, but also filled in as a Duty Officer. Varaan sees great command potential in his young protege, and is grooming him for a ship and crew of his own someday.
Noah's closest friends in his Starfleet career have been his mentor, Varaan, CWO Phillipe Marquette who also mentored Noah during his engineering career, and Lieutenant Eskyys, Varaan's successor in Engineering. Although Marquette is old enough to be Noah's father, their relationship is more fraternal in nature.
Noah's had an on-again-off-again romantic relationship with J'kal. Neither knows for sure where it will end up.
- 237509.03 - entered Starfleet Academy
- 237906.30 - graduated from Starfleet Academy
- 237908.02 - Assigned to the USS Paladin as an Engineering Officer
- 238010.10 - Promoted to Chief Engineering Officer
- 238011.04 - Rank promotion to Lieutenant (jg), transferred from Engineering to Executive Aide to the XO
- 238110.20 - Rank promotion to Lieutenant
- 238204.09 - Transferred to the USS Atlantis as Command Aide/Duty Officer/Deck Officer
- 238210.02 - Transferred to the USS Independence as Chief Engineering Officer
- 238301.08 - Reassigned to Deep Space 26 as an Executive Aide to Admiral Krieger
- Previous Ships Served On: Independence, Atlantis, Paladin
- Awards Received: n.a.
- Groups: n.a. (This character was, and is again, an NPC of Varaan's)
- Ensign: 237908.02
- Lieutenant JG: 238011.04
- Lieutenant: 238110.20
- Lt. Commander:
- Fleet Captain:
- Rear Admiral:
- Vice Admiral:
- Fleet Admiral:
- This is/was a secondary character of Varaan.